allousa

My Husband's Father was Deported Yesterday

301 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

When i read the first part i was thinking the same thing, as many problems as this has given you guys, i would be more than ready to leave, hope it all gets straighten out, and is there any legal action that can be taken against these officers/security when everything is out in the open. I would not let it just die down, it needs to be publicly noted what happened up the ladder as far as it can go.

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm so sorry. I hope you find the answers to all your questions on this one.

I am sending hugs to your FIL.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

This is a nightmare! I would definately not sit on this. Like you said you had 7 years of hell and now this!!!! I would take this as far as I could to get justice. My heart goes out to your family for the pain that this has caused. And nobody mean or not should open their mouth about what race a person is and that they deserve it. Just because a few bad people were of the same race doesn't mean that everybody is bad. Think of the bad things some of the people from our country have done but that doesn't mean we are all like this. You would think that with your father n law's permission they could speak with your husband. I am just ashamed right now that our immigration official's treated your family this way with no cause or explanation to you.......

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

That is terrible treatment!!!!

It definately warrents a formal complaint to the Customs and Border Patrol Department. List your complaints:

1) Not given any information what the delay is

2) Being misdirected all over the airport

3) Being yelled at by Customs and Border patrol agents

4) Interrogation of non english speaking tourist without a certified interpretor being present

I would raise holy hell on this!!!!

But in the end, did they let your father in law in????

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
That is terrible treatment!!!!

It definately warrents a formal complaint to the Customs and Border Patrol Department. List your complaints:

1) Not given any information what the delay is

2) Being misdirected all over the airport

3) Being yelled at by Customs and Border patrol agents

4) Interrogation of non english speaking tourist without a certified interpretor being present

I would raise holy hell on this!!!!

But in the end, did they let your father in law in????

No, both the FIL and MIL are back in Morocco. What a shame - such terrible treatment and expense. This is unbelievable. I'm so, so sorry. :(

I think it is disgusting. I know that there are measures that need to be taken to protect the country but there is never any excuse to be treated the way you and your family were treated. I would definitely take this further - it is disgusting that they can get away with doing this, especially as your FIL took it all on the chin and just got on with things, seemingly bearing no grudges either.

If it was all a misunderstanding, why did they still deport him? I would be so p*ssed right now.

Mahoosive hugs to you and yours *hugs*

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I would cal my local news station and expose these dummies.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
I know that mean people will say...well they are Arabs and that is just how things have to be for this country to be safe. But after having been treated so badly ourselves, not just his parents, I am left wondering where has the humanity gone in this country. I am still in shock that this all happened and left wondering why. Why....why such warm, generous and kind-hearted people were treated like criminals without even a reason why.

No one, absolutely NO ONE deserves this treatment. Who cares if they're Arabs? (I'm not directing this at you, just expressing anger on your behalf!)

I hope that you get some answers soon. (F)

And I agree with Nagi.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I would cal my local news station and expose these dummies.

Add CNN, MSNBC, FOXNEWS etc...

:yes:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

and local paper

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

The more I think about this the angrier I get. I can't imagine what you and your family are feeling.

Was this your FIL's first visit to America?

Just a couple of weeks ago Aubrey had to deal with crazy questioning when her fiance came into Seattle.

Is there something going on (politically) other than what's been going on for the last 5 years that we don't know about that is freaking out these customs and border agents?

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

omg...what a horrible experience. That moment when he said "I am a friend of America" is just heartbreaking. So so sorry for this. I think it was partly a power trip on the side of the customs officials. I agree with everyone else, make sure you get some official word on this, the WHY and the how on how this could happen.

Best to your husband and son. This should have been a happy family reunion, not another immigration nightmare.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.