thecat

maybe stupid question

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
It may be a stupid question for most of you but i am just curious, if the US fiance is in prison, does he have the right to submit K1 petition, if he finds a co-sponsor of course?

Uhm....I can't see that happening....nope...can't see that one happening at all. Sowwy.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

It may be a stupid question for most of you but i am just curious, if the US fiance is in prison, does he have the right to submit K1 petition, if he finds a co-sponsor of course?

How you going to have met if the man of your dreams is in the grey bar hotel?

You could have met him before he went in the "grey bar hotel" or while you are on holiday in USA and visit him there. I dont even want to think about this, but they are people in prison who also fall in love, am I not right? I was just curious.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

You could have met him before he went in the "grey bar hotel" or while you are on holiday in USA and visit him there. I dont even want to think about this, but they are people in prison who also fall in love, am I not right? I was just curious.

Even if they do technically allow prisoners to bring a fiancee to the US to get married, the USC would still have to prove that he/she can support their spouse, which may be difficult to do in jail, even with a co-sponsor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I hope you met this person BEFORE he was in prison, if not, how can you want to marry someone who is in prison? he cant support you, he cant do anything for you.

this seems odd to me :blink:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Timeline

You have to have met within the last two years of the petition filing, so it would have to have been right before he went it.

OK how does he get the photo for the I-129F? Plus I could see the immigration officer looking at the petition, current address Cell 5006. LOL

Timeline

I would think its not possible for inmates to file for a ANY immigration petition. I mean, thats just odd. Arent certain rights taken when you become a prisoner???

And youd indeed have to prove he can take care of you, and he clearly cant. prisoners make (last time i was a prison guard) $1.15 an hour when they DO work, if they are good boys and girls. that only takes care of half their needs while in prison.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

please people... no flaming:(

I know people who have taken their passport photos with their own cameras... and printed them out.. someone could do that for the USC...

However I am pretty sure that denials based on the USC's past are very slim, unless the USC is not available or ineligible to marry, or if that person is bringing in a female under IMRA and has been previously convicted of spousal abuse.

I dont see it as being impossible, however, I do feel that the case would be extremely scrutinized at the consulate during the interview, if it gets that far.

And yes I'd imagine if someone is in prison, they are not working, so they would need a solid co-sponsor.

Hope this helps.

you being played for a chump,.inmates have nothing but time to plot and manipulate...worked in corrections in therapy for over 5 years...

here a book for you to read. inside the criminal mind...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Not just ´cus the USC would be in prison, but being a prisioner, wouldn´t USCIS assume the foreign fiance just wanted a green card? :o

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline
Not just ´cus the USC would be in prison, but being a prisioner, wouldn´t USCIS assume the foreign fiance just wanted a green card? :o

Good point....

oh and no one is flaming, this is just i dunno, a common sence kind of situation. again she didnt answer if she met him before or after he was imprisoned, that would make a difference

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

Filed: Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Yes the prisoners do lose some of their rights but i believe they do NOT lose the right to be in love and marry. And I would not put LOL in any post related somehow to this topic like one of the members here. THANK GOD i am NOT in this situation, i was simply thinking about all the people applying for K1 and it just came in my mind and i wanted to share my thoughts with you and hear some opinion about it.

And even if his current address is cell 5006, what? Do you really believe that all the people in prison are evil and dont deserve some happiness and we all should laugh at their desire to be happy?

Timeline

No one said that he loses his rights to fall inlove and marry, but he will not be granted an approval if INCARCERATED. Its one thing to have a past and had been in prison at one time or another, its another thing to file while IN prison. 2 reasons, BIG ones #1, no way to support, #2 suspision of marriage fraud.

"And I would not put LOL in any post related somehow to this topic like one of the members here. "

and calm down, if your not in this situation, an LOL shouldnt have caused you to become defensive.

fine it was a simple question, i just called my lawyer and asked him and he said NO, they will not be approved. they can apply, but they can expect a denial.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.