rupa

How to find a Civil surgeon in Jacksonville, FL

14 posts in this topic

Hi Folks,

I've read through the pinned thread on this topic and seen the contact info for the guy in Texas, but how do I find one in Jax FL that will do the same thing. I know the info is out there, just not sure where to find it.

Thanks,

Rupa

Jul 15/07 Engaged!

Oct ??/07 - Lawyer sent in I-129F

Nov 6/07 - NOA 1 Date

Jan 18/07 - Waiting anxiously

Feb 17/08 - A touch!

Feb 29/08 - NOA 2 - Approved!

Mar 02/08 - Touched

Mar 03/08 - Touched

Mar 10/08 - Petition arrived at NVC

Mar 12/08 - NVC forwarded Petition to Vancouver Consulate!

Mar 28/08 - Received packet 3

Apr 7/08 - Sent Packet 3

Apr 14/08 - Medical!!

May 13/08 - Interview date YAHOO!

GOT THE VISA!!!!! MAY 14, 2008

July 6/08 - Crossed the border - they let me in!!

July 12/08 - Wedding day - it was perfect!

July 23/08 - Back from Honeymoon in PR - now onto AOS?!?!?!

Sept 3/08 - AOS package in the mail - what a headache!

Sept 9/08 - 3 NOA's for AOS, EAD and AP

Sept 30/08 - Biometrics appointment for AOS and EAD

Nov 13/08 - Touch on AOS and EAD

Nov 17/08 - AP shows up in the mail

Nov 17/08 - EAD card production ordered

Jun 25/09 - Green Card Production ordered - Finally after 10 months!

June 30/09 - Received welcome letter!

July 10/09 - GREENCARD! - All done for a bit now!

May 20/11 - Sent in I-751 for removal of Conditions

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hi Folks,

I've read through the pinned thread on this topic and seen the contact info for the guy in Texas, but how do I find one in Jax FL that will do the same thing. I know the info is out there, just not sure where to find it.

Thanks,

Rupa

GO TO USCIS WEBSITE AND U WILL FIND ALL CIVIL SURGEON FOR FL

OR CALL USCIS AND THEY WILL HELP U OUT ABOUT THAT GOODLUCK

Do you need any shots or do you simply need the paperwork done? Because Dr Arnold (the one in Austin TX) does it quickly by mail, for a reasonable price, and is used to doing the paperwork.

If you do need to see a CS then you can use the USCIS CS locator page here: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=of...office_type=CIV

Hope this helps!

--------------------

(Full timeline in profile)

25th May 07 - Sent I-129F to TSC

17th December 07 - Interview- APPROVED! :)

17th May 08 - Got married!!!!! :)

18th June 08 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

3rd October 08 - Green card in hand!!

26th August 10 - Sent I-751 to VSC

31st August 10 - NOA1 from VSC

10th January 11 - I-751 approved!

14th January 11 - 10-year green card in hand!!

22nd April 23 - N400 submitted online; NOA available in USCIS account immediately
6th November 23 - Interview; approval same day
28th November 23 - Oath ceremony scheduled

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Hi Folks,

Thanks,

Rupa

Here's a link to where you can find one, simply enter your zipcode..

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=of...office_type=CIV

Greencard (2008):

July 16....AOS mailed;

July 17.......AOS received
July 21.......NOA1 receipt date

July 23.......Check Cashed
July 25.......Received NOA1

July 28.......Received Biometrics appointment
Aug 12.....received RFE notice

Aug 13...Biometrics Appointment

August 19...RFE received, case resumed processing
Oct. 8.........EAD Card production ordered

Oct. 16.......EAD Approval noticed mailed
Oct. 18........EAD in hand (came in mail)
Nov 3.........Interview Notice received in mail
Dec 4.........Interview APPROVED, CRIS email: card production ordered
Dec 9.........Welcome noticed received in mail Dec 9.........card production ordered
Dec 14.......Received greencard in mail

CITIZENSHIP (2014):
May 7...Application mailed out

Thanks Everyone,

I've had all the required vaccinations so only need the vaccination record transcribed. I read in one thread that someone got a raised eyebrow from the interviewer during the AOS interview when she saw the Doc who did the record was in Texas, but applicant was a resident of another state. Is this really a problem or am I being too #######. I would love to use the Doc in Texas, just so I can get through this process faster, but am worried if that will cause problems for me at the interview if I don't use one from Florida.

Any thoughts?

Jul 15/07 Engaged!

Nov 6/07 - NOA 1 Date

Feb 17/08 - A touch!

Mar 02/08 - Touched

Mar 03/08 - Touched

Apr 7/08 - Sent Packet 3

Apr 14/08 - Medical!!

Thanks Everyone,

I've had all the required vaccinations so only need the vaccination record transcribed. I read in one thread that someone got a raised eyebrow from the interviewer during the AOS interview when she saw the Doc who did the record was in Texas, but applicant was a resident of another state. Is this really a problem or am I being too #######. I would love to use the Doc in Texas, just so I can get through this process faster, but am worried if that will cause problems for me at the interview if I don't use one from Florida.

Any thoughts?

I haven't heard this before, but have heard of TONS of people using Dr. Arnold before. It's up to you, but I believe Dr. Arnold is like $10-20 dollars, and at least my civil surgeon in St. Louis charged me $50.00. If I had known of Dr. Arnold, I'd have used him. Or her...I really don't know what gender Dr. Arnold is! :lol:

Just my thoughts.

carlahmsb4.gif

I read in one thread that someone got a raised eyebrow from the interviewer during the AOS interview when she saw the Doc who did the record was in Texas, but applicant was a resident of another state.

Here is that thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=133187

I read in one thread that someone got a raised eyebrow from the interviewer during the AOS interview when she saw the Doc who did the record was in Texas, but applicant was a resident of another state.

Here is that thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=133187

Thanks for providing that thread. This is the first time I've ever heard of that comment, and because tons of people have used Dr. Arnold and not had these types of comments I would still use them. Sounds like the CO was a little irritable anyway that day. :lol:

The CO makes mention of using a Dr. you've not seen face to face...well, my experience I didn't see mine either. I paid $50.00 to hand over my vaccination record book from Canada to a receptionist, who filled out the form, stuck it in front of a Dr. to get his signature, and then return it to me. All this is about is a money grab as far as I'm concerned, because I had a Dr. in Canada sign the form saying I was up to date on all my vaccinations before I even came here, as outlined in the medical report that was turned over to the BO when I arrived here. I would suggest that half the Civil Surgeons here who fill out the form, didn't give the person their vaccination anyway!

carlahmsb4.gif

• 1 month later...

Thanks for providing that thread. This is the first time I've ever heard of that comment, and because tons of people have used Dr. Arnold and not had these types of comments I would still use them. Sounds like the CO was a little irritable anyway that day. :lol:

The CO makes mention of using a Dr. you've not seen face to face...well, my experience I didn't see mine either. I paid $50.00 to hand over my vaccination record book from Canada to a receptionist, who filled out the form, stuck it in front of a Dr. to get his signature, and then return it to me. All this is about is a money grab as far as I'm concerned, because I had a Dr. in Canada sign the form saying I was up to date on all my vaccinations before I even came here, as outlined in the medical report that was turned over to the BO when I arrived here. I would suggest that half the Civil Surgeons here who fill out the form, didn't give the person their vaccination anyway!

Thanks Carla, that's good to know.

Jul 15/07 Engaged!

Nov 6/07 - NOA 1 Date

Feb 17/08 - A touch!

Mar 02/08 - Touched

Mar 03/08 - Touched

Apr 7/08 - Sent Packet 3

Apr 14/08 - Medical!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi!

Here's a link to the I-485 directions which state that an I-693 is supposed to be done... See page 4.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

Here's a link to the new regulations...

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

From that website... important dates to keep in mind.

Date of Medical Exam

Do I have to submit the revised Form I-693?

Does the medical exam have to be done in accordance with the new TB requirements?

Do I have to receive the new vaccines (if age appropriate?)

Before June 1, 2008

No

No

No

June 1 – July 31, 2008

Yes Edition dates 4/2/08 and 6/5/08 are acceptable

Yes

No

On or after Aug. 1, 2008

Yes - must submit Edition date 6/5/08

Yes

Yes

AOS & getting the SSN & the I-693

6/13/08 Applied for SSN for David ----- TRIP 1; 6/23/08 Went back to SSA 'cuz the person didn't pc all documents (rec'd letter from them) ----- TRIP 2

7/2/08 Received David's health insurance cards! Yay!

7/3/08 Went back to SSA; they said come back 7/9 if he still hasn't received it ----- TRIP 3

7/8/08 Got list of vaccines he still needed from CS by fax/phone; tested for immunity to MMR (only vaccine still needed) at our family dr

7/9 & 7/10/08 Went back to SSA, card still not received - Denied opportunity to apply for replacement ----- TRIP 4; Went back to SSA again to apply for a replacement card - Talked to a supervisor this time, POE people entered his last name incorrectly ----- TRIP 5; went to get David's ID thru the State, denied - instructions wrong on website; measles test inconclusive, another test needed; requested new lease

7/14/08 SSA called me in regards to problems at local SSA office

7/15/08 INFOPASS appt to fix POE name input error and then went to airport to fix POE name error

7/17/08 Received SSN card in mail and went to get state ID

7/21/08 State ID received in the mail and tested again for measles immunity

7/29/08 MMR shot #2 given and dropped off papers at Civil Surgeon (CS)

7/31/08 Picked up I-693, completed by local CS, (I paid $25, don't be fooled)

8/3 - 8/6/08 Worked on forms I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765 and I-131; sent to Chicago - YESSS!

8/11/08 NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP; 9/2/08 Transfered to CSC; 9/4/08 Biometrics

10/24/08 Rec'd AP; 10/27/08 Rec'd EAD; 11/24/08 Rec'd GC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is no requirement that you live in the same state as the Civil Surgeon. I used Dr. Arnold's services and it was simple, affordable and fast. If you go to a Civil Surgeon in your area you will likely pay alot more and then have to argue with them that you dont need a physical.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
If you go to a Civil Surgeon in your area you will likely pay alot more and then have to argue with them that you dont need a physical.

Hi.

It is not necessarily true that this will happen. I went to a very knowledgeable local CS and paid $25. No arguing.

AOS & getting the SSN & the I-693

6/13/08 Applied for SSN for David ----- TRIP 1; 6/23/08 Went back to SSA 'cuz the person didn't pc all documents (rec'd letter from them) ----- TRIP 2

7/2/08 Received David's health insurance cards! Yay!

7/3/08 Went back to SSA; they said come back 7/9 if he still hasn't received it ----- TRIP 3

7/8/08 Got list of vaccines he still needed from CS by fax/phone; tested for immunity to MMR (only vaccine still needed) at our family dr

7/9 & 7/10/08 Went back to SSA, card still not received - Denied opportunity to apply for replacement ----- TRIP 4; Went back to SSA again to apply for a replacement card - Talked to a supervisor this time, POE people entered his last name incorrectly ----- TRIP 5; went to get David's ID thru the State, denied - instructions wrong on website; measles test inconclusive, another test needed; requested new lease

7/14/08 SSA called me in regards to problems at local SSA office

7/15/08 INFOPASS appt to fix POE name input error and then went to airport to fix POE name error

7/17/08 Received SSN card in mail and went to get state ID

7/21/08 State ID received in the mail and tested again for measles immunity

7/29/08 MMR shot #2 given and dropped off papers at Civil Surgeon (CS)

7/31/08 Picked up I-693, completed by local CS, (I paid $25, don't be fooled)

8/3 - 8/6/08 Worked on forms I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765 and I-131; sent to Chicago - YESSS!

8/11/08 NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP; 9/2/08 Transfered to CSC; 9/4/08 Biometrics

10/24/08 Rec'd AP; 10/27/08 Rec'd EAD; 11/24/08 Rec'd GC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello.

I thought about asking Dr. Arnold, too. But, I changed my mind because I was affected by those new TB testing and vaccination requirements. If you need to have TB skin test because of new requirements, you should go and see a civil surgeon in person because the doctor needs to read the result and if necessary, you need to have X-ray taken. Besides, there is a space for only one civil surgeon to sign on I-693. So, you cannot ask one to transcribe vaccination info and ask another one to do your TB testing.....

If I weren't affected by those new requirements, I would certainly asked Dr. Arnold.

Good Luck :star:

Past History

10/09/2007: Sent out I-129F

07/31/2008: K1 visa issued

08/05/2008: U.S. entry as a K1 visa holder

09/03/2008: Wedding at the City Hall:)

AOS timeline

09/18/2008: Sent out AOS/EAD/AP via Fedex

09/22/2008: Application received

09/26/2008: Application received Date on NOA1

10/16/2008: Biometrics appointment

10/17/2008: Touch

12/08/2008: Filed a Service Request for EAD (more than 75 days since petition received.)

12/22/2008: Infopass Appointment (Day 91 since EAD application filed)

12/22/2008: EAD approved (card production ordered/Day 91)

12/31/2008: AP received in mail :)

01/02/2009: EAD received in mail :)

01/09/2009: AOS interview letter received in mail :)

02/20/2009: Interview :) => Approved!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.