gimygirl

Who needs a hostile PM now??

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Well I guess I don't see the big deal in peeps just having a larf and joking around about their post count occasionally and even trying to run it up . I'm sure it's not really THAT serious as it may look from someone else. AND I personally could give a rat's ####### how many useless topics somone starts. To get all uptight about it seems a waste of time.

The argument that people wh oneed help won't get it because of flodding in OT doesn't wash with me. There are so many members that don't even frequent OT. If you feel too much on the first page is wasted by frivolous stuff in OT (seems an oxymoron to me, but whatever), chage your board settings so that you can get the maximum number of posts per page which is 40....believe me, it's much easier to go through a long topic this way too! ;):yes:

RELAX PEEPS!!! too many panties in a twist....

Edited by Frances

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Couldn't have said it better Frances. :yes: and mine is set on 40 too. ;):) M.

edited to say: I could give a rats about my post count, but who cares if others do it for fun?? I post 5 paragraphs OR a simple...congrats to you! whenever I feel like it..I don't worry too much about what anyone thinks that way. I KNOW that I help out when I can/feel like it, and that's all that matters really! :) M.

Edited by MichelleandCraig

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I didn't think a little PM would cause this much ruckus :rolleyes:

AOS

August 30, 2005 - AOS, , AP applications mailed to Chicago Lockbox

September 9, 2005 - NOA's for AOS, AP, (dated Sept. 1)

November 28, 2005 - AOS biometrics - refused EAD biometrics at the same time

December 5, 2005 - AP approved

December 7, 2005 - Infopass appointment for interim EAD

December 12, 2005 - Received EAD card

December 13, 2005 - Received AP

June 14, 2005 - Case Status Inquiry/Tracer

June 19, 2005 - Letter sent to congressman

AOS INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST 8, 2006

AOS approved - August 8th, 2006 - hooray - done with USCIS for now!

GREENCARD RECEIVED - August 18, 2006

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

i'm back and well rested :energetic: ... thanks for the dispensation, meauxna! ;)

everybody needs to chill... geez...

i think frances is (as usual) right on the mark. :thumbs:

in almost a year, i still haven't gotten past gold membership yet, so obviously i'm not a rabid number booster.

everyone has their "thing"... some people post about wanting to get to that next level (usually for a heart), some people post jokes, some post about how bored they are at work, some post polls, some use "congrats" and smilies. i don't think they care any less about the "real" issues on VJ. but i think they also want to have fun with their fellow VJers and if they get to a nice round number, so be it. if it was all facts and no mischief, rants, useless ####### and sick humor, it would not be a cool place to visit. :no:

(and i STILL didn't reach 750! it would be nice to finally change status, but its not that big of a deal :wacko: )

***any of you VJers that are good with finding smilies, can you find one that says "chill out!" ???***

Adjustment of Status

July 1 2006 - Sent EAD & AOS packet

Sept 19 2006 - EAD APPROVED

Sept 22 2006 - AOS APPROVED

Sept 23 2006 - EAD card arrived

Sept 29 2006 - GC arrived!!!

Removal of Conditions

Jul 9 2008 - Filed @ VSC

Feb 25 2009 - Transferred to CSC

June 20 2009 - Card production ordered

NATURALIZATION

Aug 24 2009 - Mailed N-400 priority mail

Aug 26 2009 - rec'd at TX Lockbox

Aug 27 2009 - NOA1 (rec'd 8/31)

Aug 28 2009 - check cashed

Sept 4 2009 - biometrics notice [rec'd Sept 9]

Sept 25 2009 - Biometrics

Oct 17 2009 - Email about file transfer for interview

Oct 21 2009 - Interview Letter Rec'd

Dec 8 2009 - Interview - PASSED!!!!!!

Dec 19 2009 - Oath Letter rec'd

Jan 14 2010 - OATH CEREMONY!!!!

Jan 15 2010 - Passport app.

Jan 21 2010 - Nat. cert. returned

Jan 22 2010 - Passport rec'd

Timeline
***any of you VJers that are good with finding smilies, can you find one that says "chill out!" ???***

23_1_120.gif

or

23_1_121.gif

Edited by Frances

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

23_1_120.gif

snagged :thumbs:

23_1_120.gif

lol 23_1_121.gif

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

23_1_120.gif

snagged :thumbs:

23_1_120.gif

THIEF! :angry: you are SOOOOOOOOOO reported! :angry:

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED

Timeline
Frances as if you can talk, you stole my popcorn smilie! :lol::P

bwahahahahahahaa :jest:

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED

Filed: Timeline

I post a lot but it's cos I have no life, lol.

I don't think it's summat that I have to watch, it's no big deal...it's actually embarrassing that I have so much time to kill. That being said, I did thank ppl on my 1000th post...just so happened to have seen it beforehand.

I don't care what people post, what they dont...I don't think it was cool with all the joke threads, but I certainly don't have a probbo with anything else.

speaking of posting, I looked at 'today's top 10' cos I hate being on there....and it says I got 56 today which is sooooooooo not true! This is like my 2nd.

Edited by LisaD

i thought this was a thread regarding hostile pms...and turned to spama nd psot hos..i came in and the latter..

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Timeline
speaking of posting, I looked at 'today's top 10' cos I hate being on there....and it says I got 56 today which is sooooooooo not true! This is like my 2nd.

I think the top 10 posters is over the last 24 hour period...

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED

I think the top 10 posters is over the last 24 hour period...

:yes: .as far as posting...as i told my good friend jim..if other posters do not like it them ###### them

Edited by almaty2004

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I dont see what the big deal is in what or how many times or where anyone posts something. As i remember there is no rule saying we cant post anything just because some other people get their panties in a wad if we do, and if it pisses someone off that its done too much for a reason "they" dont like, then why look. I for one post a bit, i debate, i argue, i congrat, and i post just for fun. And i for one could care less if my posts are looked down on. i mean seriously, i wasnt aware there was a "post police". If people post only congrats for number of posts, who the heck are we to judge them, its there thing. It really shouldnt bother anyone anyway.

Sometimes i feel like this forum is like high school. bicker bicker bicker. :hehe:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!