Sinergy

Our kids SS numbers

143 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
well.. there's a soap or scrubbing lotion.. then the astringent and then the moisturizing lotion to close the pores

and dont laugh!! i really use that stuff

:lol::lol::lol:

you're mantastic

12/5/05 Sent I129F Petition to Nebraska via Express Mail

12/6/05 Packaged received at 10:38 am in Nebraska

12/9/05 Check cashed (Never been so happy to have money leave my account)

12/12/05 Receive NOA1 snail mail - 30-60 day processing estimate

01/04/06 Receive NOA2 via e-mail

1/20/06 NVC letter in mail...will ship within a week.

2/1/06 Packet 3 and 4 in the mail

3/15/06 Interview - neither approved nor declined need to send in Migratory Movement Certificate AP

3/20/06 Migratory Movement Certificate for myself and fiancee sent to US Embassy in Lima

3/23/06 Visa Approved

5/19/06 I leave for Peru to pick up mi amor

5/25/06 Lucia and I arrive in Chicago

7/01/06 Legal Marriage

9/09/06 Religious Wedding

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

To return this thread a bit back to the original post, I found this bit of information about Congress is doing: Nothing!

Well almost nothing:

H.R.1745

Title: To amend the Social Security Act to enhance Social Security account number privacy protections, to prevent fraudulent misuse of the Social Security account number, and to otherwise enhance protection against identity theft, and for other purposes.

Sponsor: Rep Shaw, E. Clay, Jr. [FL-22] (introduced 4/20/2005) Cosponsors (44)

Latest Major Action: 5/19/2005 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit.

squsquard20060929_-8_HJ%20is.png

dev216brs__.png

In accordance with Georgia law, "The Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act," I am required to display the following in any and all languages that I may give immigration related advise:

'I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.'

"NO SOY ABOGADO LICENCIADO PRACTICAR LEY Y NO PUEDO DOY ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO O ACEPTO LOS HONORARIOS PARA El ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO."

hillarymug-tn.jpghillarypin-rwbt.jpgballoons-tn.jpg

So illegal aliens are stealing Social Security numbers?

Why can't they just apply legally like the rest of us?? We're suffering too aren't we but for a good cause and not harming other people.. Some ppl are just looking for an easy way out! DEPORT THEM ALREADY!! :angry::angry::angry:

You're being sarcastic, right? Please tell me you're being sarcastic. "Why can't they just apply legally like the rest of us?" I hear people say that all the time. I would have thought people who've been jumping through immigration hoops to meet a zillion requirements would know by now why so many people "can't just apply legally."

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

Filed: Timeline
Why can't they just apply legally like the rest of us?? We're suffering too aren't we but for a good cause and not harming other people.. Some ppl are just looking for an easy way out! DEPORT THEM ALREADY!! :angry::angry::angry:
You're being sarcastic, right? Please tell me you're being sarcastic. "Why can't they just apply legally like the rest of us?" I hear people say that all the time. I would have thought people who've been jumping through immigration hoops to meet a zillion requirements would know by now why so many people "can't just apply legally."

You're being quite sarcastic yourself, I trust. Please tell me you're being sarcastic. So, the fact that there is no legal route for many entitles those folks to just piss on our laws? Wonderful! :wacko:

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Oh right. if I really need some money and there are NO other options available to me, I can just go rob a store/bank then! Hey! cool! M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

You're being quite sarcastic yourself, I trust. Please tell me you're being sarcastic. So, the fact that there is no legal route for many entitles those folks to just piss on our laws? Wonderful! :wacko:

we decided to do it legally because we were bored :)

yes im being sarcastic :D

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Did I say that? I just said that it was utterly idiotic to ask "Why can't they just apply legally?" There are a bajillion reasons why someone may not be able to apply legally, and anyone who's been around the immigration process for more than five minutes ought to know that. So either the poster who asked why people can't apply legally is a complete idiot, or she's being sarcastic. And I do hear people ask that all the time. "Why don't they just come here the legal way?" You F###ING IDIOTS, THERE IS NO LEGAL WAY!!!!

Now, does that make entering illegally correct? No. But ... well, it's like saying "Why didn't that person who committed a bank robbery just get a job that paid a lot of money, then he wouldn't need to rob a bank?" Well for Pete's sakes, if he could have, he would have. Asking such questions is idiotic and wasteful. There are a ton of questions that would be more useful, among them being "Why do so many people want to come here? What can be done to encourage them not to? What can be done to make it easier for them to do so if they qualify? What can be done to deter them from coming here illegally?"

I've said this before, though: I have to assume that most people here know nothing about illegal immigration. Contemplate this for a minute: how desperate would you have to be, before you'd be willing to live in a country where you couldn't speak the language, people hated you on sight, spat on you, threw things at you, swore at you, you could barely earn enough to live on, lived six people to a one-bedroom apartment and walked everywhere because you couldn't even afford a bus, you lived in constant fear of being arrested, were abused by your landlord or employer or spouse and were too afraid to complain and that was better than what you left behind?

we decided to do it legally because we were bored :)

yes im being sarcastic :D

Actually, I trust, you did it the legal way because you could.

Edited by sparkofcreation

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

Timeline

"Why don't they just come here the legal way?" You F###ING IDIOTS, THERE IS NO LEGAL WAY!!!! "

then my question is, why the heck am i waiting so long for so my fiance can get here legally.

There is a legal way, the people who do it illegally either think they are too good to do it legally, or too lazy to go through the process. With that, after your enormously immature comment im going to sleep, this is just not worth another valium.

and name calling is for elementary school kids, that wasnt very mature at all.

Actually i did it the legal way because i HAD to, if i want to see my fiance forever, and not worry about him ever getting caught and deported. I love my fiance and my children enough to do it legally and go through the painful wait.

Edited by Ionescu

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Timeline

Ok..one..so you think it's ok if they robbed the bank just because they didn't get that high paying job?? If so, cool. I'll do it tomorrow, cause I'm really broke right now.

Second, You F'ing idiots?? classy. Very much so. M.

ManU2.jpg

"Why don't they just come here the legal way?" You F###ING IDIOTS, THERE IS NO LEGAL WAY!!!! "

then my question is, why the heck am i waiting so long for so my fiance can get here legally.

There is a legal way, the people who do it illegally either think they are too good to do it legally, or too lazy to go through the process. With that, after your enormously immature comment im going to sleep, this is just not worth another valium.

Actually i did it the legal way because i HAD to, if i want to see my fiance forever, and not worry about him ever getting caught and deported. I love my fiance and my children enough to do it legally and go through the painful wait.

You were able to do it the legal way because there was a legal way for you.

Since you seem to think there is a legal way for everyone: tell me, please, how an unskilled laborer with a 3rd grade education, earning approximately $100/month, no Internet access, no telephone, no access to a lawyer, but is not from a country that qualifies for TPS or asylum, can *legally* come into the US? Or do you only mean that everyone who "deserves" to come here has a legal way available to them?

The "f***ing idiots" bit, if you read my comment, was directed at the random people I meet every day who say that "anyone can get here legally." Heck, there are people on this board who can't even get here legally (or get their spouses here legally). And they, apparently, are lucky enough to have US citizen spouses. Which most of the world does not have.

Ok..one..so you think it's ok if they robbed the bank just because they didn't get that high paying job?? If so, cool. I'll do it tomorrow, cause I'm really broke right now.

Second, You F'ing idiots?? classy. Very much so. M.

No. But if you robbed a bank, it wouldn't be useful to say "Why didn't you just get a high-paying job?" Because obviously, if you could have, you would have. It would be useful to say "What made you rob the bank?" It would be useful to ask "Why that bank? Why at that time of day? Where did you get the weapon? How can we improve the bank's security system?"

But to say "Why didn't you have a high-paying job?" does not solve the issue of banks being robbed. And saying "Why don't they come here legally?" does not solve the problem of illegal immigration.

As I've said twice now, I wasn't addressing the "f***ing idiots" at the people on this board, but to the people I meet IRL who keep saying "Why don't they just come here legally?" as if merely asking a question with such an obvious answer is going to solve such an enormous problem. But since no one seems to be able to read, I'm tempted to start including them as well.

Timeline

I sincerely apologize for misunderstanding the f'ing idiots remark then. I see now what you were meaning.

However, we still disagree on the issue of illegal immigration. My entire point was...if there IS NO legal way for them to come...then they should NOT come..jsut like if I don't have any legal way to get/earn money in the time frame I need it..it doesn't mean I should then rob the bank. All I'm saying. It's unfortunate, but such are the facts of life. :( M.

PS..trying hard to be civil and ignore the last line of your post.

Edited by MichelleandCraig

ManU2.jpg

Timeline

You were able to do it the legal way because there was a legal way for you.

Since you seem to think there is a legal way for everyone: tell me, please, how an unskilled laborer with a 3rd grade education, earning approximately $100/month, no Internet access, no telephone, no access to a lawyer, but is not from a country that qualifies for TPS or asylum, can *legally* come into the US? Or do you only mean that everyone who "deserves" to come here has a legal way available to them?

The "f***ing idiots" bit, if you read my comment, was directed at the random people I meet every day who say that "anyone can get here legally." Heck, there are people on this board who can't even get here legally (or get their spouses here legally). And they, apparently, are lucky enough to have US citizen spouses. Which most of the world does not have.

It is certainly not this countrys fault that someone else in this world only has a 3rd grade education, and cant make decent money. Im sick of everyone blaming the US on everyone elses problems. why should we have to take care of everyone?? If you paid more attention to THIS country, youd realise we have our own problems and cant fix EVERYONE elses problems. hence the fact they have their own governements, and if they are no good, AGAIN NOT THE USA'S FAULT. So why is it always us who are blamed when someone is not as well off as the rest of us.

why dont we take care of OUR homeless before we take care of other ppl who chose to come here ILLEGALLY. The homeless are more legal then them, and they get ####### from our country.

so before you start calling ppl "fking idiots" )and i do believe if you dont specify who your saying it to, it is reverted back to us, since some of us have said "why dont they just come here legally") think about the millions of ppl doing it legally before you tell us there is NO legal way!....i just realised, this argument with you, is so not worth my time and effort, dunno why i even responded, guess outta being bored at the

moment. :)

"But since no one seems to be able to read, I'm tempted to start including them as well."

Please include me, because until you start to make sence, then ill be the "fking idiot!!"

"

Edited by Ionescu

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

I sincerely apologize for misunderstanding the f'ing idiots remark then. I see now what you were meaning.

However, we still disagree on the issue of illegal immigration. My entire point was...if there IS NO legal way for them to come...then they should NOT come..jsut like if I don't have any legal way to get/earn money in the time frame I need it..it doesn't mean I should then rob the bank. All I'm saying. It's unfortunate, but such are the facts of life. :( M.

Oh, of course they shouldn't come. No argument on that point. But merely asking "Why don't they come legally?" is missing the point. They don't come legally because there's no legal way to come, and their life is so awful that it's better to be here and live illegally than to be in their home countries. But no one seems to be interested in answering the questions that might actually start to solve the problem.

For example: I read a fascinating article awhile back in a border-town newspaper about an American woman who often had illegal immigrants passing out in her yard. (And some people are arguing for a law that would make it a crime to take them to the hospital, but that's not the point.) She started a letter-writing campaign to Mexican newspapers, detailing what awful conditions kids are coming into here (because most of them were the age of her own kids) and asking Mexican mothers to encourage their kids to stay in Mexico and fight for better conditions there. Because they think it's "easier" to come to the US than to fight the poverty and violence and corruption in Mexico. But of course, it's not really easier at all.

In any case, *that's* what I mean about asking questions that are useful. Trying to find a way to make Mexicans stay in Mexico is useful. Asking why they don't come to the US legally is not.

It is certainly not this countrys fault that someone else in this world only has a 3rd grade education, and cant make decent money. Im sick of everyone blaming the US on everyone elses problems. why should we have to take care of everyone?? If you paid more attention to THIS country, youd realise we have our own problems and cant fix EVERYONE elses problems. hence the fact they have their own governements, and if they are no good, AGAIN NOT THE USA'S FAULT. So why is it always us who are blamed when someone is not as well off as the rest of us.

why dont we take care of OUR homeless before we take care of other ppl who chose to come here ILLEGALLY. The homeless are more legal then them, and they get ####### from our country.

so before you start calling ppl "fking idiots" )and i do believe if you dont specify who your saying it to, it is reverted back to us, since some of us have said "why dont they just come here legally") think about the millions of ppl doing it legally before you tell us there is NO legal way!....i just realised, this argument with you, is so not worth my time and effort, dunno why i even responded, guess outta being bored at the

"But since no one seems to be able to read, I'm tempted to start including them as well."

Please include me, because until you start to make sence, then ill be the "fking idiot!!"

"

Something about a statue in a harbor somewhere, with a poem, I believe? "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses learning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores: send these, your homeless tempest-tossed, to me: I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" Sound familiar?

Timeline

Oh, of course they shouldn't come. No argument on that point. But merely asking "Why don't they come legally?" is missing the point. They don't come legally because there's no legal way to come, and their life is so awful that it's better to be here and live illegally than to be in their home countries. But no one seems to be interested in answering the questions that might actually start to solve the problem.

For example: I read a fascinating article awhile back in a border-town newspaper about an American woman who often had illegal immigrants passing out in her yard. (And some people are arguing for a law that would make it a crime to take them to the hospital, but that's not the point.) She started a letter-writing campaign to Mexican newspapers, detailing what awful conditions kids are coming into here (because most of them were the age of her own kids) and asking Mexican mothers to encourage their kids to stay in Mexico and fight for better conditions there. Because they think it's "easier" to come to the US than to fight the poverty and violence and corruption in Mexico. But of course, it's not really easier at all.

In any case, *that's* what I mean about asking questions that are useful. Trying to find a way to make Mexicans stay in Mexico is useful. Asking why they don't come to the US legally is not.

"

Something about a statue in a harbor somewhere, with a poem, I believe? "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses learning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores: send these, your homeless tempest-tossed, to me: I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" Sound familiar?

THAT dont give them the right to come here illegally!!! simple as that!

Goodnight

vj2.jpgvj.jpg