sarahaziz

- Pregnacy -

149 posts in this topic

Does anyone know or heard about if you rather use breast pumps vs direct breastfeeding does it break bonding between mother and baby?> or is it considerably the same?

my baby is totally bonded to me because of breastfeeding .. but she will suck from a bottle as well which is a very good thing .. we only give her breast milk though .. we found that other milk makes her throw up (infamil with iron)

Oooh that is a very smart move, I'm pretty sure anything not natural shouldn't be fed to the baby. I think that's why kids are at a healthy stage vs when growing up as an adult and being able to eat whatever.

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Does anyone know or heard about if you rather use breast pumps vs direct breastfeeding does it break bonding between mother and baby?> or is it considerably the same?

my baby is totally bonded to me because of breastfeeding .. but she will suck from a bottle as well which is a very good thing .. we only give her breast milk though .. we found that other milk makes her throw up (infamil with iron)

Oooh that is a very smart move, I'm pretty sure anything not natural shouldn't be fed to the baby. I think that's why kids are at a healthy stage vs when growing up as an adult and being able to eat whatever.

I dont know. My bottle fed baby eats absolutely anything and everything.. shrimp ,harira , garlic,clams, crab , any kind rice or food imaginable. The breast fed one eats absolutely nothing that has any sauce, is high maintance and picky. Both were exposed to the same kinds of food. Both were exposed to all kinds of food. The preschooler literally was cracking people up in Algeria eating everything including paella and anchovies. My older child, breast fed, totally was a pain to travel with . All he wanted was chicken nuggets and pizza and literally starves himself if he has to try new foods. Go figure

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Both my girls were bottle fed. One eats everything and the other is a wicked picky eater. Both are very very healthy and bonded beautifully with mommy. I wanted to breastfeed but I was totally too drugged up after having both of them due to serious complications during childbirth, etc. so I didn't want to pass that on to them and once it was out of my system I figured they were hooked on the bottle.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

JP....heat will def make ya swell more...i fortunately got around the heat, but, i feel ya, its gonna be a long summer for u...and working til birth...i made it about 10 days before he was born...i could have worked til birth, but my company requires schedules made 2 weeks in advance...and there was no guarentee i could make those schedules, so i got the boot...I didnt know u have complications, but im glad everything is looking good...

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Mosquito bites: Before reaching for the insect bite cream, try rubbing the

affected area with the inside of a banana skin. Many people find it

amazingly successful at reducing swelling and irritation.

OMG I am going to make sure habibi has plenty of bananas or at least their skins laying around next time I'm in Palestine. The mosquiots over there ate me alive and they are as big as my head!!!:) I never seen ones so big in my life, arab blood must be tasty for them to become so big, lol

as for who has to eat the banas.....well, my husband loves bananas so I will not have to work too hard to get him to eat them. I am not extremely fond of them but when he comes back and awnts a baby I will be:)

June 14, 2007 Sent I130 to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

June 15, 2007 Confirmed on usps.com that VSC has received packet

June 29, 2007 Check cashed by USCIS (hey they opened my packet!)

June 30, 2007 Received NOA1

July 7, 2007 I130 touched

July 9, 2007 I130 touched

July 10, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 24, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 26, 2007 I130 touched (stop feeling up my husband's case and get him over here, yala!)

Oct. 1, 2007 On my way to Palestine

Oct. 5, 2007 I130 approved, transferrerd to NVC YAY!!!!

Oct. 16, 2007 Return to US, ranks one of the saddest day of my life:(

Oct. 27, 2007 Agent form/AOS bill received from NVC

Nov 1, 2007 Overnighted AOS payment to NVC

Nov. 29, 2007 Received AOS form from NVC

Dec. 20, 2007 overnighted I864 packet to NVC

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

ok so some of you are discussnig breastfeeding and all that and I thought of something interesting. Recently I watched a documentary called "The Business of Being Born". It is about the healthcare/maternity system in the US. They were pro midwife and having babies naturally. They said that US is ranking to be second (I think) in infant mortality rate in the world! And we are the ones using midwives nad having more births by C-section because the doctors do not want to keep the women in the hospital for too long. (health insurance companies ya know)....

It was an interesting show but I'm not sure what I agree with. I've never had a kid before so I totally don't know what it's like or what to expect. So myself, I do not know which way is better. What are your thoughts while we are on the topic?

June 14, 2007 Sent I130 to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

June 15, 2007 Confirmed on usps.com that VSC has received packet

June 29, 2007 Check cashed by USCIS (hey they opened my packet!)

June 30, 2007 Received NOA1

July 7, 2007 I130 touched

July 9, 2007 I130 touched

July 10, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 24, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 26, 2007 I130 touched (stop feeling up my husband's case and get him over here, yala!)

Oct. 1, 2007 On my way to Palestine

Oct. 5, 2007 I130 approved, transferrerd to NVC YAY!!!!

Oct. 16, 2007 Return to US, ranks one of the saddest day of my life:(

Oct. 27, 2007 Agent form/AOS bill received from NVC

Nov 1, 2007 Overnighted AOS payment to NVC

Nov. 29, 2007 Received AOS form from NVC

Dec. 20, 2007 overnighted I864 packet to NVC

ok so some of you are discussnig breastfeeding and all that and I thought of something interesting. Recently I watched a documentary called "The Business of Being Born". It is about the healthcare/maternity system in the US. They were pro midwife and having babies naturally. They said that US is ranking to be second (I think) in infant mortality rate in the world! And we are the ones using midwives nad having more births by C-section because the doctors do not want to keep the women in the hospital for too long. (health insurance companies ya know)....

It was an interesting show but I'm not sure what I agree with. I've never had a kid before so I totally don't know what it's like or what to expect. So myself, I do not know which way is better. What are your thoughts while we are on the topic?

because im the mom

Mosquito bites: Before reaching for the insect bite cream, try rubbing the

affected area with the inside of a banana skin. Many people find it

amazingly successful at reducing swelling and irritation.

OMG I am going to make sure habibi has plenty of bananas or at least their skins laying around next time I'm in Palestine. The mosquiots over there ate me alive and they are as big as my head!!!:) I never seen ones so big in my life, arab blood must be tasty for them to become so big, lol

as for who has to eat the banas.....well, my husband loves bananas so I will not have to work too hard to get him to eat them. I am not extremely fond of them but when he comes back and awnts a baby I will be:)

ughh I hate bananas so much, but I'll eat em when I get pregnant!

hahaha i hate going in the summer too- so many bugs I wouldn't take my child out in the summer those mosquitos come inside the house all the time. Half the summer nights before going to bed my spouse was on the bed and couch in our room killing all the bugs ycuk!

it's the second highest infant mortality rate in the developed world, not the entire world. more births by c-sections has nothing to do with not wanting to keep women in the hospital for too long either-having a c-section usually more than doubles the time women spend in hospital post birth. but it certainly lowers a dr.'s liability($$$) if there are complications with the baby.

When signs of fetal difficulties are detected at the onset of labor, Dr. Hankins offers several options, including a Caesarean delivery, which the overwhelming majority of patients accept. But, he said, ''I have to do 500 Caesareans to prevent one case of cerebral palsy.''

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline

yeah I'm not sure if it varies from state to state but in Massachusetts a c-section requires a 4 day stay in the hospital whereas a vaginal delivery is a 2 day stay. (or is it 4 night and 2 night? I forget it's been so long :P) I think if at all possible stick with the regular delivery because it's VERY hard to convince the OB's to let you do a VBAC once you've had even one cesarean.

yeah I'm not sure if it varies from state to state but in Massachusetts a c-section requires a 4 day stay in the hospital whereas a vaginal delivery is a 2 day stay. (or is it 4 night and 2 night? I forget it's been so long :P) I think if at all possible stick with the regular delivery because it's VERY hard to convince the OB's to let you do a VBAC once you've had even one cesarean.

Thats why I will be induced. Everyone wants to c section an older mom but I dont want to have to go through the recovery process. Vaginal is alot easier on the woman than a c section. But Drs love them because they reduce their liability and then make a ton of more money on them.

I have alot better chance of going vaginal 2 weeks early with being induced. I dont want another 10 pound baby and I dont want to have to take care of a wound and a new born at the same time..

Timeline

Thats why I will be induced. Everyone wants to c section an older mom but I dont want to have to go through the recovery process. Vaginal is alot easier on the woman than a c section. But Drs love them because they reduce their liability and then make a ton of more money on them.

I have alot better chance of going vaginal 2 weeks early with being induced. I dont want another 10 pound baby and I dont want to have to take care of a wound and a new born at the same time..

Did you have a csection before? My first just wouldn't come out after 28 or so hours of labor...her head was just tooo big so I had a csection with her. My second was scheduled because that's just what you did when you already had one before but honestly a vbac was totally doable I think since she was 5 pounds even at birth and had a puny head. Now I think I'm doomed since vbacs after one section are hard enough to convince but after 2 and when you're 42..........faggitaboutit. It DOES suck to recover physically on top of having a newborn for so long but since I never had it anyother way I guess I don't know what I'm not missing.

Did you have a csection before? My first just wouldn't come out after 28 or so hours of labor...her head was just tooo big so I had a csection with her. My second was scheduled because that's just what you did when you already had one before but honestly a vbac was totally doable I think since she was 5 pounds even at birth and had a puny head. Now I think I'm doomed since vbacs after one section are hard enough to convince but after 2 and when you're 42..........faggitaboutit. It DOES suck to recover physically on top of having a newborn for so long but since I never had it anyother way I guess I don't know what I'm not missing.

I wanna say something so gross so I will say it in code so you get it ok?

Someone benefits from your C girlie... YOUR HUSBAND LOL.. You are like a teenager still GROSS GROSS GROSS GROSS... LOL LOL LOL LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.