ccccccccccccccccc

write to the uscis

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Can somebody try write to the director of USCIS,his name is EMILIO GONZALES,I saw on this site that he wrote for ny times how USCIS is busy from last year,how they hired 1500 employee,I have idea that we have to write to him about this web site and he can see how people are not happy how USCIS working ,it is slow for family,and they sad iti is not waiting for spouses and children and we wait,and it so hard live apart.Can everybody write to them,maybe they can do faster process when we write to them .

ccccccc

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

He resigned , I think he might already be gone, if not he will be gone very soon. I wonder how things will go with a new person in charge, either way they have a big job with big problems that they will have to address, and cleaning up the mess that the new fees caused.

EMILIO T. GONZALEZ is about to retire from the USCIS. Writing to the director of the USCIS is a good idea, but like the other tries to organize such an event on VJ have not been completed.

Good luck on your trying to motivate VJers to write.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

By the way, I would take part in a pettition, I would sign one as well as write a letter on how I see the immigration service and the faults that I see with it, heck I wouldnt even mind helping with a cover letter that captures the thoughts and feelings of the people on this forum that would be agreed upon by the forum majority if needed.

Timeline

we can write hier and everybody prints and send to them in USCIS,but send certified letter,not only with stamps,than we can know that they got it.When thay received a lot of complains and letters,they will be doing something ,let's go people,we want to be with our spouses,children,family.Life is only one,and I thought maybe I can write letter to Oprah,who knows,maybe she can help us

ccccccc

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hello There before I got approved I wrote to a few people in the USCIS including the Director, I never got a response. But it's a very good Idea, also you might try the Vice President and President, I actually got a response from the VP

Good Luck!

Nita

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Timeline
Hello There before I got approved I wrote to a few people in the USCIS including the Director, I never got a response. But it's a very good Idea, also you might try the Vice President and President, I actually got a response from the VP

Good Luck!

Nita

do you think VISE PRESIDENT TO USCIS IN VERMONT BECAUSE I BELONG VERMONT CENTER,WHAT HE WROTE TO YOU?

ccccccc

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

tell me where to sign?

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Date Package Received By NVC : 09-05-08

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 09-11-08

-- Pay I-864 Bill :09-11-08

-- Receive I-864 Package :09-15-08

-- Return I-864 Package :09-16-08

-- Return Completed DS-3032 :09-11-08

-- Receive IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Pay IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Receive Instruction Package :09-17-08

-- Case Completed at NVC :10-16-08

Date Package Left From NVC :10-31-08

Date Received By Consulate :11-05-08

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4):11-25-08

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):12/08/08

Date IR-1/CR-1 Visa Received :12-11-08

Date of US Entry :12-17-08

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I just wrote another letter to my senator today!

Ill paste it here. I'm not ashamed. Im sick of this bullsh!t

Mr. Cornyn,

On April 4th I sent a fax to your office asking for your assistance with my wife’s pending visa application. In return I got a canned response a few days later. This letter is to let you know that I am VERY unhappy at the service I received from your office and also the fact that I am very sure you did not inquire into my case at all. I mailed my application last year in December and I even paid for tracking so I know the application arrived at the Chicago lockbox three days later. However, the USCIS states that my application wasn’t received until February 6th 2008. Everything I’ve read in your response to me is what I read everyday on USCIS’s website. I know this because I currently frequent immigration websites and forums. I have already heard over and over about how undermanned the USCIS is and the increase in applications. I have done my home work sir. I know you probably get a large number of requests for assistance since we live in Texas and there are probably a large number of Mexican citizens wanting to immigrate to America through Texas.

I need your help. I need to know what is happening with my case. I have signed up on USCIS’s website for updates. I can see when my application has been “touched”. I have read about other people who applied well after me getting approved before me. If the USCIS would process applications in the order they get them then at least it would give people such as my wife and my family a little better idea of when we might be able to be together again.

My wife is now 24 weeks pregnant. Because she lives in Japan and because we are following the rules and not trying to immigrate illegally, I cannot be there to help her. I need my wife here in America with me. I’m sincerely asking for your help and not another pre-typed letter with only your signature.

I apologize for rigorous tone of my letter but I hope you can sympathize with the urgency of this matter and understand my desperation.

I look forward to your response,

Jeff Krause

Now, I know this letter won't do any good. I'll probably just get another letter from one of his assistants or something like that but the thing is, I am not doing anything anyway. Just sitting here and waiting. So what better to do with my time than to bug the ####### outta someone and make them miserable with me.

Lets give them hell guys.

:devil:

VSC

Sent I-130..................December 24 2007

Recieved NOA1...........Febuary 13th 2008

Received NOA2 approval email........May 1st 2008

NVC

May 6th 2008 : NVC received & case# generated

May 15th 2008 : NVC generated & mailed DS 3032 & AOS Fee Bill

May 28th 2008 : DS 3032 Sent (E-mailed / Auto Response)

June 4th 2008 : AOS shows PAID on website, THEN REJECTED twice

June 11th 2008 : AOS bill finally accepted. Shows PAID on website.

June 25th 2008 : Paid $400.00 IV Bill

June 26th 2008 : IV Bill shows PAID on website.

June 30th 2008 : Mailed DS-230 package to NVC.

July 11th 2008 : Called NVC. Automated message stated CASE COMPLETE!

August 8th 2008: Called NVC and spoke with operator. She stated Sept 29th at 9am is when the interview is scheduled for.

Sept 29th 2008: Wife had interview. Medical exam was about to expire before our flight so we had to get another one. Mailed it in to the embassy and got wife's visa a few days later in the mail.

Oct. 20th 2008: Wife, daughter and myself arrive back in America. POE took a whole 10 or 15 minutes.

Oct. 21st - forever: Happy to be with my wife and baby girl.

Good luck everyone!!! Stay strong and don't give up!

Jeff, Akiko and Mokka Harlow Krause!

2737631017_9d7de3d7bb_m.jpg

Timeline

Good Luck!

Nita

do you think VISE PRESIDENT TO USCIS IN VERMONT BECAUSE I BELONG VERMONT CENTER,WHAT HE WROTE TO YOU?

no I Mean VICE President of the United States... ####### Cheney... His office was very helpful! and Also try the President office or his wife Laura Bush office. I wrote over 30 letters to different people. Also try your local Congressman and senators. But they won't help you until you are pass the 180 days, just FYI

Good Luck!!

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

NVC

Embassy

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

USA

11.25.08 - POE

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hi all,

I have been completely swamped with school this semester (am working on a PhD), but today was my last day of exams, and I can finally get to doing what I’ve been wanting to do for a while: write a few letters expressing my general frustrations with USCIS, namely:

1. Lack of transparency in the process – even the Ombudsman’s Moderator of the K3 conference call (took place 31 Jan 2008) mentioned how the lack of transparency at USCIS has been a persistent problem

2. When will USCIS stop using the backlog excuse? Backlog happened last summer. Haven’t they had plenty of time to recover?

3. The posted processing dates for I-130:

15 Feb 2008: 19 Aug 2007

15 Mar 2008: 30 July 2007

15 Apr 2008: 30 July 2007

At this rate, when will we ever be outside of processing times?!

And, typically once we are 30 days of outside of processing time, only then can we request some type of inquiry on our case….very convenient for USCIS to keep the dates as far back as possible.

4. USCIS claims they follow a “first-in, first-out” policy – but this is clearly not the case

5. Why are 1-129Fs not being approved at VSC? Have they been officially “administratively closed” at VSC? (I am/was planning on going K-3 route, but since VSC hasn’t approved 1-129Fs recently, I guess that’ll force me to be on the CR-1 path – this might be a blessing in disguise though since we won’t have to deal with EAD later and can therefore escape USCIS’s grip faster, etc)

6. Customer Service Representatives – ill-informed and useless, they always say that they can provide no other information other than what you yourself can see on the USCIS website

7. This is just a personal grievance – a relative of my husband was issued an H4 visa weeks before I even received my NOA1 for my I-130 – and we both filed at the exact same time…(just a little bitter that a foreign worker on H1-B visa can bring his / her spouse so quickly)

I was thinking about contacting:

1. Chairman and Ranking Member (and perhaps other members) of the US Senate Subcommittee on Immigration, Border Security and Citizenship

for names of members:

http://judiciary.senate.gov/subcommittees/...igration110.cfm

2. Chairman (and perhaps other members) of the US House of Representatives – Subcommittee on Immigration, Citizenship, Refugees, Border Security, and International Law

for names of members:

http://judiciary.house.gov/committeestruct...spx?committee=4

3. USCIS Customer Feedback contact person:

Assistant Chief

Internal Security and Investigative Operations

USCIS, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW

Suite 7000

Washington, DC 20529

or email: USCIS-COMPLAINT@DHS.GOV

I got this above contact information, from this website:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00048f3d6a1RCRD

4. Ombudsman’s Office – they seem pretty ineffectual, but at least I will inform them of my grievances

As a taxpayer and someone who paid the filing fee, I want to know how my money is being spent over at USCIS, and I want to enlighten these folks as to what this process has been so far. USCIS is in such desperate need of an overhaul….

Good luck to us all!

----

By the way, fantastic letter, Amastar! I hope you get a positive response soon!

Timeline

Mr. Cornyn,

On April 4th I sent a fax to your office asking for your assistance with my wife’s pending visa application. In return I got a canned response a few days later. This letter is to let you know that I am VERY unhappy at the service I received from your office and also the fact that I am very sure you did not inquire into my case at all. I mailed my application last year in December and I even paid for tracking so I know the application arrived at the Chicago lockbox three days later. However, the USCIS states that my application wasn’t received until February 6th 2008. Everything I’ve read in your response to me is what I read everyday on USCIS’s website. I know this because I currently frequent immigration websites and forums. I have already heard over and over about how undermanned the USCIS is and the increase in applications. I have done my home work sir. I know you probably get a large number of requests for assistance since we live in Texas and there are probably a large number of Mexican citizens wanting to immigrate to America through Texas.

I need your help. I need to know what is happening with my case. I have signed up on USCIS’s website for updates. I can see when my application has been “touched”. I have read about other people who applied well after me getting approved before me. If the USCIS would process applications in the order they get them then at least it would give people such as my wife and my family a little better idea of when we might be able to be together again.

My wife is now 24 weeks pregnant. Because she lives in Japan and because we are following the rules and not trying to immigrate illegally, I cannot be there to help her. I need my wife here in America with me. I’m sincerely asking for your help and not another pre-typed letter with only your signature.

I apologize for rigorous tone of my letter but I hope you can sympathize with the urgency of this matter and understand my desperation.

Jeff Krause

Now, I know this letter won't do any good. I'll probably just get another letter from one of his assistants or something like that but the thing is, I am not doing anything anyway. Just sitting here and waiting. So what better to do with my time than to bug the ####### outta someone and make them miserable with me.

The remark about Mexican citizens was not Necessary!!!

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

NVC

Embassy

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

USA

11.25.08 - POE

Filed: Timeline

Mr. Cornyn,

Jeff Krause

Superb letter Amastar .... and you're right, we should give them hell about this.

I'm going to pen something new ..... the expedite for death and cancer was pointless .....

Nita&Assaad, the comment about the Mexicans was not meant in a derogatory way, but more to show that Amastar was aware of high immigration from one main country into his state; therefore possibly affecting his own petition.

Goodluck to us all :thumbs:

Timeline

Well I saw in a different way, I saw something to this remark from him before in a different topic before, and I didn't Appreciate his remark before, and I decide to say something this time!

Thanks

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

NVC

Embassy

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

USA

11.25.08 - POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Jeff,

In REALITY, your case is not taking a long time. It seems to be an average wait time. It usually takes the USCIS and NVC 1 to 2 months between each step going through the process.

Senators and congressmen usually only step in when a person has had to wait an extreme length of time. Not just a couple of weeks or 1 month.

I understand you are frustrated not being able to be with your wife. My suggestion is you take time off to see her as she gets closer to the delivery date.

Or see if she can come here on a tourist visa.

Tina

Filed on December 28, 2006 - Husband had interview December 11, 2007. Had to wait for Administrative Processing until April 20, 2008 to get visa. 16 months total time for visa processing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.