7/31/08: Received by USCIS

8/06/08: Check cashed

8/07/08: Rec'd NOA for I-485 AOS

8/07/08: AOS, EAD, & AP - Touched

8/08/08: Rec'd NOAs for EAD & AP

8/12/08: Rec'd Biometrics appt letter

8/21/08: Biometrics

9/29/08: EAD & AP - approved!!

10/6/08: EAD & AP - received in the mail!

2/06/09: Received interview notice for March 10th!!

3/10/09: Passed interview - husband's GC approved!!! Woohoo!!! :-)

01/2011: File to remove conditions

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline
My K-1 was approved today!!!!!!!! :D

Today was definitely a day that I will remember forever!

I arrived to the Consulate around 7:15, my interview was at 8:00 am. I was assigned the No. 3 and entered the Consulate until 9:00 am, later they called me to the first window, where they checked my papers, everything was in order... UNTIL the woman (who was guatemalan), told me that I had not realized we needed a co-sponsor, I responded quickly "No, we don't". Later, she started to "explain", if that can be called explain, because she obviously had no idea what the heck she was talking about, that my fiance's 1040 of 2006 did not report enough income, then I explained her that the reason was that my fiance is in the military and was deployed in 2006 and he was exempt of paying federal taxes during that year, but he did file for the forms anyway, I offered to show her a letter signed by his commander, and she refused. I told her, why do we need a co-sponsor, even if you want to believe that he did not have enough income in 2006, which isn't true, he DOES meet the income TODAY, you can see it on the I-134 and his employment letter, she said NO, we need the tax declarations, and then she said: "If he is marine ( I never said he was a marine, so I don't know where she got that from), and did not pay taxes then he CAN NOT BE YOUR SPONSOR" I tried to explain her again, in the nicest way I could, but I was getting really upset at this point, this woman was talking non-sense! I said, so just because he was in the military overseas he can not be my sponsor now? eventhough he DOES meet the requirement today (and back then he did too!), she said.. well if you want to, you can debate that with the Vice-Consul, I'm advising her that your application is incomplete and that you must come back another day with a new I-134 and tax declarations of a co-sponsor! Then she put a big yellow paper with her recomendation on my file.

I was beyond upset! I went back to the waiting room and took a sit for 1 loooooooooooooong hour, I waited and waited and went crazy, trying to figure out where did she got all that ####### from?

When the Vice-Consul called me by my name, to my surprise...she was sooo nice to me! She smiled at me and said hello in spanish, the interview took less than 10 minutes, she asked:

How did you meet?

How many times have you been in the U.S.?

How many times has he been in Guatemala?

Does he speak spanish?

Do you speak english?

What do you do in Guatemala?

What does he do, besides being in the N.G.?

ye

She reviewed all the papers, asked about my fiance's deployment, asked again if he was still in the N.G. I gave her the letter that my fiance's commander signed. She did not ask me ANYTHING about the tax forms! She just checked them and checked the rest of the papers too, she was not saying a thing... and I was starting to get more nervous. And then.. she grab the yellow paper.. and threw it away!!!!! I was soo anxious for her to say something! Then she finally talked to me again. she said: "I will cancel your tourist visa, because you will receive your K-1" I had a huge smile on my face when she said that! Then she said: "Everything is in order, CONGRATULATIONS! You have to come tomorrow at 3.30 pm to pick up your passport and visa and rest of the papers"!!!!!!!!!!! I was sooooooo happy and wanted to get out of the consulate ASAP to call Eric!!!! :dance:

I could not be happier about the approval, but I'm still wondering why does the Consulate has this type of local employee's and does not even mind, about explaining them the rules! And the worst part is that this guatemalan lady, is the same person who replied to an email I sent to the Embassy a long time ago, where she gave me the wrong requirements for the interview (she thought I was applying for residency) I know because I asked for her name on that ocassion after I was aware of her mistake, and today when I saw the yellow paper she filled out it had her name on it too!!!! :bonk: I wonder if the Consulate ever realizes what kind of inepts the have working there!

This is great News Congratulations ! We also got an second interview and we are feeling very blessed. We are having some papers sent via fed ex from our attorney and our original news paper article in case we need them and we hope to attended this apointment on Monday or Tuesday. It was sent by Juarez as another new appointment.. It is great news I am so happy for you have a safe trip home. Chuck and Teresa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Thank you all! :) I have been out of my office the last couple of days so I had not been able to post, but I'm back now!

I picked up my visa on Thursday! :dance: We waited so long for this moment that right now it just feels unreal! I got to the Embassy at 3:10 and picked up my visa around 3:45, they just called me to a window and gave me my passport and the sealed envelope.

Thank you very much for all your support and messages! Eric and I really appreciate all your messages and good wishes :)

For those of you who are still waiting, hang in there! Your time will come soon :thumbs:

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

Timeline
Teresa, congratulations to you and Eric. So happy for you both.

I do hope you will take some time in the near future to write the consulate and explain what happened to you on both occassions, maybe even a copy of the old email, noting this woman's name. I can't imagine how frustrating that must have been for you even if you knew better! It's so wrong that they would give out such misinformation and make the process even harder than it already is. Doing something about it may stop it from happening to someone else.

Have a wonderful trip and welcome to America chica!

Gracias! :)

I agree with you about reporting this person, , I think they will put more attention to it if the letter comes from a U.S. Citizen, so I'm gonna tell Eric to do it.

The same day I had my interview, I met a guatemalan man who had a similar problem! :angry: On thursday, when I went back to pick up my visa, I was so happy to see him there, this woman (the guatemalan woman who gave me a hard time) said his fiance needed to send a letter, explaining why she was a student in 2006, I don't know if that is standard procedure or not.. but he got approved by the Vice-Consul without that letter. We are definitely going to inform the Consulate about it, I can only imagine how many others have gone through this type of confusion because of her!

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.08.2011- NOA Received

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

Timeline
This is great News Congratulations ! We also got an second interview and we are feeling very blessed. We are having some papers sent via fed ex from our attorney and our original news paper article in case we need them and we hope to attended this apointment on Monday or Tuesday. It was sent by Juarez as another new appointment.. It is great news I am so happy for you have a safe trip home. Chuck and Teresa

I wish you guys the best. Keep us posted how the new appointment goes!

Best of luck!

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.08.2011- NOA Received

Timeline
CONGRATULATIONS!

Thank you!!! :)

I love your pictures! Very pretty!

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.08.2011- NOA Received

Timeline

Also.. today is my birthday! ;) So this was definitely the BEST birthday present ever!!! LOL :dancing:

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.08.2011- NOA Received

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!! and Congratulations!!!!!!!!

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

Timeline
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!! and Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Thank you! :)

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.08.2011- NOA Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

CONGRATS!...I am so happy for you!!!

TIME LINE

09/2007 - Gathered all documents for I-129F petition.

11/09/2007 - Sent I-129F

11/21/2007 - Package sent back to me( I forgot to sign one of my G-325A forms) I cried my eyes out but sent it next day delivery back to USCIS.

11/27/2007 - Received NOA1

02/13/2008 - Received NOA2

02/20/2008 - Package left NVC

02/22/2008 - Case uploaded into Ghana consulate data system

04/08/2008 - Packet 3 & 4 sent to fiance

04/16/2008 - Packet 3 & 4 received by fiance

06/24/2008 - Interview date (God blessings on this day)

06/24/2008 - DENIED visa at interview

06/25/2008 - APPROVED visa at 2nd interview with senior consulate

06/27/2008 - Picked up VISA

07/03/2008 - Fiance entered USA at JFK POE & Got EAD Stamp in passport

07/18/2008 - Married

08/07/2008 - Mailed AOS application

Check out pics K&A pics from Ghana: http://missymoet.hi5.com

I was beyond upset! I went back to the waiting room and took a sit for 1 loooooooooooooong hour, I waited and waited and went crazy, trying to figure out where did she got all that ####### from?

but I'm still wondering why does the Consulate has this type of local employee's and does not even mind, about explaining them the rules! And the worst part is that this guatemalan lady, is the same person who replied to an email I sent to the Embassy a long time ago, where she gave me the wrong requirements for the interview (she thought I was applying for residency) I know because I asked for her name on that ocassion after I was aware of her mistake, and today when I saw the yellow paper she filled out it had her name on it too!!!! :bonk: I wonder if the Consulate ever realizes what kind of inepts the have working there!

well, at least you did it!

wow!

congrats!

.png

UURI.jpg

My K-1 was approved today!!!!!!!! :D

Today was definitely a day that I will remember forever!

I arrived to the Consulate around 7:15, my interview was at 8:00 am. I was assigned the No. 3 and entered the Consulate until 9:00 am, later they called me to the first window, where they checked my papers, everything was in order... UNTIL the woman (who was guatemalan), told me that I had not realized we needed a co-sponsor, I responded quickly "No, we don't". Later, she started to "explain", if that can be called explain, because she obviously had no idea what the heck she was talking about, that my fiance's 1040 of 2006 did not report enough income, then I explained her that the reason was that my fiance is in the military and was deployed in 2006 and he was exempt of paying federal taxes during that year, but he did file for the forms anyway, I offered to show her a letter signed by his commander, and she refused. I told her, why do we need a co-sponsor, even if you want to believe that he did not have enough income in 2006, which isn't true, he DOES meet the income TODAY, you can see it on the I-134 and his employment letter, she said NO, we need the tax declarations, and then she said: "If he is marine ( I never said he was a marine, so I don't know where she got that from), and did not pay taxes then he CAN NOT BE YOUR SPONSOR" I tried to explain her again, in the nicest way I could, but I was getting really upset at this point, this woman was talking non-sense! I said, so just because he was in the military overseas he can not be my sponsor now? eventhough he DOES meet the requirement today (and back then he did too!), she said.. well if you want to, you can debate that with the Vice-Consul, I'm advising her that your application is incomplete and that you must come back another day with a new I-134 and tax declarations of a co-sponsor! Then she put a big yellow paper with her recomendation on my file.

When the Vice-Consul called me by my name, to my surprise...she was sooo nice to me! She smiled at me and said hello in spanish, the interview took less than 10 minutes, she asked:

How did you meet?

How many times have you been in the U.S.?

How many times has he been in Guatemala?

Does he speak spanish?

Do you speak english?

What do you do in Guatemala?

What does he do, besides being in the N.G.?

She reviewed all the papers, asked about my fiance's deployment, asked again if he was still in the N.G. I gave her the letter that my fiance's commander signed. She did not ask me ANYTHING about the tax forms! She just checked them and checked the rest of the papers too, she was not saying a thing... and I was starting to get more nervous. And then.. she grab the yellow paper.. and threw it away!!!!! I was soo anxious for her to say something! Then she finally talked to me again. she said: "I will cancel your tourist visa, because you will receive your K-1" I had a huge smile on my face when she said that! Then she said: "Everything is in order, CONGRATULATIONS! You have to come tomorrow at 3.30 pm to pick up your passport and visa and rest of the papers"!!!!!!!!!!! I was sooooooo happy and wanted to get out of the consulate ASAP to call Eric!!!! :dance:

I could not be happier about the approval, but I'm still wondering why does the Consulate has this type of local employee's and does not even mind, about explaining them the rules! And the worst part is that this guatemalan lady, is the same person who replied to an email I sent to the Embassy a long time ago, where she gave me the wrong requirements for the interview (she thought I was applying for residency) I know because I asked for her name on that ocassion after I was aware of her mistake, and today when I saw the yellow paper she filled out it had her name on it too!!!! :bonk: I wonder if the Consulate ever realizes what kind of inepts the have working there!

OMG what a fiasco with that guatemalan lady!!! I'm very happy you received your visa congrats!!! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.