eric&gen

California court denies request to stay gay marriage ruling

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Marriage is for straight biological man and woman

Civil partnership is for gays

End of discusssion. :star:

Thanks for confirming what I said. For all intents and purposes the difference is purely semantic. Heterosexual couples and gay couples will enjoy identical legal rights. The only difference is that you want the gay version to be called something else.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
This is BS, and sick. They will burn in hell for this. Marriage is only for a biologically born man and woman! Next thing you know the queers and lesbians will be wanting to marry animals, or trees or rocks or some other sick disgusting object. What a joke this is. :devil:

in india they marry hills :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Here is a good list of movies for same sex marriage couples.

Bare back mountain

shaving private Ryan

rump ranger

dude where is my dude

three men and a man

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
Not in the USA, they can do whatever they want in other countries, but this is USA not going to happen, they better enjoy it in California for the good people there will vote in another new law to change it once again, it was the will of the people the first time and once again some liberal judge became activist and has tried to legislate from the bench. Something that makes me wonder, is why anyone on here would be in favor of gay marriage when they would have to have married another person from opposite sex to come to the USA on visa. Interesting.

If they want a civil union or partnership fine, call it that, but it is not nor shall it ever be considered a marriage. :whistle:

Perhaps you should avoid living in California then, so you won't be offended by all the gay married couples. That's a solution. Avoid Canada too - cause its been legal for a while now - in all our Provinces.

And Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, South Africa and Norway (in 2009) for same-sex marriage.

Civil unions and registered partnerships are recognized in: Andorra, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, and Uruguay. And in 2009 Hungary.

That doesn't count the number of countries that recognize the legality of such partnerships/unions/marriages from other places.

Except that if a gay couple is married in California they can go to Massachusetts and their partnership will be recognized.

They can also go to any of the states in the US that have registered domestic partnerships which grant rights to gay couples, register their marriage/partnership/whateveryouwanttocallit and be recognized.

So yes, the US is slowly getting on board with recognizing gay rights and moving away from being so Puritanical.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

This is BS, and sick. They will burn in hell for this. Marriage is only for a biologically born man and woman! Next thing you know the queers and lesbians will be wanting to marry animals, or trees or rocks or some other sick disgusting object. What a joke this is. :devil:

:P:D SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - The California Supreme Court won't delay implementation of its ruling allowing same-sex marriages.

Utah and nine other states had asked the court to stay the decision until after the November election, when California voters will decide on a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage.

Wednesday's court decision means same-sex couples in California can get married starting June 17.

Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff, on behalf of nine other attorneys general, had asked the court for the stay, saying the states could face "premature, unnecessary" lawsuits.

Recognition of same-sex marriage is prohibited by Utah's constitution but the state could face a federal challenge if it decides not to recognize marriages from California.

Information from: Deseret News, http://www.deseretnews.com

I agree :thumbs:

Edited by eric&gen

Citizenship

Event Date

Citizenship Interview

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

:P:D SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - The California Supreme Court won't delay implementation of its ruling allowing same-sex marriages.

Utah and nine other states had asked the court to stay the decision until after the November election, when California voters will decide on a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage.

Wednesday's court decision means same-sex couples in California can get married starting June 17.

Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff, on behalf of nine other attorneys general, had asked the court for the stay, saying the states could face "premature, unnecessary" lawsuits.

Recognition of same-sex marriage is prohibited by Utah's constitution but the state could face a federal challenge if it decides not to recognize marriages from California.

It still cracks me up that people equate homosexuality with bestiality or.... what do you call it when someone tries to have sexual relations with a ... rock?

:lol:

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

It still cracks me up that people equate homosexuality with bestiality or.... what do you call it when someone tries to have sexual relations with a ... rock?

If you want to marry your own pets go right ahead its none of my business lol. Same sex marriage is just wrong how the poor children will be so confused. They will accept it too when all grown up and the population of the future of humans will crumble.

Citizenship

Event Date

Citizenship Interview

Timeline

Still waiting for someone to explain what the substantive difference is between a same-sex "Civil Union" and "Marriage".

Is this really just an argument about semantics?

If you want to marry your own pets go right ahead its none of my business lol. Same sex marriage is just wrong how the poor children will be so confused. They will accept it too when all grown up and the population of the future of humans will crumble.

Yeah... that statement is just :wacko: really isn't it...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

marriage in india :innocent:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37276

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
Amazing how touchy of an issue this is for some VJers... :whistle:

Or how disingenuous some of the answers are...

I'm still waiting for someone to explain what the substantive difference is between a same-sex "Civil Union" and "Marriage".

Is it really just about semantics?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm still waiting for someone to explain what the substantive difference is between a same-sex "Civil Union" and "Marriage".

If it weren't for religion, I don't think there would be a debate about it at all.

If it weren't for religion, I don't think there would be a debate about it at all.

right on..sister jenn..you are correct...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Quite possibly so. In my opinion, religiosity aside, marriage as an institution is a celebration of a union, and given obvious, unexaggerated lines of reason, can be seen as the ceremonial, legal, and personal recognition of the love between two consenting human beings to last a lifetime.

I am just flabbergasted by the incredible ignorance and bitterness some folks here have, but its not altogether surprising for that matter. As if their relations in the real world were threatened by such factors... or are they??? :lol:

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Timeline

Religion didn't form in a vacuum though, did it? If the major religions are anti-gay, that's probably because anti-gay feeling existed at those times. And if anti-gay feeling existed at those times before the religions as we know them were formalized into the dusty old books we love today, who's to say it wouldn't have still existed today without those books?

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.