cookaor2

Your Paris Airport experiences

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

CDG sucks and Delta sucks ! :angry::angry::angry: after flying with delta, air france seemed heaven. try to avoid CDG and delta if you can. thats all i can say....

09/13/05 : AOS papers sent to Chicago

10/05/05 : checks cashed

10/05/05 : NOA 1 in the mail yehawwww !!!!!

11/29/05 : AP approoooooved !!!!!

03/06/06 : biometrics appointment

03/07/06 : touched

01/03/07 : interview letter in the mail

02/26/07 : interview finalllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

AAAPPPRRROOOVVVEEEDDD !!!!!!!!!!! STAMP IN THE PASSPORT !!!!

03/06/2007: RECEIVED GREENCARD !!! NO MISTAKES !!!!!

01/27/09 : I-751 package mailed to Vermont

02/05/09 : check cashed

02/09/09 : NOA received

02/21/09 : biometrics letter received

03/07/09 : biometrics appointment

03/09/09 : touched

03/10/09 : touched

06/16/09 : APROVVVVVEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!! letter from USCIS received

06/30/09 : Greencard received!!! NO MISTAKES!!!

04/12/2010 : N-400 package sent...fingers crossed for a fast approval.....

06/07/2010 : Biometrics in Orlando

08/09/2010: Citizenship interview - PASSED!!!!

08/13/2010 : OATH Ceremony - Finally a US citizen and DONE with USCIS!!!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

The first time I flew into CDG our plane sat off the runway. We did not go to the terminal. Waited and waited until buses came to unload us. Seems they were working on the terminal or something. Well, by the time we came into the terminal and I made it to the other terminal to make my connecting to Algiers, they had closed it. I was livid. So I went to Air Algerie Desk and she said if I would go to Orly I could make the 5:30pm flight leaving from there to Algiers. I bought a ticket for the Air france bus that goes between the airports and rode one hour to orly. They were not sure they could get me on the flight. I was in tears, because I knew Hachemi was waiting for me in Algiers and I did not know how to call him. A young Algerian girl that spoke english, helped me call Hachemi from the airport. A lady in charge finally came to me and said I could get on the flight. I was relived but the experience was a nightmare.

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I have been through CDG, stopped there on the way to & from India. Used Delta(in the US)/Air France(from the US abroad). I hadn't been on a plane since I was 3 years old before that, so I had nothing much to compare it to. I thought the airport was very confusing, but I wouldn't purposely avoid it in the future. The irritating part to me was how far the planes parked from terminals and having to wait for buses to get on/off the planes. Once we didn't have to use a bus when we landed early in the morning, we just had to walk across a long tunnel thing to the terminal.

As for Air France, the only complaint I have is small seats but I think most airlines are not comfortable unless you can afford business or 1st class. From my experience, all the staff were very nice in the planes as well as at CDG. The only grumps were passengers themselves. :P

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Never been to CDG, but I have flown Delta......I will never use Delta again....as far as CDG, well I am kinda wierd I guess I love airports....going to differnt ones and comparing, I just love to visit new places and fly, so I would try it once, but as so many people have said so many negative comments I would also tend to head thier advice.

I-130

03/29/06-Mailed to TSC

04/03/06-Recieved I-130 @TSC forwarded to CSC

04/05/06-NOA1

04/11/06-Recieved NOA1

07/18/06-NOA-2- Approved

02/09/07-CASE COMPLETED!!!!!!

02/13/07-Case forwarded to Dublin Embassy!!!

04/26/07-Interveiw!!

04/26/07- VISA in Hand!!!!

July-2007-Niall finishes work & comes home!!!

We had delays in our journey that were not part of the immigration process, please do not use our "timeline" as an accurate guide!

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

the one thing I didn't like about CDG airport was that you actually had to go out of the terminal and take a bus to another terminal. I was like I have to get on a bus and go where???? hahaha That sucked. I like Frankfurt Germany and Amsterdam for connecting flights to jordan and back to the usa. I was use to denver international, ohare, and atlanta where you just stay in the building or use the trains that transport you to different terminals.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Well, next week will be the second time that I travel to Italy via CDG so I hope nothing goes wrong. From what I'm reading on this post, the renovations are a mess!

Sept. 27: Filed AOS, EAD and AP

Oct. 6: NOA for AOS, EADand AP received, case was moved from the DC office to MSC

Nov. 23: Biometrics and fingerprint appt.

Nov. 24: AOS and EAD touched

Dec. 3: EAD arrives in the mail!

Sept 19, 2005: E-filed EAD renewal

Sept. 20: I-485 transferred to CSC

Dec 20: RFE notice received

Feb. 13, 2006: RFE received in CSC

Feb. 23: AOS approved

well, to the OP, if he can get to Schiphol, I would suggest KLM or Northwest.

Yes, Schiphol is much better. They have nice bars there and cute waitresses, too. :blush:

I agree!!!! Cute Dutch girls.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

To go along with the info I posted in this thread, I should mention I was there in Oct 2003, before the collapse of that newer section they had built. (actually sat in that area for a couple hours during our layover and I have pictures of inside that area, months before it collapsed) I have not experienced it after they fixed it, etc. so my experiences are not recent.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord