sarahaziz

- Pregnacy -

149 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
ok so some of you are discussnig breastfeeding and all that and I thought of something interesting. Recently I watched a documentary called "The Business of Being Born". It is about the healthcare/maternity system in the US. They were pro midwife and having babies naturally. They said that US is ranking to be second (I think) in infant mortality rate in the world! And we are the ones using midwives nad having more births by C-section because the doctors do not want to keep the women in the hospital for too long. (health insurance companies ya know)....

It was an interesting show but I'm not sure what I agree with. I've never had a kid before so I totally don't know what it's like or what to expect. So myself, I do not know which way is better. What are your thoughts while we are on the topic?

I thought if you had a c section - you stay in the hospital a lot longer than giving a natural birth. I had my baby on a Wednesday night and Friday morning we left the hospital. It was the same amount of time just like 20 years ago.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
LMAO.....I'm still not looking forward to it. :crying: I think you have to take it in steps. Right now I'm ready to discuss cake. :innocent:

how about some alien cake? :innocent:

1819455336_a6d56c86ef.jpg

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm getting lots of belly touching--I usually don't mind as long as people ask first.

Carolyn and Simo

Fell in love in Morocco: March 2004

Welcome to the USA: May 19, 2005 :)

Our Wedding Day: July 9, 2005

AOS interview: March, 2006--Success!

Applied for Removal of Conditions on Residence: March, 2008--Approved August 11, 2008

Baby Ilyas born: August 16, 2008!

rPXNm5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Here's a question for you gals...

Why does everyone think its ok to pat a pregnant woman's tummy? SOOOOO annoying! :angry:

Because people have no sense of personal boundries. Likely, I will knock someone out. It's like how people feel some kind of compulsion to pet your hair. Why? I would never touch someone else's hair (friends, family, strangers) unless I had a reason or it was Ammar. Somehow he is exempt from my feelings of personal space.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You know what I hated the most...

(Mind you My stomach was Ginormous)

People would stop me in the grocery store, or at the quiet bank i work at, or elsewhere, and let out a big...

"Holy Cow" or "Daaamn" or "My God" real damn loud, and say...are u havin twins?? and hwen i would tell them No, theres just one baby, they would say, well u might wanna get another check on that...

U know, how ignorant, i know i got big...problem was i only gained about 28lbs, and the baby was HUGE....and i was allll belly, so i just kept stretching and stretching....

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Anyone know of how to prevent leg cramps otherwise called charlie horses.........I get them in my left calf muscle in the middle of the night. I don't get them during the day.......but when it happens at night, I wake up screaming from the pain. I know there's one theory that it could be that you need more calcium but, I don't have a calcium deficiency. My doctor said it's normal during pregnancy and to try and take a magnesium suppliment, I've tried that for about 3 weeks and so far.......it hasn't helped.

I would get cramps in my legs and feet at night. The doctor said magnesium and iron deficiency and suggested I eat a banana before going to bed. After my son was born the cramps went away.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

People would stop me in the grocery store, or at the quiet bank i work at, or elsewhere, and let out a big...

"Holy Cow" or "Daaamn" or "My God" real damn loud, and say...are u havin twins?? and hwen i would tell them No, theres just one baby, they would say, well u might wanna get another check on that...

U know, how ignorant, i know i got big...problem was i only gained about 28lbs, and the baby was HUGE....and i was allll belly, so i just kept stretching and stretching....

I got huge too, but no one asked if I was having twins.... they did however hover to my belly and start rubbing it and patting and talking to it, which was SSSSOOOOOOOO annoying. I guess pregnancy means you get no personal space. Once I was at a doctor visit and he kicked me so hard his foot went between my ribs. Once I stood back up from falling to the groundin pain, some old smelly guy asked if I was ok, then said oh.. look at the little foot and started tickling it... I think that was the worst part of my pregnancy, all the crazy people wanting to touch me.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

I got huge too, but no one asked if I was having twins.... they did however hover to my belly and start rubbing it and patting and talking to it, which was SSSSOOOOOOOO annoying. I guess pregnancy means you get no personal space. Once I was at a doctor visit and he kicked me so hard his foot went between my ribs. Once I stood back up from falling to the groundin pain, some old smelly guy asked if I was ok, then said oh.. look at the little foot and started tickling it... I think that was the worst part of my pregnancy, all the crazy people wanting to touch me.

I dont know what is more scarey sounding....freaky people touching me or having a little foot through my ribs;)

June 14, 2007 Sent I130 to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

June 15, 2007 Confirmed on usps.com that VSC has received packet

June 29, 2007 Check cashed by USCIS (hey they opened my packet!)

June 30, 2007 Received NOA1

July 7, 2007 I130 touched

July 9, 2007 I130 touched

July 10, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 24, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 26, 2007 I130 touched (stop feeling up my husband's case and get him over here, yala!)

Oct. 1, 2007 On my way to Palestine

Oct. 5, 2007 I130 approved, transferrerd to NVC YAY!!!!

Oct. 16, 2007 Return to US, ranks one of the saddest day of my life:(

Oct. 27, 2007 Agent form/AOS bill received from NVC

Nov 1, 2007 Overnighted AOS payment to NVC

Nov. 29, 2007 Received AOS form from NVC

Dec. 20, 2007 overnighted I864 packet to NVC

Filed: Timeline

Why does everyone think its ok to pat a pregnant woman's tummy? SOOOOO annoying! :angry:

Because people have no sense of personal boundries. Likely, I will knock someone out. It's like how people feel some kind of compulsion to pet your hair. Why? I would never touch someone else's hair (friends, family, strangers) unless I had a reason or it was Ammar. Somehow he is exempt from my feelings of personal space.

After watching a couple of my friends lose babies or not be able to get pregnant, I kind of feel stupid saying much about boundaries or anything else. If you are pregnant and your baby is healthy you have a hell of alot to be grateful for. I thank God everyday hes ( the baby) is alive and healthy. It could be a different story

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

After watching a couple of my friends lose babies or not be able to get pregnant, I kind of feel stupid saying much about boundaries or anything else. If you are pregnant and your baby is healthy you have a hell of alot to be grateful for. I thank God everyday hes ( the baby) is alive and healthy. It could be a different story

all people ahve different opinions. Depends on what the person views as her personal space and how close they guard it. In all cases, to each their own.

June 14, 2007 Sent I130 to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

June 15, 2007 Confirmed on usps.com that VSC has received packet

June 29, 2007 Check cashed by USCIS (hey they opened my packet!)

June 30, 2007 Received NOA1

July 7, 2007 I130 touched

July 9, 2007 I130 touched

July 10, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 24, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 26, 2007 I130 touched (stop feeling up my husband's case and get him over here, yala!)

Oct. 1, 2007 On my way to Palestine

Oct. 5, 2007 I130 approved, transferrerd to NVC YAY!!!!

Oct. 16, 2007 Return to US, ranks one of the saddest day of my life:(

Oct. 27, 2007 Agent form/AOS bill received from NVC

Nov 1, 2007 Overnighted AOS payment to NVC

Nov. 29, 2007 Received AOS form from NVC

Dec. 20, 2007 overnighted I864 packet to NVC

Filed: Timeline

all people ahve different opinions. Depends on what the person views as her personal space and how close they guard it. In all cases, to each their own.

I had a ton of boundaries... TONS.. I think because i have watched people close to me lose their babies, both to still birth, miscarriage and other stuff,,, I m really reticent to act too snotty to many people about what my boundaries are if they wanna pat me.. IMHO

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I did not mind when people rubbed my belly ... i would always tell them to go right ahead ... as far as stretch marks ... i gained 50 pounds ... at the end of my pregnancy i looked as if we were having twins ... but still no stretch marks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.