eric&gen

California court denies request to stay gay marriage ruling

55 posts in this topic

:P:D SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - The California Supreme Court won't delay implementation of its ruling allowing same-sex marriages.

Utah and nine other states had asked the court to stay the decision until after the November election, when California voters will decide on a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage.

Wednesday's court decision means same-sex couples in California can get married starting June 17.

Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff, on behalf of nine other attorneys general, had asked the court for the stay, saying the states could face "premature, unnecessary" lawsuits.

Recognition of same-sex marriage is prohibited by Utah's constitution but the state could face a federal challenge if it decides not to recognize marriages from California.

Information from: Deseret News, http://www.deseretnews.com

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

This is BS, and sick. They will burn in hell for this. Marriage is only for a biologically born man and woman! Next thing you know the queers and lesbians will be wanting to marry animals, or trees or rocks or some other sick disgusting object. What a joke this is. :devil:

:P:D SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - The California Supreme Court won't delay implementation of its ruling allowing same-sex marriages.

Utah and nine other states had asked the court to stay the decision until after the November election, when California voters will decide on a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage.

Wednesday's court decision means same-sex couples in California can get married starting June 17.

Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff, on behalf of nine other attorneys general, had asked the court for the stay, saying the states could face "premature, unnecessary" lawsuits.

Recognition of same-sex marriage is prohibited by Utah's constitution but the state could face a federal challenge if it decides not to recognize marriages from California.

Information from: Deseret News, http://www.deseretnews.com

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

wow.. what a sad person you are

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
The same could be said of you for supporting this gay marriage nonsense. :whistle:

im sad because im not a judgemental holier-than-thou person who can condemn people because they think different than me?

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Timeline

Marriage is between a biological man and woman no ifs ands or buts to it, plain and simple. :whistle:

The same could be said of you for supporting this gay marriage nonsense. :whistle:

im sad because im not a judgemental holier-than-thou person who can condemn people because they think different than me?

Timeline

They may be people but they are not entitled to a marriage. Curious if there were meant to be only gay people is this world, then how come there are not only women or only men but instead there are two opposite sexes? Simple thought but one a gay marriage supporter can never address or answer. For without true opposite sexes marrying and creating children for the future there would be no more gay people left, for they would all die off and be extinct and unable to procreate! :unsure:

I'm all for it. Gay people are people too.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Marriage is between a biological man and woman no ifs ands or buts to it, plain and simple. :whistle:

That's where you're wrong - the court says that marriage is between two people - which last time I checked held more authority than the bible.

I can never understand why anyone else would care who gets married and who doesn't. It doesn't affect any aspect of anyone else's life.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
They may be people but they are not entitled to a marriage. Curious if there were meant to be only gay people is this world, then how come there are not only women or only men but instead there are two opposite sexes? Simple thought but one a gay marriage supporter can never address or answer. For without true opposite sexes marrying and creating children for the future there would be no more gay people left, for they would all die off and be extinct and unable to procreate! :unsure:

I think no one answers this question because it is so ridiculous. Other than you - I haven't heard anyone else state that the world was only meant to have gay people and gay people's intention through marriage is to take over the world. :blink:

But if you really want an answer: Carrying on with the birth of children (because clearly, having kids is the only reason people get married) would be possible in this day. All the lesbian women would be able to take sperm donations from gay males, carry babies to term, and depending on who was the intending parents raise that child. So I guess having kids and keeping up with a gay world would be possible.

Your question is ridiculous, but thanks for playing.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I dont care who wants to mary who?? There are so many more important things to wory about, if two people with the same genitals want to be together, who cares! There is so much more BS going on in the world right now! last thing I worry about is who wants to mary who!

It is in no ones place to pass judgement, leave it to god.

"let him who is without sin cast the first stone"

And I love that the US is not governed by religeon. I mean, take a look at the other countries that are governed by religeon! The US stands behind freedome and the persuit of happiness, and if a man is happy with a man, whatever- their not hurting me.

Edited by nana_356

I-130 & G325A

09/11/2007 I-130 & G-325A mailed today, to Los angeles, CA

03/16/2008 Received RFE I-130

03/26/2008 RFE for I-130, sent to LA Through USPS Certified mail

03/31/2008 I-130 RFE response letter is received

04/09/2008 I-130 case processing has resumed

04/17/2008 I-130 APPROVED!!!! DATED 04/14/08 YAY!! 7 monthes to approve.

I-485 & EAD

03/13/2008 Sent I-485 & EAD to Chicago Lockbox through USPS Priority Mail

03/16/2008 I-485 & EAD Received by R. MERCEDO USCIS Chicago IL

03/25/2008 Received NOAs for I-485, I-765

03/28/2008 Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

03/29/2008 Biometrics done-Appointment Scheduled 4/05, but I went early.

03/31/2008 Case Status shows up Online

04/03/2008 EAD touched

04/10/2008 RFE for I-485 received today, dated 4/04/08

04/11/2008 Sent RFE to Lee's Summit, MO / USPS priority mail

04/14/2008 USCIS received RFE response; signed by C BORDERS.

04/17/2008 Case processing resumed

04/22/2008 Touched

05/09/2008 Received EAD Approval Notice from CRIS "Card production odered"

05/14/2008 EAD card production ordered, 2nd notice

05/16/2008 EAD Approved & Sent!! (61 days)

05/19/2008 EAD in hand!!!!!

GOD SPEED FOR ALL OF US WITH TRUE INTENTIONS!!

Timeline

You are not answering the question, once again, you fail to address it and try to spin it.

You are making ridiculous statements. If there were only gay couples in this world, there soon would be no one left. For two gays could not possibly give birth. Men cannot give birth. Hello explain that one will you? Oh you say women can get sperm donors from gay mean, well how, for there will be no men left for if you only have gay couples of women then there is no need for men, right. You can try to spin it all you want but there is not excuse for this at all, marriage is between a biological man and woman. And you always get back to the reality that you have to have two opposite sexes in order to create life for human beings, it is not possible nor going to happen with only gay men or gay women. If there was only meant to be gay people in this world, there would not be opposite sexes at all. You can try to explain it away but you cannot. And it does affect other people that are straight and marry as a man and woman and it does offend them, more than you realize. :star:

I think no one answers this question because it is so ridiculous. Other than you - I haven't heard anyone else state that the world was only meant to have gay people and gay people's intention through marriage is to take over the world. :blink:

But if you really want an answer: Carrying on with the birth of children (because clearly, having kids is the only reason people get married) would be possible in this day. All the lesbian women would be able to take sperm donations from gay males, carry babies to term, and depending on who was the intending parents raise that child. So I guess having kids and keeping up with a gay world would be possible.

Your question is ridiculous, but thanks for playing.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

zgt334, do you realize how redicilous you sound!! do you really believe that people that are gay want to take over the world???

Edited by nana_356

I-130 & G325A

09/11/2007 I-130 & G-325A mailed today, to Los angeles, CA

03/16/2008 Received RFE I-130

03/26/2008 RFE for I-130, sent to LA Through USPS Certified mail

03/31/2008 I-130 RFE response letter is received

04/09/2008 I-130 case processing has resumed

04/17/2008 I-130 APPROVED!!!! DATED 04/14/08 YAY!! 7 monthes to approve.

I-485 & EAD

03/13/2008 Sent I-485 & EAD to Chicago Lockbox through USPS Priority Mail

03/16/2008 I-485 & EAD Received by R. MERCEDO USCIS Chicago IL

03/25/2008 Received NOAs for I-485, I-765

03/28/2008 Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

03/29/2008 Biometrics done-Appointment Scheduled 4/05, but I went early.

03/31/2008 Case Status shows up Online

04/03/2008 EAD touched

04/10/2008 RFE for I-485 received today, dated 4/04/08

04/11/2008 Sent RFE to Lee's Summit, MO / USPS priority mail

04/14/2008 USCIS received RFE response; signed by C BORDERS.

04/17/2008 Case processing resumed

04/22/2008 Touched

05/09/2008 Received EAD Approval Notice from CRIS "Card production odered"

05/14/2008 EAD card production ordered, 2nd notice

05/16/2008 EAD Approved & Sent!! (61 days)

05/19/2008 EAD in hand!!!!!

GOD SPEED FOR ALL OF US WITH TRUE INTENTIONS!!