Yomtl

Anyone uses Skype?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi!

My girlfriend and I are using Skype to call each other everyday. Sometimes I call her on her cell phone from my Skype, sometimes we do Skype to Skype.

Here are my questions:

1 - I was planning on printing my Skype calls history as proof of our ongoing relationship....but....Skype history for "Skype to Skype" calls is not available on Skype's website (the only available history for such calls can be found by clicking on the History tab directly in the Skype program, but there is no way to print it. The only option is to make screenshots of that tab and then print them....which can be really long since you have to scroll down through the whole list of calls and create screenshots as you scroll)

2 - The online history available on Skype's website shows the "Skype to phone" type of calls but the dates that are displayed for the calls are wrong (they appear to be 2 days too early ; for instance a call made on April 21 will show as April 19 in the Skype online history)

Is anyone else also using Skype and could provide guidance about these problems and how I could use the history as a proof of our relationship?

Thank you in advance!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2008-01-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-01-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-03

NVC Received : 2008-03-05

NVC Left : 2008-03-07

Consulate Received : 2008-03-10

Packet 3 Received : 2008-03-25

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-03-31

Medical: 2008-04-01

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Yes I do use Skype,

1) We used Screen Prints of the Skype program showing the call log. On windows bring skype into focus select it and then press <alt><PrtScrn> and then paste into Word, or Paint, and then print out.

2) As long as it shows calls made the dates don't matter.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hi!

My girlfriend and I are using Skype to call each other everyday. Sometimes I call her on her cell phone from my Skype, sometimes we do Skype to Skype.

Here are my questions:

1 - I was planning on printing my Skype calls history as proof of our ongoing relationship....but....Skype history for "Skype to Skype" calls is not available on Skype's website (the only available history for such calls can be found by clicking on the History tab directly in the Skype program, but there is no way to print it. The only option is to make screenshots of that tab and then print them....which can be really long since you have to scroll down through the whole list of calls and create screenshots as you scroll)

2 - The online history available on Skype's website shows the "Skype to phone" type of calls but the dates that are displayed for the calls are wrong (they appear to be 2 days too early ; for instance a call made on April 21 will show as April 19 in the Skype online history)

Is anyone else also using Skype and could provide guidance about these problems and how I could use the history as a proof of our relationship?

Thank you in advance!

I could not print them out. Please show us how to print . Where is the screen skype program? Thank you.

Edited by xichdu

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

When you are logged using Skype go to the "History" tab. Or you can also go to menu Call / Recent Calls / View History.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2008-01-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-01-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-03

NVC Received : 2008-03-05

NVC Left : 2008-03-07

Consulate Received : 2008-03-10

Packet 3 Received : 2008-03-25

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-03-31

Medical: 2008-04-01

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

When you are logged using Skype go to the "History" tab. Or you can also go to menu Call / Recent Calls / View History.

hi here is how I print ours in Skype :)

(skype out)

1. Go to skype website... www.website.com

2. Login into ur account

3. View chat and call history

4. Look at the File option in firefox... select print... then click ok to print,,

5. If you don't have printer at home, select print... then click save as PDF, now you can save it in USB or diskette and print anywhere.

For Apple mac for skype to skype calls... incoming/outgoing/missed calls

go to window option, click history... if you want calls from/to your fiance/fiancee only, you can type her/his name in the search history and it will pull up the specific name with the calls... then press apple, shift and 3....

For chat history...

click on contact and select chat history... it will pull the chat history up to 1 year then click apple, shift and 3.

-----------------------------------------

For windows..

The same format but just click alt and printscreen (u can paste on desktop or in MS word)

Hope this will helps

:unsure::blink: So, how much of a history does one need? I have all of our texts form Skype. There 124 pages worth. What is the suggested amount? 5 - 10 pages? :help:

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

To be honest, Yomtl, Canadians don't really have to provide tons of evidence so I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Why not?

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

• 1 month later...

I never had to show one single phone conversation, text transcript or email....let alone a photo.... :blink:

I was kind of bummed...all that wasted paper!!!

I was thinking.."Can you at least look at it? Please? Just for the heck of it!!!" LOL

Oh well.

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
:unsure::blink: So, how much of a history does one need? I have all of our texts form Skype. There 124 pages worth. What is the suggested amount? 5 - 10 pages? :help:

When we sent in our K1, in addition to about 5 photos, we sent 3 emails, and then a printout of just the log covering various points from the beginning of our relationship to the day before we sent the file. I think we did 3 pages total, which included chats from google talk. We also sent in one phone bill from him, and one from me showing the numbers and highlighting the calls.

I didn't go overboard with information, but we had enough I think.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

To be honest, Yomtl, Canadians don't really have to provide tons of evidence so I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Why not?

Because you won't find many Canadians who want to go to the U.S. voluntarily other than for legit purposes like marriage or work.

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.