msnino

gotta question...does the woman have to be rich....

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
ok im a new member and learning about the whole K-1 visa thing as i go along . there was sooooo much I did not know (wow!) .but please , can somebody (preferably a woman ) tell me do the woman have to earn as much income as the men (which can be somewhat difficult to obtain)? or are mostly all of the women on this site trying to get their men here well-off or just got it like that (rich)!?! really need some encouraging words right now , fiance' and I are in the beginning phase .Thanks guys!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I don't know your financial situation, but there are really 2 answers here. The requirements to sponsor a person doesn't require a large income, but the fees have become very exorbitant as of lately. I imagine if you are considered middle income it would be a little difficult to cover the fees, but it can be done since you have pay each of the fees over time. If you are under poverty level you will have a hard time both with coming up with the fees, but you will also need to find a sponsor.

Good luck.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
ok im a new member and learning about the whole K-1 visa thing as i go along . there was sooooo much I did not know (wow!) .but please , can somebody (preferably a woman ) tell me do the woman have to earn as much income as the men (which can be somewhat difficult to obtain)? or are mostly all of the women on this site trying to get their men here well-off or just got it like that (rich)!?! really need some encouraging words right now , fiance' and I are in the beginning phase .Thanks guys!!!

I was on government assistance (I'm not now...woooohoooo) when we started our journey. We got a sponsor and it went very well for us.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

This is always a good place to start:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

My husband pays for all the costs, I not sure how much it all really is. My husband has way more money than me, poor guy. :crying:

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

I am not rich by any stretch of the imagination. I would define myself as a middle income person with average bills and debts. I just manage my money and save the amounts needed for the visa/immigration fees as they come up. It would be difficult for someone with a lower income because they would take a lot longer to save the money and have issues with the income requirements.

On the other hand, some women have fiances/husbands that have good money so they can pay for everything. It really depends on what category you fall under.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

i didn't think i needed to be rich when i started this. i'm a freelancer and have always been lower or middle income... since this whole process started, i have been really reluctant to commit to long term work, because i felt at any moment i'd have to go to Morocco. so i've just been making ends meet. and now, here it is... Habibi is coming, inchallah.... and i have to find a good job and a nice apartment and i'm feeling very, very overwhelmed. everything seems so expensive all of a sudden!!! :wacko: i don't know... maybe i was wrong to freelance for such a long time. i do feel a bit over my head, especially because i know he will not be able to work for a while...

i don't know. inchallah, we will figure something out!

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hey flowerchild71, I'm a college student so ah no I don't think the women have to be wealthy. Just take it one step at a time because racing up the mountain can put one out of breath. In this world it takes all kinds.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Other Timeline
i didn't think i needed to be rich when i started this. i'm a freelancer and have always been lower or middle income... since this whole process started, i have been really reluctant to commit to long term work, because i felt at any moment i'd have to go to Morocco. so i've just been making ends meet. and now, here it is... Habibi is coming, inchallah.... and i have to find a good job and a nice apartment and i'm feeling very, very overwhelmed. everything seems so expensive all of a sudden!!! :wacko: i don't know... maybe i was wrong to freelance for such a long time. i do feel a bit over my head, especially because i know he will not be able to work for a while...

I am feeling the same way - I am living in NYC too and making a lower middle class salary(lower class if you ask mawilson - LOL) - it has always been enough for me since my needs are pretty modest(except for traveling to Asia pretty much every year :lol:) - but yeah it is pretty scary. The apartment hunt scares me the most - my credit score isn't the greatest and I have never had an apartment of my own, always lived with roommates. I am also scared of trying to find insurance for Govi - the family plan at my work is too expensive and I doubt if the sort of bodega/stock clerk jobs he is likely to find at first will offer benefits. I am hoping we can find some sort of low premium, high deductible catastrophic care plan. Fortunately he is used to eating dal and rice and veggies so food will be cheap and healthy, LOL

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

I am feeling the same way - I am living in NYC too and making a lower middle class salary(lower class if you ask mawilson - LOL) - it has always been enough for me since my needs are pretty modest(except for traveling to Asia pretty much every year :lol:) - but yeah it is pretty scary. The apartment hunt scares me the most - my credit score isn't the greatest and I have never had an apartment of my own, always lived with roommates. I am also scared of trying to find insurance for Govi - the family plan at my work is too expensive and I doubt if the sort of bodega/stock clerk jobs he is likely to find at first will offer benefits. I am hoping we can find some sort of low premium, high deductible catastrophic care plan. Fortunately he is used to eating dal and rice and veggies so food will be cheap and healthy, LOL

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The USC, male or female must meet the same requirements to sponsor their spouse or fiance. The expenses associated with immigration can be paid in any combination between the couple. If a co-sponsor is needed the requirements don't change with gender.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You don't have to be rich at all - you can just use a co-sponsor.

It's true that the fees are a lot, but you don't pay for everything at one time (except AOS - ouch).

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

.....wow! thanks guys for all of the timely replies! and very helpful I must say . As I said before , we are in the very beginning phase and neither one of us having experience with this before but it helps to hear from women who've experienced all or even some of this . It's also very interesting to see that there were soooo many pursuing the same dream ! WELL guess just have to take DEEP breath and GO FOR IT! (and pray about it every step of the way of course :) really love this man mashaAllah . THANKS GUYS!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.