nunyab

Muslims

2,650 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Salam,

Just thought a chat for Muslims would be helpful. I am constantly wondering if that may come up on the radar for the approval and if that may delay but alas it doesn't help to worry about such things as there is nothing I can change I am who I am Hamdolah. Looking for the support of others facing the same challenges or anyone interested in participating... all are welcome to chime in.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
Salam,

Just thought a chat for Muslims would be helpful. I am constantly wondering if that may come up on the radar for the approval and if that may delay but alas it doesn't help to worry about such things as there is nothing I can change I am who I am Hamdolah. Looking for the support of others facing the same challenges or anyone interested in participating... all are welcome to chime in

Being Muslim in itself is not really the issue. But beneficiaries from Arab and/or Muslim countries -- especially male beneficiaries but sometimes females -- often have delays for extensive name, security and background checks. In the MENA forum, we call it "AP" for "Administrative Processing." Having a very common name or a history of travel to certain countries can complicate this procedure.

But on the other hand, some MENA beneficiaries have little or no delays. It's hard to predict if or how much your case will be affected. So in general -- be braced for an extra wait, but keep hoping for the best.

Also, we have some lists in the MENA forum called "Visas in Hand" -- you can see how many MENA cases have gone through successfully over the last few years, which consulate they processed through, and if they had AP and how long it took. This could make you feel a lot better !

Wishing you all the best with your visa journey !

Salamat

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

howdy

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The MENA regional forum has many past threads that may interest you.

Best wishes on your journey. :star:

Me (Indiana) & Him (Fes, Morocco)

Summer 2002: Met in Morocco
Summer 2004: Began work on 129f; joined VJ rather than hiring a lawyer

I-129f Submission & Approval
Oct 19, 2004: I-129f to VSC
Oct 29: NOA2 online -- approved in 6 days, 10/23 to 10/29!

From NVC to Consulate & All the Way Home...
Nov 8, 2004: Case to Casablanca
Feb 23: Interview; CO said they'll call in 2-3 weeks
Mar 2: Casa calls; visa in hand the next day!
Mar 24: Arrival at JFK; over four hours waiting, but got an EAD
April 15, 2005: Married

AOS
Aug 10, 2005: AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago
Nov 12: AOS prints taken

2006, 2007, 2008, 2009:
EAD renewals often delayed. (?)
Info-Pass officials will say only that "other authorities" are handling our case; we eventually got our Senator's office involved
Spring 2009: A letter arrives, saying his 2005 fingerprints have expired and need to be updated. We head down to Indy and get his prints redone.
June 2009: We FINALLY get the AOS interview letter just shy of FOUR YEARS since submission of AOS application...

July 2009: after the interview, his 10-year Green Card arrives. Alle-freaking-luia.

N-400

Application in progress, 2015. We divorced in 2012 but are still good friends. E is helping organize H's application for Naturalization... fingers crossed!

How hard to pin down the truth, especially when one is obliged to see the world in slices; snapshots conceal as much as they make plain. (Rushdie, Shame)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

A lot of muslims males and females have made successfully!! U got nothing to worry about insha Allah.... i felt same exact way u did but then when i read about muslims here i was relieved al hamdulillah!!

lyrics.jpg

Sanita is a Muslim and a Chechen..we had some issues with the CO but it had nothing to do with being a Muslim o0r Chechen

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Yeah you know my spouse told me beforehand the people who usually (not all) go thru Administrative Processing have other papers that have to be looked at like Previous marriages-divorce decrees or Police reports. It's just for extra security reasons but I can imagine it's hard! Goodluck & God bless

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Timeline

Long story short but I was in the Army reserves for 11 yrs and been all over the world. After my experinces I ended up converting while my husband and I were in the "friends" stage.... when i sent my G325a app in it was a pic of me with my hijab but if they just run my social they'll see my TS clearance and I think that might help??

Timeline
Long story short but I was in the Army reserves for 11 yrs and been all over the world. After my experinces I ended up converting while my husband and I were in the "friends" stage.... when i sent my G325a app in it was a pic of me with my hijab but if they just run my social they'll see my TS clearance and I think that might help??

In truth im not really sure being Muslim has anything to do with cases that get extra review and problems like ours have i really want to believe that our country is better than that........in reality there could be just as many non Muslim cases that get the extra views and security checks but we dont know about them because they are not on vj......but im sure ur TS clearance wont hurt any :)

Timeline

Lol thanks... you know we talk about our country and how things like that shouldn't matter but i do have to say just the security checks at the airport are more intensive and all over the board. I went to morocco twice got stopped 4 times in security getting on the plane to leave the country but when I was coming back in not a problem. Than my last trip back in I got the four security officers surrounding me and having to show pictures of my husband and I and answer questions for 15 min. The funny thing is noone one else was forced to do the same. I love my country I am the 5th generation service member but people are still human and frankly we still all hurt from the travisty that occured on our own soil. Do I think it'll slow down the process??? Anything is possible to whomever is looking at the apps I guess.

"Your" TS clearance will not help one bit, as your intended spouse is the subject of the investigation. You are not in question here, your intended immigrating SO is.

I have travelled the same road; and my clearance level was a primary cause of my career change to be with my wife. The best call I ever made. :thumbs:

Anyway, all the best to you both.

Edit: spelling....

Edited by William33

Timeline
Lol thanks... you know we talk about our country and how things like that shouldn't matter but i do have to say just the security checks at the airport are more intensive and all over the board. I went to morocco twice got stopped 4 times in security getting on the plane to leave the country but when I was coming back in not a problem. Than my last trip back in I got the four security officers surrounding me and having to show pictures of my husband and I and answer questions for 15 min. The funny thing is noone one else was forced to do the same. I love my country I am the 5th generation service member but people are still human and frankly we still all hurt from the travisty that occured on our own soil. Do I think it'll slow down the process??? Anything is possible to whomever is looking at the apps I guess.

I know what ur talking about we lived over seas for four years in pakistan when we came back it was nov after nine elven we were in security for two hours they even checked my youngest sisters puck she was really sick when we landed......we were made to miss our connecting flight and strangely when it was time to board for people with small children we were pulled for u guessed it another security check :whistle:

after that until the last two years anytime we fly we have been given the extra security check.........

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.