sara.....

CSC SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Did anybody try to go to CSC and talk with an immigration officer b4? I'm just curious if this is possible.

I don't know about that but not even sending the adjuticators chocolates did any good. :lol:

Sara, I don't even have words to help soothe your spirit anymore. :( One thing I did think of the other day that i'm not sure you've done yet is contact the ombudsman for help. I remember a few couples getting help last year from him. Worth a shot if you haven't contacted him yet.

Until then, you know where to find me if and when you need an ear. Stay strong darling! We're all on your side. hug9.gif

It doesn't hurt to contact the ombudsman. I know that they don't assist every case, but they did help us (sort of). You have to have something valid before they will assist however.

Let me explain how they assisted us. We had our case sent back in Aug of 05, we finally got a priority date from the USCIS of Dec 05. At that time the USCIS was accepting and returning emails. I had sent a few emails back and forth with them, and one of them stated that it would be adjudicated by a specific date (seems like it was around March or April). That came and went, and then they stopped accepting and returning emails. I contaced the ombudsman around June, and they accepted our case and wrote the USCIS a letter asking for a status on our case. They have a specific amount of time that they are required to respond by, and of course they waited for the very last day to respond, and the response was that they adjudicate in the order it was received, and they had cases before ours. When I got that I was so bummed, I had no where else to turn, and the ombudsman appeared to be satisfied with the response. If they weren't they never said anything to me.

Fast forward 1 week, I get a letter for the NOIR (Notice of Intent to Revoke). Now this wording does sound scary, but this was what we were waiting for because it is the only time they will accept anything from us to adjudicate our case.

So yes I believe it helped. I know of a case that had been there a month longer than ours, and it seems that they jumped ahead to us. Not fair for the other couple, but that is a whole other can of worms. I haven't heard from them for such a long time now and I am worried about their case. Last I heard they were doing security checks on them, and my husband has been here now since Dec of 06.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Hang in there, Sara. (F)

AOS Timeline:

7/30/08: Sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

7/31/08: Received by USCIS

8/06/08: Check cashed

8/07/08: Rec'd NOA for I-485 AOS

8/07/08: AOS, EAD, & AP - Touched

8/08/08: Rec'd NOAs for EAD & AP

8/12/08: Rec'd Biometrics appt letter

8/21/08: Biometrics

9/29/08: EAD & AP - approved!!

10/6/08: EAD & AP - received in the mail!

2/06/09: Received interview notice for March 10th!!

3/10/09: Passed interview - husband's GC approved!!! Woohoo!!! :-)

01/2011: File to remove conditions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Did anybody try to go to CSC and talk with an immigration officer b4? I'm just curious if this is possible.

I don't know about that but not even sending the adjuticators chocolates did any good. :lol:

Sara, I don't even have words to help soothe your spirit anymore. :( One thing I did think of the other day that i'm not sure you've done yet is contact the ombudsman for help. I remember a few couples getting help last year from him. Worth a shot if you haven't contacted him yet.

Until then, you know where to find me if and when you need an ear. Stay strong darling! We're all on your side. hug9.gif

It doesn't hurt to contact the ombudsman. I know that they don't assist every case, but they did help us (sort of). You have to have something valid before they will assist however.

Let me explain how they assisted us. We had our case sent back in Aug of 05, we finally got a priority date from the USCIS of Dec 05. At that time the USCIS was accepting and returning emails. I had sent a few emails back and forth with them, and one of them stated that it would be adjudicated by a specific date (seems like it was around March or April). That came and went, and then they stopped accepting and returning emails. I contaced the ombudsman around June, and they accepted our case and wrote the USCIS a letter asking for a status on our case. They have a specific amount of time that they are required to respond by, and of course they waited for the very last day to respond, and the response was that they adjudicate in the order it was received, and they had cases before ours. When I got that I was so bummed, I had no where else to turn, and the ombudsman appeared to be satisfied with the response. If they weren't they never said anything to me.

Fast forward 1 week, I get a letter for the NOIR (Notice of Intent to Revoke). Now this wording does sound scary, but this was what we were waiting for because it is the only time they will accept anything from us to adjudicate our case.

So yes I believe it helped. I know of a case that had been there a month longer than ours, and it seems that they jumped ahead to us. Not fair for the other couple, but that is a whole other can of worms. I haven't heard from them for such a long time now and I am worried about their case. Last I heard they were doing security checks on them, and my husband has been here now since Dec of 06.

thanks i will send off to ombudsman today i saw on the site can take up to 14 days to reach him due to security reasons but i got over 300 days involved already in this so 14 days is a drop in the bucket to wait lol.......i hope it will do some good but i guess only God knows for sure......thankyou all of u for all the good wishes and advise

sara

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Oh Sara you know I have been following your case since I feel my case has been put into the same box as yours sadly. Granted you have now applied almost a year ago and I just hit my 6 month mark but we also are being told the "stuck in security" answer when nwo people 2 or 3 months after us are being approved who have past records with the police and such and neither of us have ANY just like you guys.

I also contacted my congressman and got the letter stating they would reply to me in 30 days. I am sure we will get canned response as well but I feel I need to do everything I can for us. This is hurting us so much financially as well since my fiance' went down to just 3 hours a day at work giving up his full time position so that he could train new people to take his place and now he barely has any funds to live off of and is stuck living at his mums house and all his stuff has already been shipped to me! UGHHHHH. Sorry didn't mean to vent as I know you have much more reason to vent but just wanted to tell you I def feel at least 1/2 your pain and frustration right now.

Have you thought of the going over and getting married then applying for spouse visa instead? I am highly thinking of this.....

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Timeline
Oh Sara you know I have been following your case since I feel my case has been put into the same box as yours sadly. Granted you have now applied almost a year ago and I just hit my 6 month mark but we also are being told the "stuck in security" answer when nwo people 2 or 3 months after us are being approved who have past records with the police and such and neither of us have ANY just like you guys.

I also contacted my congressman and got the letter stating they would reply to me in 30 days. I am sure we will get canned response as well but I feel I need to do everything I can for us. This is hurting us so much financially as well since my fiance' went down to just 3 hours a day at work giving up his full time position so that he could train new people to take his place and now he barely has any funds to live off of and is stuck living at his mums house and all his stuff has already been shipped to me! UGHHHHH. Sorry didn't mean to vent as I know you have much more reason to vent but just wanted to tell you I def feel at least 1/2 your pain and frustration right now.

Have you thought of the going over and getting married then applying for spouse visa instead? I am highly thinking of this.....

dont feel bad about venting pain is pain it dont matter how long u have or have not been waiting.... :)

yes we have thought of it but im the one that pushed him into coming to the usa because doctors in kashmir make in one month about what i make in one day doing graphic designs.........life in srinagar is not easy electric is more off than on and there is a lot of problem finding the way to heat ur home in the winter because propane is scarce ......with out electric it means not Internet and so that means i cant work as thats the biggest part of my business.........so i dont know what we will do to tell u the truth getting married in india prolly wont solve the problem they would just throw us back into security again.........very sad what the usa is capable of doing to families or people trying to start their life maybe the problem is our records are toooo clean and they dont believe it lol

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

You know what folks? Listening to tales of peeps waiting since October really puts my own 5 month wait into perspective - bummer. I'm gonna try real hard not to piss and moan too much until you get your NOA2 :blush:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Timeline
You know what folks? Listening to tales of peeps waiting since October really puts my own 5 month wait into perspective - bummer. I'm gonna try real hard not to piss and moan too much until you get your NOA2 :blush:

lol in reality i have been waiting since aug we got caught in the rush because of change of fees so didnt get noa1 until sept........but five months does im sure entitle u to moan about how long its taken i think that everyone has their limit just like some people have the ability to take a lot of pain that others dont same goes with immigration what is long for one person is short for another so there really can not be any time limit on how long it takes u to start feeling upset over the immigration process :whistle: i have one friend that started stressing one month into the process but her pain is just as real as mine is........... :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Yeah and I was looking into marrying and then applying for K3 instead and the way it looks first off you still have to cough up more money and exactly what you said Sara about having to take chance of being thrown back into same situation again :( It just is not FAIR!

All I know is if we are still in this situation next summer I will be moving to England....sigh. As much as it would be a total pain in the butt since I am settled and by family etc...I also would be uprooting my daughter away from family again and throwing us all into a huge situation!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Hi Sara,

I've read a lot of what you have posted along this journey and feel for you. I hope you've sent of the paperwork to the ombudsman today. I'm also praying for a surprise in you mailbox.

Thai Mom

Sara...

I am so so sorry.

I think of you so often and wonder how you are doing.

I wish so many things for you but mostly I wish for a resolution to this, something has to give and I pray it happens soon.

Big hugs hon (F)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.