Sinergy

Our kids SS numbers

143 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I agree with ET, i am so not bitter with illegal immigrants because my case took so long to process. atleast i know my fiance will never live in fear, and will be proud of his status and citizenship in this country.

Now, can we get back to Pedroh's 3 thingies? :D

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I agree with ET, i am so not bitter with illegal immigrants because my case took so long to process. atleast i know my fiance will never live in fear, and will be proud of his status and citizenship in this country.

Sure - but most of us can attest to having difficulties (as legal immigrants) getting a decent job over here. Indirectly, I think illegal immigration does damage us - "immigrant" has a negative social stigma attached to it in the minds of a lot of people.

Timeline

Sure - but most of us can attest to having difficulties (as legal immigrants) getting a decent job over here. Indirectly, I think illegal immigration does damage us - "immigrant" has a negative social stigma attached to it in the minds of a lot of people.

I dont know your situation, you could be right. But I have many Romanian friends here, who are immigrants, recently moved here, and they had no probs getting a job a good paying job. Again im not saying your wrong, just that what ive witnessed is different. As with my fiance, he has a job waiting for him for when he arrives, pays better than even what im making now (yaaay i get to stay home and take care of the kiddies hehe).

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Timeline

Have you found that having a British accent has been to your advantage at all in your job search? I see the way many Americans swoon over British/Irish accents and just wondered if there's any way for you to milk that.

I dont know your situation, you could be right. But I have many Romanian friends here, who are immigrants, recently moved here, and they had no probs getting a job a good paying job.

Depends on the skills. In some fields, employers can't afford to be picky.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Indirectly, I think illegal immigration does damage us - "immigrant" has a negative social stigma attached to it in the minds of a lot of people.

Yes, thanks to the enablers, supporters and profiteers of those entering, working and residing illegally in the US and their countless efforts to blur the lines between bona fide immigrants and illegal aliens, there is a negative stigma attached to immigrants.

Have you found that having a British accent has been to your advantage at all in your job search? I see the way many Americans swoon over British/Irish accents and just wondered if there's any way for you to milk that.

Depends what you want to do. G. finds employment agencies beg him to work at call centers or as a receptionist. Unfortunately, that's not what he wants to work as.

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

do you think that the first gay person appeared within the last 50 years?? there IS a gay community and there IS a history to it.

being gay is a scientific fact .... the bible is fiction (wishful thinking that they would teach it as such). there is no delineation.

I agree with you 100%

Paul and I met on the Bazaar on the 14th January (he joined my progressive rock forum that day)

July 3rd he flew to England to meet me

We fell in love while he drove all over the place coz I cannot read maps (we were supposed to go to Ingleton - but touched Darlington 4 times, Pierce Bridge 6 times, Scotch Corner twice and Bernard Castle twice and we never did make it to Ingleton)

It has been so long and so much has happened in between...

Arrived in Houston on October 29th 2006

Married 17th November 2006

Lost my father 8th January 2007 (all dates are a blur after this)

Conditional Green Card dated 24th October 2007

I-751 posted on 6th August 2009

Received on 7th August 2009 in VT

Melo's Prog Bazaar

CTTE

Depends what you want to do. G. finds employment agencies beg him to work at call centers or as a receptionist. Unfortunately, that's not what he wants to work as.

Interesting.

Timeline

I dont know your situation, you could be right. But I have many Romanian friends here, who are immigrants, recently moved here, and they had no probs getting a job a good paying job.

Depends on the skills. In some fields, employers can't afford to be picky.

True true. My Edy is a pro mountain climber, and he builds houses, his ability to climb without fear and build stuff quick and sufficiantly landed him the job he has when he gets here. (tree topper and construction)

I however, found BETTER employment in Romania in my field of computers, which is what i graduated college in.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I dont know your situation, you could be right. But I have many Romanian friends here, who are immigrants, recently moved here, and they had no probs getting a job a good paying job. Again im not saying your wrong, just that what ive witnessed is different. As with my fiance, he has a job waiting for him for when he arrives, pays better than even what im making now (yaaay i get to stay home and take care of the kiddies hehe).

All I can say is removing any mention of immigration from my resume resulted in a lot more offers of interviews..

... removing any mention of immigration from my resume resulted in a lot more offers of interviews..

In what context did you even mention immigration on a resume? I have helped quite a few LPR friends make their resume and besides the listing of foreign job experience (which in and of itself is quite common in this region) there's no real need to mention immigration status on a resume.

... removing any mention of immigration from my resume resulted in a lot more offers of interviews..
In what context did you even mention immigration on a resume?

Having graduated from a university overseas may hint at the fact that one is an immigrant. ;)

Studying and/or working abroad doesn't necessarily mean the applicant isn't an American citizen. In any event, my question for FD was more along the lines of whether or not he had a section on immigration status.