Ban Hammer

how to keep things from getting ugly

243 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

This is the "hostile" PM. If you find the hostility, please point it out to me.

Is it really necessary to post a million jokes in their own threads? It's really annoying.

It's all about the way you talk about it. I can see why he found it hostile, and why you don't see a problem :P

Oh come on----Charles-you were in the military for 20 years ! ( I think thats what i remember you saying) You call this hostile????? I know you heard FAR FAR worse ( and to your face not on line) there! I know your skin is thicker than taking "umbrance" at a PM!

Before you bash me-I was in the military too.....I heard worse hostility than this in the chow hall-never mind anywhere else( the field)!

I didn't see anything hostile in that PM.

I IS annoying. Sorry-but it is-and I think you know it is!

"You should have the common sense not to spam the boards with shite jokes in like 50 bazillion threads, then take a huff when people say summat about it. You don't like that? Sorry!"--LisaD

I know you have heard worse than what the others have said or what I am saying now--before-don't be insulted.

It's just she is right-it's annoying!

respectfully and thanks for serving in the military-(I am sure thats what you said once)!

M(tmma)

i didn't like the tone of it. but it's resolved now. and i reserve the right to slam dunk anyone else who is terminally annoying in the ignore bin with her.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I never really thought about that aspect to be honest, but I can see your point in that too. Again, I'm guilty as well tho. :( I would hope she knew, due to comments made right on the thread tho, that it really didn't mean anything against her, or any wishes to offend her.

:) M.

maybe she did realize that. :) Or she could have been too embarassed to say how she really feels. Anyway...you are a sweetheart and I know you wouldn't do anything on purpose to hurt anyone's feelings. :thumbs:

I had a convo with her thro' PM a while back...about the thread...she didn't didn't seem upset about it just surprized how it had taken on a life of it's own....

Kool!!! Tha'ts good to hear, because some of us like to have fun and lighten things up. It's not meant to be malicious! :no:

Why are you guys talking about that thread on this thread?! :huh:

I'm so confused! :hehe:

it's called hijacking :yes::lol:

Ahhhh ... I see!!! :D I've never seen a thread hijacked before!!! :huh:

It's a new VJ experience for me!!! WooHoo!!! :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

:D

you are not a vj veteran until you hijacked a couple of threads

Aos sent in.. December 23

Biometrics....April

still waiting on interview date

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Well, I never really thought about that aspect to be honest, but I can see your point in that too. Again, I'm guilty as well tho. :( I would hope she knew, due to comments made right on the thread tho, that it really didn't mean anything against her, or any wishes to offend her.

:) M.

maybe she did realize that. :) Or she could have been too embarassed to say how she really feels. Anyway...you are a sweetheart and I know you wouldn't do anything on purpose to hurt anyone's feelings. :thumbs:

I had a convo with her thro' PM a while back...about the thread...she didn't didn't seem upset about it just surprized how it had taken on a life of it's own....

Kool!!! Tha'ts good to hear, because some of us like to have fun and lighten things up. It's not meant to be malicious! :no:

Why are you guys talking about that thread on this thread?! :huh:

I'm so confused! :hehe:

it's called hijacking :yes::lol:

Ahhhh ... I see!!! :D I've never seen a thread hijacked before!!! :huh:

It's a new VJ experience for me!!! WooHoo!!! :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

:D

you are not a vj veteran until you hijacked a couple of threads

did you get tired of your old screen name dean? :lol:

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wait... was I just called terminally annoying?

AOS

August 30, 2005 - AOS, , AP applications mailed to Chicago Lockbox

September 9, 2005 - NOA's for AOS, AP, (dated Sept. 1)

November 28, 2005 - AOS biometrics - refused EAD biometrics at the same time

December 5, 2005 - AP approved

December 7, 2005 - Infopass appointment for interim EAD

December 12, 2005 - Received EAD card

December 13, 2005 - Received AP

June 14, 2005 - Case Status Inquiry/Tracer

June 19, 2005 - Letter sent to congressman

AOS INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST 8, 2006

AOS approved - August 8th, 2006 - hooray - done with USCIS for now!

GREENCARD RECEIVED - August 18, 2006

Filed: Timeline
i didn't like the tone of it. but it's resolved now. and i reserve the right to slam dunk anyone else who is terminally annoying in the ignore bin with her.

Of course you have the right to ignore people, that's not being challenged...I'm just suprised you'd use it for someone saying 'that's annoying' God, that sounds like such pissing contest bravado here, I'm sorry to say....but seriously she's on ignore? Things are that unyielding for you? Actually you should have appreciated her discretion for trying to tell you privately.

omG

Hell...am I on ignore too? Maybe I am. *shrug*

Edited by LisaD

Timeline

Of course you have the right to ignore people, that's not being challenged...I'm just suprised you'd use it for someone saying 'that's annoying' God, that sounds like such pissing contest bravado here, I'm sorry to say....but seriously she's on ignore? Things are that unyielding for you? Actually you should have appreciated her discretion for trying to tell you privately.

omG

not yet. would you like to be?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have never even taked to this person and I am terminally annoying???

Pot... meet kettle. sheesh.

AOS

August 30, 2005 - AOS, , AP applications mailed to Chicago Lockbox

September 9, 2005 - NOA's for AOS, AP, (dated Sept. 1)

November 28, 2005 - AOS biometrics - refused EAD biometrics at the same time

December 5, 2005 - AP approved

December 7, 2005 - Infopass appointment for interim EAD

December 12, 2005 - Received EAD card

December 13, 2005 - Received AP

June 14, 2005 - Case Status Inquiry/Tracer

June 19, 2005 - Letter sent to congressman

AOS INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST 8, 2006

AOS approved - August 8th, 2006 - hooray - done with USCIS for now!

GREENCARD RECEIVED - August 18, 2006

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Wait... was I just called terminally annoying?

You can't be cause of the Canadian thing, we aren't annoying at all ha ha ha. :thumbs:

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Umm...I think he said he would stop posting jokes on different threads. Whats the deal with the drama? :huh:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

:lol::lol: Seriously..... is that him?? The first time I saw that new member I thought it was just him being silly!!! :lol:

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Filed: Timeline

omG

Hah!

Fill your boots Charles, i'm really not bothered *shrug* Coud you MAKE a bigger deal over this?...sheesh

'Prince' Charles in the house...don't say a disparaging word, he only likes sunshine blown up his butt.

GROW UP!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

:lol::lol: Seriously..... is that him?? The first time I saw that new member I thought it was just him being silly!!! :lol:

i believe it is :yes:

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
I have never even taked to this person and I am terminally annoying???

Pot... meet kettle. sheesh.

:yes::lol:

Somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning!!! :lol: (and I don't mean you laura!)

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Timeline
Umm...I think he said he would stop posting jokes on different threads. Whats the deal with the drama? :huh:

a very good question.

omG

Hah!

Fill your boots Charles, i'm really not bothered *shrug* Coud you MAKE a bigger deal over this?...sheesh

'Prince' Charles in the house...don't say a disparaging word, he only likes sunshine blown up his butt.

GROW UP!

i'm not the one posting on and on about this. and you are telling me to grow up?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *