sarahaziz

- Pregnacy -

149 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Anyone know which breast pump is considered to be the best........medela, playtex......regular size or compact..........single or double..............there are so many......which would be a good one to take to work?

medela .. double breast pump .. it works really good for me .. the other ones break down so i've been told.. plus my hospital highly recommended medela .. i bought it from the lactation nurse at the hospital

Anyone know which breast pump is considered to be the best........medela, playtex......regular size or compact..........single or double..............there are so many......which would be a good one to take to work?

Are you certain your work doesn't already have one? I found out by sheer accident (was looking for a room to pray in) that we have a "mother's room" on the floor below us fully equipped with a hospital type pump that apparently (per the moms that I know use it) is super powerful. Might want to just ask around before spending the $$$.

breast pumps should not be shared

I agree, Medela is the best quality pump. When I was pumping, my work had Mother's Rooms. They supplied the pumps and I would bring my own attachments. It was so convenient. There was a fridge and a sink in there. I think that was the only nice thing that company had to offer it's female employees.

Label.jpg

.png

mybabygirl-1-1.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

medela .. double breast pump .. it works really good for me .. the other ones break down so i've been told.. plus my hospital highly recommended medela .. i bought it from the lactation nurse at the hospital

Are you certain your work doesn't already have one? I found out by sheer accident (was looking for a room to pray in) that we have a "mother's room" on the floor below us fully equipped with a hospital type pump that apparently (per the moms that I know use it) is super powerful. Might want to just ask around before spending the $$$.

Yes this is the same pump I have had for almost 6 years. I just need to buy the disposable parts that are new. As far as sharing a large unit, it is fine you just have to provide your own disposable parts. I have seen this at major cooperations, where they have a mommy room, and a few larger breast units. Women have said it was nice to go and relax at work while doing this (instead of feeling stressed). Medela has a few different models which range in size, I recommend a double pump as oppose to a single one, my oldest I had just a single one and it becomes more time to pump bag, etc...Also check to make sure they pump comes in a nice cooler storage unit. Mine were great size and kept quiet cold (freezing) while driving home in the desert heat.

Samira and Jaouad

K3 and AOS

8-13-07: Sent package with I-129F to CSC overnight

9-25-07: NOA 1 recv

3-04-08: Approval Notice Sent

5-15-08:Interview Date

07-28-08:Visa Received (AP Hell 73 days)

08-02-08:US Entry (K-3)

08-05-08: Sent EAD package to CSC

12-07-08: Finally recvd EAD

04-20-09: AOS sent

07-23-09: AOS Interview-APPROVED!

Next file for Naturalization!

.png

and our family keeps growing and growing.....

x5Kpm8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well I don't think hospitals buy a new one for each patient.

Then maybe they use seperate attachments like BL just stated. I did not use a breast pump in the hospital. I bought one.

Many of my friends take their pumps to work and use the mother's room to pump.

Filed: Timeline
Does anyone know or heard about if you rather use breast pumps vs direct breastfeeding does it break bonding between mother and baby?> or is it considerably the same?

my baby is totally bonded to me because of breastfeeding .. but she will suck from a bottle as well which is a very good thing .. we only give her breast milk though .. we found that other milk makes her throw up (infamil with iron)

One of the formulas that works well with breastfed babies is ISOMIL . If you have to switch to formula or just get tired of breastfeeding... You can switch to a non milk based formula and that will help with the throwing up

Timeline
Man...Im in my 6th month and I already have stretch marks (small ones) and I'm pretty uncomfy. My tummy feels sooooo stretched out, its uncomfortable to sit. Getting out of the shower is a b!tch too! Pregnancy is NOT fun, but I know she is totally worth it all!

Wow congrats on being 6 months, you know I thought I was due all this time on Sept 9 and I found out my pregnancy brain is stronger then ever because I am due Sept 3 :unsure: no wonder everything has gotten uncomfortable around here. How are you sleeping at night? For me it is getting worse, finding a position, the baby has gotten so big and my tummy has poked out more and more. As far as stretch marks I already had them, so now they are just stretched more, lol. I have no problem getting out of the shower since its separated from the tub, but getting in and out fo the tub gets harder and harder.

Samira and Jaouad

K3 and AOS

.png

x5Kpm8.png

Does anyone know or heard about if you rather use breast pumps vs direct breastfeeding does it break bonding between mother and baby?> or is it considerably the same?

my baby is totally bonded to me because of breastfeeding .. but she will suck from a bottle as well which is a very good thing .. we only give her breast milk though .. we found that other milk makes her throw up (infamil with iron)

One of the formulas that works well with breastfed babies is ISOMIL . If you have to switch to formula or just get tired of breastfeeding... You can switch to a non milk based formula and that will help with the throwing up

Ill tell you what. EBAY has the best prices on these pumps. You can buy one for the cost that some of these companies are charging monthly for rentals. Often moms start out with great intentions, buy all the gear and just get sick of it. I breast fed my son but I was just too sick with my daughter to breast feed and just felt too exhausted to even pump or deal with it. I was very successful with my son and even hand pumped... I think its important not to make the moms feel like ####### for the choices they make. I think I will be fine breastfeeding this one ....but I always point out that its a personal choice and if you end up bottle feeding for one reason or another you are not a bad mom

Man...Im in my 6th month and I already have stretch marks (small ones) and I'm pretty uncomfy. My tummy feels sooooo stretched out, its uncomfortable to sit. Getting out of the shower is a b!tch too! Pregnancy is NOT fun, but I know she is totally worth it all!

Wow congrats on being 6 months, you know I thought I was due all this time on Sept 9 and I found out my pregnancy brain is stronger then ever because I am due Sept 3 :unsure: no wonder everything has gotten uncomfortable around here. How are you sleeping at night? For me it is getting worse, finding a position, the baby has gotten so big and my tummy has poked out more and more. As far as stretch marks I already had them, so now they are just stretched more, lol. I have no problem getting out of the shower since its separated from the tub, but getting in and out fo the tub gets harder and harder.

I am set to be induced 2 weeks before my due date which is September 15 to the 17th depending on who's counting so you and I may deliver about the same time ( 38 weeks) I need to be induced because my son was 10 pounds 3 ounces vaginally and had a brain bleed ( subdural hematoma) cause he was too big and he got the back of his head crushed and had to be in icu a week

My daughter was induced 3 weeks early and was still over 7 pounds so she would have been another 10 pounder. I am not doing ten pounds again vaginally .. OH HELL NO. No epidural in the world cuts that PAIN> YOW

Timeline

When I was done breasting feeding (before they were 1 year old) I switched to carnation good start formula. They never had any problems in switch to this this brand which provided a few extra proteins for digestion. Now they changed the name to Nestle (I think) I know they have a completely different package too. It was right when the brand came out and infamil was the most popular.

Samira and Jaouad

K3 and AOS

.png

x5Kpm8.png

Timeline

Ill tell you what. EBAY has the best prices on these pumps. You can buy one for the cost that some of these companies are charging monthly for rentals. Often moms start out with great intentions, buy all the gear and just get sick of it. I breast fed my son but I was just too sick with my daughter to breast feed and just felt too exhausted to even pump or deal with it. I was very successful with my son and even hand pumped... I think its important not to make the moms feel like ####### for the choices they make. I think I will be fine breastfeeding this one ....but I always point out that its a personal choice and if you end up bottle feeding for one reason or another you are not a bad mom

Come on you know you want to try it everyone these days are doing it!!!!! :rofl: The doctor yesterday said also around the 37 week he would be ready for my baby to come out (he is funny that way).

Samira and Jaouad

K3 and AOS

.png

x5Kpm8.png

Hmmm sleep? Whats that? Ever since my belly poked out I hardly sleep. I've always slept on my tummy and now I have to sleep on my side which I hate. Add in the fact that I have to pee every hour and I probebly get about 4 hours of sleep per night. However so far, the best sleep I get is on the couch because the back of the couch keeps me from moving around.

We have a shower tub, so just lifting up my legs to get out can be painful. But even with all this, I think the worst part has to be the swelling of my ankles and feet. Up until my 5th month, I had only gained 8 lbs. Between week 23 and week 24 I gained 11 lbs! So total now of 19. My doctor says its all water bcz it happened in a matter of a week. But I can't wear jewelry or shoes nows. I pretty much live in flip flops. So now I know where the saying "barefoot and pregnant" came from.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

JP .....EVERYTHING u are describing is almost like u are descriibing the exact way i felt, symptoms, etc....Must be those darn jordanian babies...

I too slept on the couch from like 7 months on.....it felt better to have the support on my back...Black old navy flip flops became my new "work shoes" and at 31 weeks i swelled up like a balloon....do the doctors think u may be becoming toxemic? How has ur protein and blood pressure been? I thankfully never had issues, I just swelled up for no reason, there was even one week i gained 5lbs in 6days..It was all water weight but it scared the docs...watch ur salt intake...I know it canbe hard with all the arabian food, but, once i started monitoring the salt, my swelling would get alot better...drink plenty of water..keep your feet elevated, they need to be higher than ur heart...and i hate to tell u this, but it only gets worse, try to enjoy it while u can....once zaid dropped (and he dropped very early..like 36 weeks) I couldnt even pick up my feet to get panties on...and it to was hard getting in and out of the shower...zaid was a 9lb whopper tho..so maybe u too will have a big baby girl....when will u be taking off for maternity leave?

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

JP .....EVERYTHING u are describing is almost like u are descriibing the exact way i felt, symptoms, etc....Must be those darn jordanian babies...

I too slept on the couch from like 7 months on.....it felt better to have the support on my back...Black old navy flip flops became my new "work shoes" and at 31 weeks i swelled up like a balloon....do the doctors think u may be becoming toxemic? How has ur protein and blood pressure been? I thankfully never had issues, I just swelled up for no reason, there was even one week i gained 5lbs in 6days..It was all water weight but it scared the docs...watch ur salt intake...I know it canbe hard with all the arabian food, but, once i started monitoring the salt, my swelling would get alot better...drink plenty of water..keep your feet elevated, they need to be higher than ur heart...and i hate to tell u this, but it only gets worse, try to enjoy it while u can....once zaid dropped (and he dropped very early..like 36 weeks) I couldnt even pick up my feet to get panties on...and it to was hard getting in and out of the shower...zaid was a 9lb whopper tho..so maybe u too will have a big baby girl....when will u be taking off for maternity leave?

LOL@darn Jordanian babies!

Well my blood pressure and protein are fine, I just got my most recent set of labs back last week. As far as water goes, I drink a ton. Ice water all day! I don't even touch arabian food anymore, mostly eating lebni, yogurt, eggs. fruit, veggies. milk, and some meat. lots of salads. Before I got pregnant, I would always retain alot of water during my T.O.M., so maybe thats why?

We had a heat wave this last week and that seemed to make the swelling even worse. I know what you mean about putting on panties, that has become a struggle lately and I know its only gonna get worse. As far as her size goes, they think she is going to be small or average because of the condition I have (SUA, single umbilical artery), basically her umbilical cord has 2 vessels instead of 3. Usually there are 2 vessels that send in food and oxygen and one that takes all the bad stuff out, she only has one of each. So she gets half the amount of nutrients that a normal baby would get. However she is fine, she has developed fine and that was their original fear (abnormal development of heart, kidneys, and lungs).

I plan on working until I have the baby, sounds optimistic but our company just got aquirred and I have to get everyone trained on our new systems before I leave. I do plan on taking 3 months of leave though. :star:

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

You pump because you have to be away from your baby, not as a substitute. Some people even pump milk for premature babies to help them. But its really not one or the other. You pump to store milk so you can be away from your baby and your milk doesnt run out and then you store the milk

babies love their momies if they pump or dont pump ...they even love their mommies if they are bottle fed. Somehow all babies survive

I just found out about a baby thats still breast feeding at 8 years old> Well she isnt a baby anymore. I am not sure how I feel about that. I dont judge her but um.. I think 2 years old is my limit for sure. Although I know some 30 year olds that would love to breastfeed.. ( ok I AM KIDDING)

ughh you are so wrong for that lol omgg

I heard its good to breast feed a baby as long as you can for brain development.

I was at a party with friends and family couple of years ago and this 3 year old we were playing with was so cute but he suddenly smothered his face happily in my chest and was smiling I was like wow...he even tried to open my shirt I'm hoping for breastfeeding not something he saw somewhere else--everyone (only friends were there) started cracking up insanely I felt so violated. I couldn't breastfeed an older kid at an age that could walk and go to school.

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

I heard its good to breast feed a baby as long as you can for brain development.

I've heard the opposite. Doctor's say the first 6 weeks are the most important...that's what I plan to do.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.