one...two...tree

Obama The Preferred Candidate Around The World: Poll

61 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
The only one that matters is the one listed first, the USA. Who cares who the rest of the world wants us to vote for?

Its just context Gary. Noone's saying it should or will affect anyone's voting decision.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
The only one that matters is the one listed first, the USA. Who cares who the rest of the world wants us to vote for?

Then I don't want to hear you talk about how "the terrorists" endorse Obama. Because, you know, who cares?

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Who cares? The only "poll" that matters is the one on election day when registered American voters cast their ballots.

In 2000 we learned that that poll didn't matter, either: its all in the Electoral College (or maybe the Supreme Court).

Edited by novotul

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Its just context Gary. Noone's saying it should or will affect anyone's voting decision.

Well since liberals are so weak-willed it is no secret they receive voting instructions from as far away as Mongolia.

Did you hear about the Mongolian Al Qaeda plot to register liberals as Republicans?

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Then I don't want to hear you talk about how "the terrorists" endorse Obama. Because, you know, who cares?

Then tell the same to Steven.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

pwned.jpg

:thumbs::rofl: Cassie RAWKS!

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

All this is, is an interesting perspective on how the ROW views the prospective presidential candidates. Clearly, it has no actual effect on the presidency, but this 'I don't care what the rest of the world thinks' attitude by some folks comes as no surprise.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

All he did was post the article Gary - he didn't comment on it being a reason that someone should cast their vote either way.

If we're back to that shoddy idea of "fair and balanced" it might be noted that the OP article isn't offering a partisan point of view.

Edited by Number 6

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
All this is, is an interesting perspective on how the ROW views the prospective presidential candidates. Clearly, it has no actual effect on the presidency, but this 'I don't care what the rest of the world thinks' attitude by some folks comes as no surprise.

Well said, PH. What it says is that the Bush Administration's Foreign Policy has had a souring effect on the rest of the world - and that is something we should care about.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

nope...

U.S.A.! U.S.A.! U.S.A.!

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

All he did was post the article Gary - he didn't comment on it being a reason that someone should cast their vote either way.

If we're back to that shoddy idea of "fair and balanced" it might be noted that the OP article isn't offering a partisan point of view.

Come on now. It's from the Huffingtonpost. It's partisan to the nth degree. It's meant to sway our opinion because we want the rest of the world to "like" us.

Timeline

Come on now. It's from the Huffingtonpost. It's partisan to the nth degree. It's meant to sway our opinion because we want the rest of the world to "like" us.

I was addressing the article itself, not the publication in general. Whether or not an organisation is perceived to be biased - it doesn't mean that they can't write "good" articles. Which is really why when talking about media bias in relation to specific examples, it pays to look specifically at the examples - rather than general assumptions about what the publication "should" be writing.

There's nothing in that article that is emotionally loaded or biased - its written in a neutral fashion limited to the results of the Pew survey.

Edited by Number 6

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

No, it only shows that the rest of the world is out of touch with America, the greatest nation in the world! :devil:

I would have thought it obvious that this illustrates, at least to some degree, that the Republican party is somewhat out of touch with the rest of the world. Who knows... perhaps its fallout from "The Bush Effect".