Teacher Mark

Consulate Asking For Email Password

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Just when I thought I had heard it all, a newbie in the Viet Nam forum posted this:

hi all im a newbie here... wondering if anyone here can help me answer some question about my case... i filed 129F march of 2007.. My fiance got an interview on Nov but he failed. Then in april an officer in Vn give us both an phone interview.. Being un prepare that we both are we failed the phone interview answering competely opposite answers from each other... here a very complicated part about our case. when the officer ask my fiance about his email password . she went in and read and findout that 2wk before i wrote email to my finance to break up with him and he should find someone new. So now they also held that against me too. So this morning my fiance got a letter stating that our case is very complicated to make a decisions so they send it back to the US and have a consulate officer review our case and have a final decisions... does anyone know how long does it take ? what is my next step ? i want to write or call them to justified my story... people tells me i should get a lawyer and it will guranteed me within 5mos my fiance will be here but i don't know if it worth it since i know for sure before they review my case if i can write them my side of story maybe they will understand... real couple fights and get mad at each other from time to time but that doesn't mean we don't love each other or not serious in our realtionship....

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=129043

Has anyone else heard of a Consular or Embassy employee asking a Beneficiary or Sponsor for their password?

If you were asked what would your response be?

I'd respond "F" off! :angry: That wasn't very nice of the consulate to do that to them.

That's ridiculous! But if you have nothing to hide I guess its fine. First time I've heard of it :blink: .

11/03/2007 - Mailed N-400

11/05/2007 - Delivered to NSC

11/09/2007 - Checked Cashed

11/10/2007 - Return Signature Receipt Received

11/05/2007 - Priority Date

12/03/2007 - NOA1 Receipt Notice Received

12/13/2007 - NOA2 Fingerprints Received

01/02/2008 - Fingerprinting Done

02/11/2008 - NOA3 Interview Notice Received - April 10th, 2008

04/10/2008 - Interview Done - APPROVED

08/15/2008 - Oath Letter Received

09/10/2008 - US Citizen

09/24/2008 - Applied for US Passport

10/06/2008 - US Passport Received

10/09/2008 - Passport Card and Naturalization Certificate Received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
That's ridiculous! But if you have nothing to hide I guess its fine. First time I've heard of it

I disagree, its not about just hiding, what about personal space?

My husband's and my world rely over internet, there is everything, from banking details to family matters to every day fights.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
That's ridiculous! But if you have nothing to hide I guess its fine. First time I've heard of it

I disagree, its not about just hiding, what about personal space?

My husband's and my world rely over internet, there is everything, from banking details to family matters to every day fights.

....I agree! Banking details, credit cards, e-mails to/from family members, work related e-mails..

USCIS/these consulates are stepping over that privacy line.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i have heard of them going into email accounts before.........wow if they ask for mine they gonna get really confused as it is for all our my family not just for me.......but u know now homeland security i believe have passed the law that they have the right to look at all email listen to all calls and watch all correspondence electrical........digital........anything and when u have 8 people all using the same email and chat id there is bound to be some problems wow.........

Edited by estadia

immigration is a privilege

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
immigration is a privilege

and invasion of privacy is the price?

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

:unsure: While you are at it, please send them your checking account numbers and mother's maiden name. :huh:

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

we should have 2 email address now :devil:

1 for private stuff..

1 for everyday mail for wife/husband/fiance/fiancee==immigration email :devil:

Edited by I luv my chappara

:unsure: While you are at it, please send them your checking account numbers and mother's maiden name. :huh:

mmm i truthfully think they get that anyway before its all over with :whistle:

Oh, that's right! Well, the only thing left is to write them into the will. :devil:

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

I recently had a few Emails deleted, nothing important just wondering now if it was the "BIG BROTHER" snooping my account? Is there any way to find out? Nobody else has my password!! Where does the "FREEDOM" end, or maybe a better question, When does it begin??? HMMM.... :blink: