Sinergy

Our kids SS numbers

143 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

some here are scared to openly agree with me , tara because they don't want to reveal their personal beliefs ... a fact i'm sure that you easily picked up from your time on this forum. athiests are the minority here ... hence your astute observation of people not being scared to agree with dixie! :thumbs:

I ain't skeered. lol

I am pagan.

Sian is Athiest.

Actually, I'm more of a Pagan Agnostic. lol I don't believe in much unless I can see, hear, smell, taste, or touch it. I tend toward pagan beliefs, though.

As for the bible..... that isn't how it works. Others don't have to prove that it is a work of fiction, believers have to prove that it is true. That's how proofs work.

Religion, to me, is a very silly thing to argue about. NO ONE knows the truth, nor will anyone know until they are dead. Maybe. They may just be dead, thereby precluding any knowledge at all. That's the important thing that everyone needs to remember. Religion is a belief. Not a fact. Not a truth. A person believes their faith to be true, but that is all they can do.....believe.

If anyone is interested in what I believe, you can read about it here: http://www.pagan.us/ep/

You can express disbelief all you want, it won't bother me. It's just a belief, after all.

(I'm Cian - obviously, and Sian is "Magenta", if you wander over to the message board)

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

lol the funniest thing.. is that the so called christians want to kick out illegals without caring if the legal kid or 'anchor baby' is gonna stay here and the folks go back to Meheeco.. I'm not saying that Haysoos would condone illegal immigration.. but i'd think as I've heard preachers (my MIL is a methodist pastor) that being compassionate towards them would be the Christian thing to do..

I'm not a big religious person.. but if I were, I wouldn't be saying 'Kick them illegal mexicans out of the country' and at the same time preach the Bible and 'ohh I believe in Jesus our Savior' etc etc.. it's kinda contradictory.. isn't it?

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Here's my thoughts on the subject of relation illegal immigration to Christianity. First I agree with a lot of what Spark has posted. It is true, that for the vast majority of individuals who come here illegally, there is no Visa option available HOWEVER that does not make it "ok." The reason illegal aliens don't piss me off as much as say, child rapists...is because of what I have always said...intent. A man who crosses over illegally intends to make money to feed his family, not to hurt anyone. Again, I'm NOT saying that makes it ok, I'm just saying it's DIFFERENT. So please bear with me here...

Now, we as Christians, can answer this question...what is the greatest command...

LOVE one another, for love is of God, he who loves is born of God and knows God, he who does not love, does not know God, for God is love, God is love.

Now is the voice of love one who says "deport them all," essentially wishing harm on other individuals and the families who will go weeks without knowing where they are; or is the voice of love one who says "that's THEIR problem"? Didn't Christ spend His life trying to teach us this? "What you have done for the least of these, you have done for me." Like it or not, this country has put itself in a position to be all about everyone else's business. It is not, therefore, the correct OR right thing to do to ignore the issues that are causing people to come over in the thousands and to say that's their problem.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Timeline

PWNED

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

I've said this before, though: I have to assume that most people here know nothing about illegal immigration.

You know what they say when people start to assume...

Not being in favor of illegal aliens (again, they are not immigrants as they have not been accorded that status) does not equate to not knowing anything about the issue of illegal entry and/or presence. Sob stories are always catchy. They're also useless as for every sob story of an illegal alien, there's a sob story of an American or legal resident whose life was very negatively impacted by one of the former.

Timeline

sniff.. yea! they took my job when I wanted to apply for a burrito maker in taco bell!!

sniffles..

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

sniff.. yea! they took my job when I wanted to apply for a burrito maker in taco bell!!

sniffles..

:rolleyes:

That's not what I was talking about, pedroh. It's the retiree that cannot collect retirement benefits because the SSA still has the person working under that SSN. On the other coast. The young couple that cannot buy the house for their family for their credit has been wrecked by someone else that has stolen their SSN for their own benefit w/o any regard for how that may impact the other person. But I guess until one of those things hit really close to home, many just won't care.

Edited by ET-US2004

sniffles..

That's not what I was talking about, pedroh. It's the retiree that cannot collect retirement benefits because the SSA still has the person working under that SSN. On the other coast. The young couple that cannot buy the house for their family for their credit has been wrecked by someone else that has stolen their SSN for their own benefit w/o any regard for how that may impact the other person. But I guess until one of those things hit really close to home, many just won't care.

That would be why we have laws to protect victims of identity theft, wouldn't it? Heck, if my Social Security number is ever stolen (which is really common around here), then my bank, my rental insurance company, and my job's EAP would *all* take on the task of straightening it out. Or at least, all of them advertise how good their services are at taking care of those things should it ever happen ... and having had my credit report corrected before, it's also not something that's impossible to do on your own. Of course it would be a huge hassle for the person who had to do it, but don't make it sound like the people would be on the street because they would automatically never be able to get their retirement benefits or buy a house. That's simply not true.

And it's not like American citizens don't steal people's identities all the time.

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

Timeline

Spark, I agree with so much of what you say. Like me, you don't support illegal immigration but don't feel the need to use it as a scapegoat for all problems and frustrations of the world.

I understand why a lot of people on here have such a huge problem with illegals in PARTICULAR. They mistakenly believe that the process they are currently suffering through has somehow been skipped by illegal aliens, and that they reach the finish line first. What they're not taking into account, is that illegal aliens very rarely ever reach that finish line of actual legal status in the US, and if they do, it's the hard-knocks route, not the sit and wait route. Again, I'm NOT saying it's ok, it's, once again, DIFFERENT. You can't compare what the illegal faces once they cross over to the US to what your spouse experiences upon arrival in the US.

-Oscar the Grouch

sniffles..

That would be why we have laws to protect victims of identity theft, wouldn't it? Heck, if my Social Security number is ever stolen (which is really common around here), then my bank, my rental insurance company, and my job's EAP would *all* take on the task of straightening it out. Or at least, all of them advertise how good their services are at taking care of those things should it ever happen ... and having had my credit report corrected before, it's also not something that's impossible to do on your own. Of course it would be a huge hassle for the person who had to do it, but don't make it sound like the people would be on the street because they would automatically never be able to get their retirement benefits or buy a house. That's simply not true.

And it's not like American citizens don't steal people's identities all the time.

Laws? We were talking about folks that illegally entered the US and/or maintain an illegal presence. We were talking about those that take up employment against the law. Those stepping on these laws are also willing to step on any other laws that don't accomodate whatever it is that they are seeking. Driver's licenses to operate a motor vehicle? Who needs them? Mandated car insurance? What the ** does a mandate mean to them anyway? You may not have a problem with that and continue to be one of the apolgists for those that piss on our laws. I, however, do have a problem with those and won't be part of the aplogist crowd.

And if you think that everyone will pitch in to help you regain your identity once it has been compromised, I say to you: Dream on! It takes people years to get this kind of ####### straigthened out. And the cost can easily reach the tens of thousands of dollars. Think your bank is going to pick up that tab? :lol:

And when your retirement benefits are delayed a few months or when you can't close on that house you really wanted (and worked very hard for) because you must regain your own identity and clear your credit first, then you come back here and tell us how it isn't all that bad. How your setback is a really small price to pay for the greater good. When it hits close to YOUR home, once you actually walk your talk, then I'll take that apologist line of argument seriously. ;)

Timeline

I know theft ID exists.. but.. is not that people can't stop it.. I mean.. once your ID is stolen.. there are a lot of things u can do.. for one i know my bank and AMEX would start cleaning the mess for me lol.. and people can check their stuff with credit reports.. so is not as there's nothing u can do.. although true, that's not an excuse to condone theft id.. but I think Americans do it as much as Illegals.. I see it all the time..folks who use their 17 year old SS# to get phones, because their credit is all messed up cuz they owe 500 bucks to the same cell phone company lol

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

I understand why a lot of people on here have such a huge problem with illegals in PARTICULAR. They mistakenly believe that the process they are currently suffering through has somehow been skipped by illegal aliens, and that they reach the finish line first.

The immigration of my wife has nothing to do with the illegal aliens in this country. Those are two completely unrelated issues. I have never blamed any of the ####### that we went through in terms of immigrating my wife on the crowd of illegal aliens in this country. Not once. Nor would I ever.

I have a huge problem with illegal aliens for no other reason than them not only showing a total disrespect for my country in general and our laws in particular but them sitting there demanding their fcuking "right" to piss on the laws of my country. That's really taking the cake. And I say that anyone demanding the right to piss on the laws of this country of mine ought to get busy packing and head the hell on outta here. :angry:

Timeline
I understand why a lot of people on here have such a huge problem with illegals in PARTICULAR. They mistakenly believe that the process they are currently suffering through has somehow been skipped by illegal aliens, and that they reach the finish line first.

The immigration of my wife has nothing to do with the illegal aliens in this country. Those are two completely unrelated issues. I have never blamed any of the ####### that we went through in terms of immigrating my wife on the crowd of illegal aliens in this country. Not once. Nor would I ever.

I have a huge problem with illegal aliens for no other reason than them not only showing a total disrespect for my country in general and our laws in particular but them sitting there demanding their fcuking "right" to piss on the laws of my country. That's really taking the cake. And I say that anyone demanding the right to piss on the laws of this country of mine ought to get busy packing and head the hell on outta here. :angry:

Yes, I know that's what your issues is...however, I think that a lot of people on here (which is what I said) still believe as I have stated, and are bitter about it.

-Oscar the Grouch

I know theft ID exists.. but.. is not that people can't stop it.. I mean.. once your ID is stolen.. there are a lot of things u can do.. for one i know my bank and AMEX would start cleaning the mess for me lol.. and people can check their stuff with credit reports.. so is not as there's nothing u can do.. although true, that's not an excuse to condone theft id.. but I think Americans do it as much as Illegals.. I see it all the time..folks who use their 17 year old SS# to get phones, because their credit is all messed up cuz they owe 500 bucks to the same cell phone company lol

I am not saying that it is only illegals that steal indentities. But the millions of illegals here arguably make the problem worse, no?

Yes, I know that's what your issues is...however, I think that a lot of people on here (which is what I said) still believe as I have stated, and are bitter about it.

True. Many here have left the impression that they believe that the illegal aliens have some sort of a negative impact on their SO's legal immigration proceedings. And I'd tell them that that's a silly thing to think.

Timeline

pwned

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute