irish44

I got dumped!

77 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
We're talking about material expectations here...
OK - if you limit to "material" expectations - then I will agree. Finding someone who is realistic about how money works is not finding someone with low expectations (:

But my experience, Russian women are not all about high material expectations. Of the ones I know, I don't think any really fall into that category. Gold diggers come in all shapes, sizes and nationalities. I don't think Russia has a lock on them.

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, I've met some Filipinas with high expectations, but their high expectations ("I would like a nice house and car for our family.") pale in comparison to the high expectations of the Russian/FSU women ("Where is my Ferrari, blat?")

Reminds me of my professor's rant today about how her countrymen today are all about DEN'GI DEN'GI DEN'GI whereas before all they wanted was to be close to the earth or something. I do have female friends here who are otherwise very sweet girls who are incredibly focused on their potential boyfriends' earning potential in a way I have never seen in American girls. Well, you do see it sometimes in the US, but they're never nice girls.

It seems now that Russians have realized they can be rich, they're willing to do almost anything to get the DEN'GI, sometimes to the detriment of their own morality. (Male and female.) Americans can be the same way but as you've pointed out, Americans that are all about the money are usually evil with evil intentions. Russian girls seem to be very nice and sweet... but he better have money, blat!

OK - if you limit to "material" expectations - then I will agree. Finding someone who is realistic about how money works is not finding someone with low expectations (:

Exactly. But, I will say, by and large, Filipinas have a WAY more realistic standard when it comes to material expectations. There aren't too many of them that've been spoiled by married and older rich oligarchs or mafia types. Most of the "lucky" Filipinas have had a nice boyfriend that treats them well and takes them places. Not treats them to $1000 dinners and flies them to Turkey on the weekends.

That's where the standards differ.

But my experience, Russian women are not all about high material expectations. Of the ones I know, I don't think any really fall into that category. Gold diggers come in all shapes, sizes and nationalities. I don't think Russia has a lock on them.

Russia doesn't have a lock on gold diggers but as mentioned above, they're really nice girls and there's sometimes a thin line between the gold diggers and the girls just looking for a nice man. However, the girls that are Russian gold diggers set the standard! They don't have low expectations, they go for the gold!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
Sure, I've met some Filipinas with high expectations, but their high expectations ("I would like a nice house and car for our family.") pale in comparison to the high expectations of the Russian/FSU women ("Where is my Ferrari, blat?")

Reminds me of my professor's rant today about how her countrymen today are all about DEN'GI DEN'GI DEN'GI whereas before all they wanted was to be close to the earth or something. I do have female friends here who are otherwise very sweet girls who are incredibly focused on their potential boyfriends' earning potential in a way I have never seen in American girls. Well, you do see it sometimes in the US, but they're never nice girls.

It seems now that Russians have realized they can be rich, they're willing to do almost anything to get the DEN'GI, sometimes to the detriment of their own morality. (Male and female.) Americans can be the same way but as you've pointed out, Americans that are all about the money are usually evil with evil intentions. Russian girls seem to be very nice and sweet... but he better have money, blat!

Exactly. But, I will say, by and large, Filipinas have a WAY more realistic standard when it comes to material expectations. There aren't too many of them that've been spoiled by married and older rich oligarchs or mafia types. Most of the "lucky" Filipinas have had a nice boyfriend that treats them well and takes them places. Not treats them to $1000 dinners and flies them to Turkey on the weekends.

That's where the standards differ.

Russia doesn't have a lock on gold diggers but as mentioned above, they're really nice girls and there's sometimes a thin line between the gold diggers and the girls just looking for a nice man. However, the girls that are Russian gold diggers set the standard! They don't have low expectations, they go for the gold!

I think it comes down to an attitude that they are worth a man who can provide them with all of these things, so why settle for anything less?

Первый блин комом.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

:blink: do they carry a pickax and pan around too?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I am so happy, when I read threads like this, my Alla's future husband requirements were 90% character traits and 10% financial. "Jeffery, will we live on street if I marry you?" No, my love. "Will you work?" Yes, my love. "Must I work too in America?" It will help! "Okay, I consider I will." Financial discussion finished! :lol:

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

I think it comes down to an attitude that they are worth a man who can provide them with all of these things, so why settle for anything less?

It does come from that. However, the majority of girls who "insist" on having a man that provides them with those sort of things seem to forget the fact that they've either never had a man like that or if they did he was already married with kids or in the odd case that he was single he had about three other girls that he was treating so well. Or he was significantly older. I've yet to meet the girl who was happily married to a faithful guy her own age that bought her everything she wanted and didn't expect her to work.

I've known plenty of girls who've demanded their "boyfriends" pay for all that ####### but just can't seem to find a husband willing to do so. Funny how that works.

I am so happy, when I read threads like this, my Alla's future husband requirements were 90% character traits and 10% financial. "Jeffery, will we live on street if I marry you?" No, my love. "Will you work?" Yes, my love. "Must I work too in America?" It will help! "Okay, I consider I will." Financial discussion finished! :lol:

I truly hope you don't have to discuss it further after she arrives. I was under the impression that the "short" conversation my wife and I had was sufficient for her to understand how economics worked here in the U.S. but we've had several more financial discussions, especially those relating to her employment, since she's arrived. I hope you fare better!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• 2 weeks later...

Irish, I know I am late to this post, but as I just joined yesterday I wanted to express my sympathy. It sounds to me like you dodged a bullet here, and if so it was for the best. My prior bad experiences have led me to my Viktoria, and my life's happiness. You will find the same. Live and learn, and hang in there.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Hi all. It's been a few weeks and I thought I would check in. I read the thread from Bruc and although it sucks, I see I am not alone here.

I do sit on my deck in the morning and sometimes think what a shame.. but mostly I think what a stupid girl.. could have been a good life.

One of my Russian friends had talked to my ex-fiancee on the phone a couple of months back and NOW she tells me that she thought something wasn't right! Thanks for telling me :blink:

I do agree that it worked out for the best.. and I'm back on the bicycle!

Since this happened, my Russian/Ukranian friends have set me up on a couple of dates with their friends. I appreciate their efforts very much and although blind dates don't bother me, the gals (my friends) are kinda pushy.. (What do you think?), (Do you like her?), (She is very lonely.), etc.

It looks as if I am going to go to Kiev/Kherson in a couple of months.. hopefully more patient and wise. I am using an Agency that is on everyones trustworthy list and it has been a good experience.

Good to be back and who knows, maybe I'll have to go through this entire process again!

Joe

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'll give Filipinas a big :thumbs:. Their material expectations pale in comparison to those of their big white sisters. As long as it's not an ethnic/racial thing for you, make sure you click on the PI button as well when you search for girls.

Either way, get back on the horse!

Thank you so much.. soon to be mrsartis is quite a blessing as well.. she is an accountant and doing well herself, but she chose to be with me who has no home yet, but is willing to strive hard for my future family.!

-mike

😁

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
Hi all. It's been a few weeks and I thought I would check in. I read the thread from Bruc and although it sucks, I see I am not alone here.

I do sit on my deck in the morning and sometimes think what a shame.. but mostly I think what a stupid girl.. could have been a good life.

One of my Russian friends had talked to my ex-fiancee on the phone a couple of months back and NOW she tells me that she thought something wasn't right! Thanks for telling me :blink:

Since this happened, my Russian/Ukranian friends have set me up on a couple of dates with their friends. I appreciate their efforts very much and although blind dates don't bother me, the gals (my friends) are kinda pushy.. (What do you think?), (Do you like her?), (She is very lonely.), etc.

It looks as if I am going to go to Kiev/Kherson in a couple of months.. hopefully more patient and wise. I am using an Agency that is on everyones trustworthy list and it has been a good experience.

Good to be back and who knows, maybe I'll have to go through this entire process again!

Joe

Joe,

Just an advice and word of wisdom.....this time try to find some Russian/Ukrainian girl that speaks at least a little bit English and you won't need a translator, believe me, your life will be much easier than having this 3rd person between you and your next SO. Besides, you never know if the translator was and will be translating the right thing as well.

Edited by NYGirl

12/14/09 - I-751 mailed

12/23/09 - Check cashed

12/28/09 - NOA1 (dated 12/21/09)

01/03/10 - I-797 NOA received for biometrics appt

01/26/10 - Biometrics appt.

01/27/10 - Touch

04/29/10 - Approved

reminder for myself: apply for citizenship in november 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Best of luck, Joe! Just remember not to be too anxious to find your girl...be picky! You'll find a good one as long as you don't give up. Keep us updated, bud!!!

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

As usual - Slim has a sense of humor about the situation :lol: You mentioned Kherson, where my fiance' hails from. I didn't use an agency to meet her, but she does really have some different ideas about money and life generally than I do - so I can relate. What I can tell you is that there are plenty of sincere women in Ukraine who have no issues about following their man wherever. I think taking the step and going to meet some one else is a good one, and I wish you luck.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

You'll be able to take what you know now and really apply it. As said above, take some time, consider "all your options" and really focus on what you're looking for. You now know what NOT to look for, and that'll really help you out. Good luck, and keep us posted.

I'll give Filipinas a big :thumbs:. Their material expectations pale in comparison to those of their big white sisters. As long as it's not an ethnic/racial thing for you, make sure you click on the PI button as well when you search for girls. !

Thank you so much.. soon to be mrsartis is quite a blessing as well.. she is an accountant and doing well herself, but she chose to be with me who has no home yet, but is willing to strive hard for my future family.!

I really mean that. The girls I've known from the P.I. have been awesome! If you're truly searching "around the globe" for a wife, the P.I. is a good place to start. So many good girls, and most of them have their $#!T together too and don't expect a husband to support them. They're happy with a husband that loves them.

As usual - Slim has a sense of humor about the situation :lol:

You probably didn't see Irish's initial posts or his website, but basically, he went searching "around the globe" for a perspective wife (and had several "possibles" lined up) and then narrowed the search to just one and they gave it a go. His was truly a case of "clicked on your profile, liked what I saw, let's give it a shot." They tried to get it done through a translator and a couple of dates, but in the end, she chose not to go through with it. If you could see his website (it's in a link on one of his posts somewhere on here) then you'd understand where I'm coming from in saying "keep pedaling!" He was truly "open" to the possibility of finding his wife overseas, and I'm sure he's still open to it despite what happened this time around. Rough draft, so to speak.

Good luck Irish!!!

Русский форум член.

If any one can steer me towards that thread with Irish's website, I would like to check it out (if he left it up).

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.