Coco&Kitten

New Scam e-mail from IRS

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hey guys, I just want to report a scam e-mail that we just received. It looks real, specially for those of you who are not resident aliens yet, but it is fake, so be aware! This is it, and it comes from an IRS e-mail address:

&n bsp; &nb

Dear Sir/Madam,

Our records indicate that you are a non-resident alien. As a result, you are exempted from United States of America Tax reporting and withholdings on interest paid on your account and other financial dealing to protect your exemption from tax on your account and other financial benefit in rectifying your exemption status.

Therefore, you are to authenticate the following by completing form W-8BEN, and return to us as soon as possible through the fax number: +1-(801) 805-0105

If you are a USA Citizen and resident, this form W-8BEN is not meant for you, please indicate “USA Citizen/Resident” on the form and return it to us. We shall then send you a form W9095.

When completing form W-8BEN, please follow the steps below

1. We need you to provide your permanent address if different from the current mailing address on your Form W-8BEN , you must indicate if a non-USA resident, your country of origin to support your non-resident status (if your bank account or other financial dealing has a USA address for mailing purpose).

2. If any joint account holder are now USA residents or Citizen, or in any way subject to USA tax reporting laws, Please check the box in this section.

3. Please have all account holders, sign and date the form separately and fax it to the above-mentioned number.

Please, complete Form W-8BEN attached” and return to us within 1 (one) week from the receipt of this letter by faxing it, to enable us update your records immediately if your account or any other financial benefits are not rectified in a timely manner, it will be subject to USA tax reporting and back up withholding (if back up withholding applies, we are required to withhold 30% of the interest paid to you).

We appreciate your cooperation in helping us protect your exempt status and also update our records.

Sincerely.

NOTE: Do not reply to this email as any reply will not be read by a real person.

David Smith

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Hey guys, I just want to report a scam e-mail that we just received. It looks real, specially for those of you who are not resident aliens yet, but it is fake, so be aware! This is it, and it comes from an IRS e-mail address:

&n bsp; &nb

Dear Sir/Madam,

Our records indicate that you are a non-resident alien. As a result, you are exempted from United States of America Tax reporting and withholdings on interest paid on your account and other financial dealing to protect your exemption from tax on your account and other financial benefit in rectifying your exemption status.

Therefore, you are to authenticate the following by completing form W-8BEN, and return to us as soon as possible through the fax number: +1-(801) 805-0105

If you are a USA Citizen and resident, this form W-8BEN is not meant for you, please indicate "USA Citizen/Resident" on the form and return it to us. We shall then send you a form W9095.

When completing form W-8BEN, please follow the steps below

1. We need you to provide your permanent address if different from the current mailing address on your Form W-8BEN , you must indicate if a non-USA resident, your country of origin to support your non-resident status (if your bank account or other financial dealing has a USA address for mailing purpose).

2. If any joint account holder are now USA residents or Citizen, or in any way subject to USA tax reporting laws, Please check the box in this section.

3. Please have all account holders, sign and date the form separately and fax it to the above-mentioned number.

Please, complete Form W-8BEN attached" and return to us within 1 (one) week from the receipt of this letter by faxing it, to enable us update your records immediately if your account or any other financial benefits are not rectified in a timely manner, it will be subject to USA tax reporting and back up withholding (if back up withholding applies, we are required to withhold 30% of the interest paid to you).

We appreciate your cooperation in helping us protect your exempt status and also update our records.

Sincerely.

NOTE: Do not reply to this email as any reply will not be read by a real person.

David Smith

Thanks for the heads up

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If I were you I'd be very interested to find out how they "mined" (more importantly from where they "mined") your e-mail addy to send you an almost believable e-mail.

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Believe it or not, this has been a frequent scam email type - At my company, we have received them from the IRS, the Dept of State, the Justice Dept, the Dept of Labor - all looking as if a claim had been filed against us, and containing an attachment that we were supposed to open to view the claim. The attachment contained malware. The emails came addressed to individuals, or to our General Counsel.

See here for some info:

http://www.lookstoogoodtobetrue.com/alert/...jury-alert.aspx

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

IRS has already warned tax payers about scam emails. IRS will never email and call anyone. If IRS needs to contact anyone, it will do so by postal mail.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

I would be AMAZED if it REALLY came from an IRS email address, I'd re-check the headers to be sure...

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.