thecat

maybe stupid question

28 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

for someone not in the situation, she sure is taking things to heart :huh:

i didnt realise this was going to be a debate over something titled "maybe a stupid question"

followed by " THANK GOD i am NOT in this situation, i was simply thinking about all the people applying for K1 "

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Yes and not while they are doing time they don't. Let him find a "fiancé" in prison or maybe one will find him. LOL

Ouchies!

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
:yes:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Yes, I usualy take things a lot to heart even if they dont concern me directly. I think a lot and try to put myself in everyone's shoes. That's me, but as i see all the people are different. Anyway, i did not also think i would get so many replies. Thank you, I wanted to share my thoughts and I know that this forum is great for this.

It may be a stupid question for most of you but i am just curious, if the US fiance is in prison, does he have the right to submit K1 petition, if he finds a co-sponsor of course?

It’s not a stupid question I suggest you contact an immigration attorney that would be the best way to get a straight answer on something complicated like this

ticker.png

VSC

received 3/21/06

NOA1 3/22/06

Touched 3/28/06

RFE 6/19/06

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

It may be a stupid question for most of you but i am just curious, if the US fiance is in prison, does he have the right to submit K1 petition, if he finds a co-sponsor of course?

It’s not a stupid question I suggest you contact an immigration attorney that would be the best way to get a straight answer on something complicated like this

yes each case is just as individual as we are !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Do you really believe that all the people in prison are evil and dont deserve some happiness and we all should laugh at their desire to be happy?

Yes and not while they are doing time they don't. Let him find a "fiancé" in prison or maybe one will find him. LOL

:o

:whistle:

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

regardless of whether its a stupid question, or the legality of it....how are you going to get married within 90 days??? Are prison weddings allowed????

April 14 - sent I-129F to Vermont

April 25 - NOA1

May, June, July lost to IMBRA and RFE's

Aug 22 - NOA2

Sept 25 - interview date OCTOBER 13th

Oct 26 - arrived at JFK - work authorized

Nov 21 - apply SSN, received Nov 29

Dec 16 - marriage license

Jan 05 - wedding

Jan 30 - AOS begins

AOS

Feb 07 - NOA1 ,check cashed

Feb 28 - notice I-485 sent to CSC

Mar 10 - Biometrics

Apr 16 - surprise RFE arrives..they lost my medical. New medical returned, Apr 23

Jun 1st - RFE ..more medical BS ( go back for TB skin test)

Jun 28 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

July 06- Green card arrives.

LIFTING CONDITIONS 2009

June 12 - mailed package

June 15 - check cashed

June 19 - NOA extension letter ( card expires June 26th)

July 03 - Biometrics notice

July 14 - Biometrics appointment

OCT 29 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

thecat,

The last time i saw you post was about your fiance's drinking problem, dwi, and the fact he illegaly left the country to meet you in Mexico. What happened that he is now in jail?

There is nothing you can do now except wait. However, if he get's an RFE, how will he know it? Will someone take him his mail to the jail?

I really worry about this whole situation. I realize you say you love him... but you need to open your eyes and think with your brain, not just your heart.

Good luck!

Robert

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Filed: Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Oh, I am sorry, that i got really misunderstood here but yes, he left USA while on a probation and his PO is aware of this and he is still free, at least i think so, bacause just a few min ago i was with him on the phone :D but anyway, yes i think there could be someone to bring the prisoner's mail to the prison, for example their mothers, fathers, other member of the family or a friend. And I very much hope we will not get RFE because he already included his criminal record with the petition. It was a special form that you have to fill with all past convictions and court charges and submit with the petition. And it is good that we have an attorney because we would not have known about this law and this form at all. And about my previous post, my question was how the fact that he crossed the border while on a probation could affect my visa, not his freedom.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.