9 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Did anyone know that May 1 is the immigration day in US? I sure wasn't aware of it. Hopefully USCIS will lifted conditions for bunch of us to celebrate immigration day :yes:

----- I-751 -----

Mailed to NSC: 04/29/07

NOA: 05/03/07

Biometrics: 05/31/07

Transferred from NSC to CSC: 04/01/08

Card Production ordered: 05/09/08

10 yr GC received: 05/16/08

----- N-400 -----

Mailed to NSC: 04/29/08

Priority Date: 05/01/08

NOA: 05/06/08

1st Biometric date: 05/22/08 - Missed due to work travel

Biometrics: 05/28/08

Interview: 07/17/08

Oath: 08/29/08 : Missed due to my vacation plans

Oath: 09/26/2008 : Hooray, citizen of this country

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As I understand it, the purpose of "Immigration Day" is not for the legitimate and legal immigration that all of us are experiencing now. We all have paid our fees, counted days, had moments of frustrations to get our loved ones here with us. The people of "Immigration Day" want illegals immediate citizenship for bypassing the laws all of us are following. They want an open borders policy that essenially erases all national sovereignty.

I Am My Beloved's, My Beloved Is Mine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
As I understand it, the purpose of "Immigration Day" is not for the legitimate and legal immigration that all of us are experiencing now. We all have paid our fees, counted days, had moments of frustrations to get our loved ones here with us. The people of "Immigration Day" want illegals immediate citizenship for bypassing the laws all of us are following. They want an open borders policy that essenially erases all national sovereignty.

:wow: thats sooooooooo not right !!! :o after all the months/ years it took all of us to get our loved ones here LEGALLY!!! heck no to Immigration Day !

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Further proof that "Immigration Day" is not inteneded for legitimate/legal immigration:

http://www.immigrantsolidarity.org/

On May Day 2008, National Immigrant Solidarity Network is calling for a multi-ethnic, decentralized, multi-topic and multi-tactic national day of mobilization to support immigrant workers rights.

1. No to anti-immigrant legislation, and the criminalization of the immigrant communities.

2. No to militarization of the border.

3. No to the immigrant detention and deportation.

4. No to the guest worker program.

5. No to employer sanction and “no match” letters.

6. Yes to a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants.

7. Yes to speedy family reunification.

8. Yes to civil rights and humane immigration law.

9. Yes to labor rights and living wages for all workers.

10. Yes to the education and LGBT immigrant legislation.

We acknowledges that there’ll be multiple call to actions from across the country to organize May Day 2008, and each coalition will present their sets of demands. We should respects each other organizing and encourage and supports everyone’s issues:

1) Multi-ethnic, Decentralized and Multi-topic mobilization: while everyone will pledge to support immigrant workers rights at May Day 2007, local groups can choose to includes any other topics for their mobilizations: civil rights, anti-war, Katrina, labor rights, health care…., etc.

2) Decentralized Multi-Tactic May Day organizing: We will encourage everyone to organize their actions at May Day, but will let local groups to decide what they want to do at the day: march, boycott, strike, lunch action, vigil, community event, conference or congressional lobby day, etc.Understanding the connections between our individual conditions of life and the lives of people everywhere in the word allows us to come together and organize across all borders. WE NEED to link the connections between: wars in Africa, south America, Asia, Iraq, Palestine & Korea with sweatshops in Asia as well as in Los Angeles, New York; international arm sales and WTO, FTAA, NAFTA & CAFTA with AIDS, hunger, child labors and child solider; multinational corporations and economic exploitation with racism and poverty at home–then we can win the struggle.Let’s all come together, on May Day 2008, to build a new immigrant rights and civil rights movements!

===

in Seattle:

May Day rallies are expected to draw thousands of protestors Thursday, and on the Seattle waterfront, longshoremen may join in.

KING 5 got late word Wednesday that longshoremen up and down the West Coast may not show up for work Thursday to protest the Iraq War.

So far, the local longshoremen’s union has declined to comment about a possible walkout. In fact, a union arbitrator has warned them that such a walkout violates union contract and is illegal, but Thursday is May Day when workers traditionally celebrate the labor movement.

Three separate marches are scheduled for Thursday which could cause major traffic delays – two during the noon hour, and the biggest one is expected to shut down traffic in downtown Seattle for almost 2 hours during the evening commute.

Starting at 4 p.m., it runs from Judkins Park on the north side of I-90 and makes its way down 4th Avenue to the Seattle Center, ending at about 6:30 p.m. Metro warned bus riders to prepare for a major disruption.

An arbitrator has ordered the union that represents dockworkers at West Coast ports to tell members they must report to work on Thursday and not take the day off to protest U.S. military involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan. A wide enough walkout could cause a slowdown at the West Coast ports - the nation’s major gateway for cargo from the Far East.

Arbitrator John Kagel issued his decision Wednesday after holding a hearing by phone with the employers’ group, the Pacific Maritime Association, and the International Longshore and Warehouse Union, according to a document outlining the ruling. The union previously asked employers to clear the way for members to skip out on the day shift to protest the war, but employers refused the request and were backed by the arbitrator last week. Despite that decision, word continued to spread on the Internet of a May 1 walkout by longshore workers and details of protests, including a march in San Francisco.

===

Title: Rouge Forum School Walkouts

START DATE: 2008-05-01 17:00:00

TIME: 6

Location Details:

Throughout the US and Canada: Walkout out of school testing and test prep and join the Mayday protests.

Event Type: Protest

Contact Name Rich Gibson

Email Address rgibson@pipeline.com

Phone Number

Address

The Rouge Forum (www.rougeforum.org) is calling for school walkouts on Mayday throughout the US and Canada--protests against education cuts and the drill and kill routine of school test prep which does nothing but serve as a pipeline to war.

www.rougeforum.org

These are small examples of what I could find. Groups encouraging students to skip class to march and protest or Longshoremen refusing to work or other groups with non specific grieviences to the specific issue does not seem to me very interested in our legitimate/legal immigration experience.

I Am My Beloved's, My Beloved Is Mine.

I didn't know about the so-called Immigration Day. I expect that if the workers at USCIS hear about it, they'll likely think its a day off for them and not show up.

Those things that group says about immigration are wrong in so many aspects. Those of us that have followed the laws and dealt with the delay and frustration of the "legal process" do not want the illegal aliens given a green light towards legal status. I say, if you want to stay here and you are illegal, then you have two choices. Go back to your country and try the legal method or report all of the income you have earned for each year here illegally, pay all the taxes, interest and penalties and after that maybe you'll be allowed to apply for a entry status. But, you of course will need to go to the end of the line and become fully visible and honestly report your income and pay taxes. If the country which is your home has a quota system for allowing its citizens in, then your name will be on that list, thereby removing others from your country from applying.

That seems only fair to everyone involved. Of course this would never fly because that would probably restrict so many honest applicants from ever being able to emigrate to America.

Timeline
I didn't know about the so-called Immigration Day. I expect that if the workers at USCIS hear about it, they'll likely think its a day off for them and not show up.

Those things that group says about immigration are wrong in so many aspects. Those of us that have followed the laws and dealt with the delay and frustration of the "legal process" do not want the illegal aliens given a green light towards legal status. I say, if you want to stay here and you are illegal, then you have two choices. Go back to your country and try the legal method or report all of the income you have earned for each year here illegally, pay all the taxes, interest and penalties and after that maybe you'll be allowed to apply for a entry status. But, you of course will need to go to the end of the line and become fully visible and honestly report your income and pay taxes. If the country which is your home has a quota system for allowing its citizens in, then your name will be on that list, thereby removing others from your country from applying.

That seems only fair to everyone involved. Of course this would never fly because that would probably restrict so many honest applicants from ever being able to emigrate to America.

These immigration rallies draw fewer and fewer participants, and, IMHO, only solidify the resolve of those in opposition. I think they should have one every week!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes - should be renamed "Illegal Immigration Day"

- or how about "criminal alien day"?

2008-01-30 - I-129F Sent

2008-02-05 - I-129F NOA1

2008-06-06 - I-129F NOA2

2008-06-10 - NVC Recd

2008-07-02 - Packet 3 Recd

2008-07-23 - Packet 3 Sent

2008-08-11 - Medical

2008-09-18 - Packet 4 Recd

2008-10-14 - Interview - APPROVED!

2008-11-05 - US Entry - I fly to Toronto 11/5, we drive back to California and get here 11/9

2008-11-18 - Civil Ceremony San Francisco MARRIAGE CERT and CEREMONY BOOKED

Yes - should be renamed "Illegal Immigration Day"

- or how about "criminal alien day"?

Unfortunately, the mainstream media has bought into the myth that there is no differentiation between legal and illegal immigrants. To the media and most bleeding-heart liberals, an immigrant is an immigrant. Oh, and they're not criminals, they're just poor souls in search of a better life.

I once saw an article where someone was quoted as "you can't be for legal immigration and against illegal immigration at the same time. They are the same and you have to support both or neither."

I must admit that the logic of some people completely escapes me.

--------------------

Naturalization Timeline

28 JUL 2007 - Sent N-400 and supporting documentation

20 AUG 2007 - Bank Website indicates check has been cashed

15 NOV 2007 - Received NOA

28 NOV 2007 - Received Biometrics Appointment letter

18 DEC 2007 - Biometrics Appointment

14 MAR 2008 - Received Interview Appointment letter

05 APR 2008 - Interview (Baltimore) SUCCESS!!

14 APR 2008 - Citizenship Oath

17 APR 2008 - Applied for US Passport

03 May 2008 - US Passport Received!!!

**Any comments or advice given by me is based on the circumstances of my specific case, and does not infer an in-depth knowledge of immigration law.**

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.