A&A

How Muslims are treated in the USA

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
i'm not seeing anything in the op to indicate it's bias specifically against muslims.

maybe the OP just pissed them off and they arent predudiced against anything! except people who piss them off lol.... i have had things get delayed, food spit on, all sorts of things in life due to my rudeness. now i have learned from this and kill them with kindness, even if people are trying my patience

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline
i'm not seeing anything in the op to indicate it's bias specifically against muslims.

maybe the OP just pissed them off and they arent predudiced against anything! except people who piss them off lol.... i have had things get delayed, food spit on, all sorts of things in life due to my rudeness. now i have learned from this and kill them with kindness, even if people are trying my patience

How is it going to help OP?

I-130

Jun 28 2004 : Received at NSC

Oct 25 2004 : Transferred to CSC

Oct 29 2004 : Received at CSC

Nov 8 2004 : Received response from CSC that my file is being requested & review will be done

Nov 10 2004 : Email & online status Approved

Nov 15 2004 : NOA 2 in mail

Dec 16 2004 : NVC assigns case number

Dec 20 2004 : NVC sent DS 3032 to beneficiary, copy of DS 3032 & I-864 fee bill to petitioner

Jan 3 2005 : Petitioner received copy of DS 3032 and I-864 fee bill. Post-marked Dec 23rd.

Jan 11 2005 : Beneficiary received DS 3032 in Indonesia

Jan 31 2005 : Sent DS 3032 to NVC

Feb 8, 2005 : NVC received DS 3032

Feb 21, 2005 : IV fee generated

Feb 25, 2005 : Sent I-864 fee bill

Feb 28, 2005 : I-864 fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 3, 2005 : IV fee bill received

Mar 7, 2005 : Sent IV fee bill

Mar 9, 2005 : IV fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 28, 2005 : I-864 fee credited against case.

April 6, 2005 : Received I-864 package

April 7, 2005 : Immigrant Visa fee credited against case.

April 11, 2005 : DS 230 is generated

Aug 12, 2005 : I-864 & DS 230 received by NVC

Sep 14, 2005 : RFE on I-864

Nov 3, 2005 : Checklist response received at NVC

Nov 25, 2005 : Case completion

Dec 9, 2005 : Police Cert requested from the Netherlands

Jan 12 2006 : Interview success - Approved !!

Jan 19 2006 : Visa & brown envelope picked up

Timeline

How is it going to help OP?

wont help her after the fact, but if she was rude, which i am not saying for sure that she was, then maybe she will know for next time!

Filed: Timeline
I'm still in shock over this one... My husband came here with a fiance visa on May 8th of this year. On May 23rd we got married at the courthouse. It was a quick but nice ceremony and we thought everything would be routine (as far as the immigration process) after that. The judge ended up writing the wrong date on the marriage certificate. He submitted it wrong and it was sent back to him. Now you would think a judge would know how to correct a legal document, but he just scratched out the error and wrote in the correct date. It was sent back to him a second time... 5 weeks later we still don't have the marriage certificate. The judge's secretary got very rude with me and told me that he made the corrections and i must deal with the county service center now. So today we went down to the service center and find out that the judge refused to sign the affidavit to legally correct the marriage certificate!!! The lady at the service desk explained that he would not give a reason as to why he would not correct his mistake...just simply refused to do it! So here we have a marriage certificate that is not legal and the judge will not fix his simple mistake. I called his secretary to try and get some clarification as to why he did this, but she was very rude with me and said it was his descision not to correct it. WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD ANYONE DO THIS??? He was very aware that we needed this for immigration. And to make matters worse, he kept the marriage certificate almost a month before deciding not to correct it! The lady at the service center said she has never heard of a judge doing this to anyone before. Now we have a month to get a lawyer and contact immigration to figure out how we can make this legal. AH, it makes me so angry that someone can do this... I can't help but think this a case of prejudice. I wish i wish i wish we would have gotten married at the mosque. I can't believe this judge can knowingly make our lives hell without any explanation.

What you need to do is POLITELY make an appointment with your local congressman or rep. POLITELY say "There just must be some simple mistake." Call the office tomorrow and get the paper that frees up the disclosure act ( its like a paper that's a hold harmless for someone to talk to you" Every senator has one. POLITELY talk to the senator and explain it just must be some simple misunderstanding. If you cant get through with them. Go back to the judge's secretary and POLITELY ask what you can do to remedy this. I suspect that somehow you pissed the secretary off. YOU CALLED. Not visited. You need to VISIT and make an in person appointment and BE POLITE. Sometimes in our haste to get things done ( ESPECIALLY IMMIGRATION) we rub people the wrong way. My suggestion is to ask for an appointment with the SECRETARY not the judge and politely ask her in person how you can fix this problem. Calling an attorney is overboard

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wow that is awful. Ahmed and I got married at the courthouse here in Alabama on April 28th 2008 and was given our signed marriage certificate within 5 minutes and got three more certified copies each only cost $3. Then the same minister agreed to do our formal marriage ceremony that we just had on June 28th. I hate to hear you are having such problems. Ask the county courthouse since he wrote the wrong date and refuses to correct it if it makes your marriage invalid and can you just marry again in the courthouse and get a new certificate. It may be faster that way and cheaper than hiring a lawyer and trying to force him to change the date. But it is just my thoughts I am not sure if you can do this or not. I thank God nothing crazy like that happened to us. I wish you the best of luck in resolving this quickly. Also therew has to be someone who can make the judge do what is right. Ask the courthouse who is over the judges...who do they answer to for bad conduct. If all else fails turn to your Senator of your State. Judges have to answer to someone. Maybe he will lose his appointment as a judge if he does not do what he is suppose to. Heck you could even call the local television station and give him some bad publicity and tell what he did and how he refuses to correct it.....it is not slander if it is true. I would send him a certified letter giving him 10 business day to correct the mistake and have a correct marriage certificate delivered back to you or you will go public, contact the senator and whatever state office he answers to. Of course keep a copy for your records. If it is an elected position and he wants reelceted he will not want the people to know how he has behaved. Anyway, just all my opinion here. Good Luck.

Cheryl

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I'm still in shock over this one... My husband came here with a fiance visa on May 8th of this year. On May 23rd we got married at the courthouse. It was a quick but nice ceremony and we thought everything would be routine (as far as the immigration process) after that. The judge ended up writing the wrong date on the marriage certificate. He submitted it wrong and it was sent back to him. Now you would think a judge would know how to correct a legal document, but he just scratched out the error and wrote in the correct date. It was sent back to him a second time... 5 weeks later we still don't have the marriage certificate. The judge's secretary got very rude with me and told me that he made the corrections and i must deal with the county service center now. So today we went down to the service center and find out that the judge refused to sign the affidavit to legally correct the marriage certificate!!! The lady at the service desk explained that he would not give a reason as to why he would not correct his mistake...just simply refused to do it! So here we have a marriage certificate that is not legal and the judge will not fix his simple mistake. I called his secretary to try and get some clarification as to why he did this, but she was very rude with me and said it was his descision not to correct it. WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD ANYONE DO THIS??? He was very aware that we needed this for immigration. And to make matters worse, he kept the marriage certificate almost a month before deciding not to correct it! The lady at the service center said she has never heard of a judge doing this to anyone before. Now we have a month to get a lawyer and contact immigration to figure out how we can make this legal. AH, it makes me so angry that someone can do this... I can't help but think this a case of prejudice. I wish i wish i wish we would have gotten married at the mosque. I can't believe this judge can knowingly make our lives hell without any explanation.

Is this in Nebraska?

Come to California, they marry everything!!! :thumbs:

everyone. homosexuals are human beings.

Oh geez...........I wasn't even refering to homosexuals.......I was trying to make a joke!!

Like dogs, plants, cats.......anything.........

I have friends that are homosexuals.........sorry you took it the wrong way.

If you love me, then I have everything I need

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am DEFINITLY not a rude person like you are. I am actually a very quiet and polite person by nature. lol hubby says i need to do some yelling with these people!

AOS

Sent..... 7/18/2008

NOA1.....7/28/2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

We have requested an appointment with the chief judge for our county. He has the right to override the other judges descision. (which has NO basis) Inshallah, he can get this done fast enough. Everyone seems to be moving soooooo slow here! Otherwise we will just submit the marriage lisence as is (since we are legally married) and just expect an RFE. We will see what happens in the next couple days...our next option may be contacting the local news stations. I'm sure they can get the ball rolling faster than anyone else.

AOS

Sent..... 7/18/2008

NOA1.....7/28/2008

Timeline

I am DEFINITLY not a rude person like you are. I am actually a very quiet and polite person by nature. lol hubby says i need to do some yelling with these people!

I should clarify I am not rude. I just have had moments of rudeness due to impatience. Thanks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
We have requested an appointment with the chief judge for our county. He has the right to override the other judges descision. (which has NO basis) Inshallah, he can get this done fast enough. Everyone seems to be moving soooooo slow here! Otherwise we will just submit the marriage lisence as is (since we are legally married) and just expect an RFE. We will see what happens in the next couple days...our next option may be contacting the local news stations. I'm sure they can get the ball rolling faster than anyone else.

what a nightmare! I hope it works out soon!

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

I think this problem is being taken to far right? I just can't get it in my head that they can actually do this kind of stuff to a person. I don't think it's because of being muslim I think it's because of your spouse wanting to immigrate to USA. Immigrants usually aren't welcomed by alot of people. Especially the economy. That's what I feel at least. Patience is all I can recommend and getting senators involved.

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

exactly

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I can't think of any other reason... or maybe he just doesn't like palestinians. Why us specifically?? Heck, if we were two african-americans i bet we could really blow this up.

it could be anti-immigrant bias. don't chalk it up so quickly to anti-muslim.

:unsure: I like to think positive too. can you not go to a Masjiid???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.