Hilarious Clinton

Man arrested, cuffed after using $2 bills

44 posts in this topic

Posted: April 7, 2005

5:12 p.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

A man trying to pay a fee using $2 bills was arrested, handcuffed and taken to jail after clerks at a Best Buy store questioned the currency's legitimacy and called police.

According to an account in the Baltimore Sun, 57-year-old Mike Bolesta was shocked to find himself taken to the Baltimore County lockup in Cockeysville, Md., where he was handcuffed to a pole for three hours while the U.S. Secret Service was called to weigh in on the case.

Bolesta told the Sun: "I am 6 feet 5 inches tall, and I felt like 8 inches high. To be handcuffed, to have all those people looking on, to be cuffed to a pole – and to know you haven't done anything wrong. And me, with a brother, Joe, who spent 33 years on the city police force. It was humiliating."

After Best Buy personnel reportedly told Bolesta he would not be charged for the installation of a stereo in his son's car, he received a call from the store saying it was in fact charging him the fee. As a means of protest, Bolesta decided to pay the $114 bill using 57 crisp, new $2 bills.

As the owner of Capital City Student Tours, the Baltimore resident has a hearty supply of the uncommon currency. He often gives the bills to students who take his tours for meal money.

"The kids don't see that many $2 bills, so they think this is the greatest thing in the world," Bolesta says. "They don't want to spend 'em. They want to save 'em. I've been doing this since I started the company. So I'm thinking, 'I'll stage my little comic protest. I'll pay the $114 with $2 bills.'"

Bolesta explained what happened when he presented the bills to the cashier at Best Buy Feb. 20.

"She looked at the $2 bills and told me, 'I don't have to take these if I don't want to.' I said, 'If you don't, I'm leaving. I've tried to pay my bill twice. You don't want these bills, you can sue me.' So she took the money – like she's doing me a favor."

Bolesta says the cashier marked each bill with a pen. Other store employees began to gather, a few of them asking, "Are these real?"

"Of course they are," Bolesta said. "They're legal tender."

According to the Sun report, the police arrest report noted one employee noticed some smearing of ink on the bills. That's when the cops were called. One officer reportedly noticed the bills ran in sequential order.

Said Bolesta: "I told them, 'I'm a tour operator. I've got thousands of these bills. I get them from my bank. You got a problem, call the bank.' I'm sitting there in a chair. The store's full of people watching this. All of a sudden, he's standing me up and handcuffing me behind my back, telling me, 'We have to do this until we get it straightened out.'

"Meanwhile, everybody's looking at me. I've lived here 18 years. I'm hoping my kids don't walk in and see this. And I'm saying, 'I can't believe you're doing this. I'm paying with legal American money.'"

Bolesta was taken to the lockup, where he sat handcuffed to a pole and in leg irons while the Secret Service was called.

"At this point," he says, "I'm a mass murderer."

Secret Service agent Leigh Turner eventually arrived and declared the bills legitimate, adding, according to the police report, "Sometimes ink on money can smear."

Commenting on the incident, Baltimore County police spokesman Bill Toohey told the Sun: "It's a sign that we're all a little nervous in the post-9/11 world."

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=43685

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Why does this mean that people are nervous about the world post 9/11? I think what he did is funny, and a good way to protest- he could have protested with a gun.

Keep those 2 dollar bills coming.

That is the most rediculous thing!

I can't believe he was arrested!

Has nothing to do with still being in shock over Sept. 11th!!

*grrrrrr

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline
Never seen one of those 2 dollars bills....

Me too until I googled it. :lol:

That poor guy. :(

Our K1 Journey Click Here
K1 Interview in Jakarta Click Here
AOS Journey:
May 02, 2006 :AOS Sent to Chicago...Let the couting begin
May 03, 2006 :AOS received in Chicago
May 12, 2006 :Received NOA1 dated 05/09/2006
May 22, 2006 Biometrics Notice Rcvd dated 05/17/2006
May 30, 2006 :Biometrics done in ASC Birmingham
July 01, 2006 :Interview Letter received
Aug 30, 2006 :Interview in Atlanta & got RFE for I-693A! OUCH!!!
November, 2006 :I-693A Sent. The waiting goes on...
April 4, 2007: Infopass & it doesn't help at all!!!
April 18, 2007 :Contacting our Congressman.
May 18, 2007 : E-mail rcvd, Welcome Notice Sent! Finally!!!
April 22, 2007 : E-mail rcvd, GC has been ordered
April 24, 2007 : Welcome Notice Rvcd. Yeeehaaa!!!!
June 1, 2007: GC arrived! Yippy! USCIS Free for 2 years!
2008: Moved to China
2009: Conditional GC Expired and Husband has been having affairs since 2008 in China. Can't file for ROC since he got laid off. He came to Jakarta to live with me and my parents. He got a new job. Life resume to normal or so I thought.
March 2010: Officially separated after yet more affairs exposed just a day after my birthday!

February 2011: Officially divorced.
June 18, 2011: He married the girl he had the last affair with.

August 2014: I am engaged with my real soulmate. Not an American.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wait a minute ...

11 - 9 = 2!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

IR1

April 14, 2004 I-130 NOA1

April 25, 2005 IR1 Received

April 26, 2005 POE Dorval Airport

May 13, 2005 Welcome to America Letters Received

May 21, 2005 PR Card in Mail

May 26, 2005 Applied for SSN at local office

June 06, 2005 SSN Received

June 11, 2005 Driver Licence Issued!

June 20, 2005 Deb gets a Check Card! Just like Donald Trump's!

Citizenship

Jan 30, 2008 N400 Mailed off to the VSC!

Feb 2, 2008 N400 Received at VSC

Feb 6, 2008 Check Cashed!

Feb 13, 2008 NOA1 Received

Feb 15, 2008 Fingerprint letter received. (Feb 26th scheduled)

Feb 18, 2008 Mailed out the old Please Reschedule us for Biometics <sigh>...

Feb 27, 2008 Received the new scheduled biometrics.

Mar 15, 2008 Biometrics Rescheduled.

Sep 18, 2008 Interview Letter Recieved.

Nov 11, 2008 Interview Passed :-).

Nov 14, 2008 Oath Cerimony.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

zomg!

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

it is...a muslim trick..

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
Commenting on the incident, Baltimore County police spokesman Bill Toohey told the Sun: "It's a sign that we're all a little nervous in the post-9/11 world."

What does 9/11 have to do with supposedly counterfeit money????

Sept. 27: Filed AOS, EAD and AP

Oct. 6: NOA for AOS, EADand AP received, case was moved from the DC office to MSC

Nov. 23: Biometrics and fingerprint appt.

Nov. 24: AOS and EAD touched

Dec. 3: EAD arrives in the mail!

Sept 19, 2005: E-filed EAD renewal

Sept. 20: I-485 transferred to CSC

Dec 20: RFE notice received

Feb. 13, 2006: RFE received in CSC

Feb. 23: AOS approved

Filed: Timeline

What does 9/11 have to do with supposedly counterfeit money????

Nothing, of course.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.