PalestineMyHeart

Official Spurs-Suns 2008 Playoffs Thread

77 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
:P Actually, I don't have a lot of confidence that this year we'll get very far. I hope that Nash's chances aren't going to fade after these playoffs....I want to see him win a championship. He is a class act. :)

A class act ???!!! Don't make me post the pic of him "flashin' the Nash..." :P

I kid. Nash IS a classy guy and a true NBA superstar, and he's been waiting a long time for a championship. Hopefully we can shut him down three more times :P

I see this series going 6 or 7 games -- a very tough opening round for both teams.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
:P Actually, I don't have a lot of confidence that this year we'll get very far. I hope that Nash's chances aren't going to fade after these playoffs....I want to see him win a championship. He is a class act. :)

A class act ???!!! Don't make me post the pic of him "flashin' the Nash..." :P

I kid. Nash IS a classy guy and a true NBA superstar, and he's been waiting a long time for a championship. Hopefully we can shut him down three more times :P

I see this series going 6 or 7 games -- a very tough opening round for both teams.

It's been a strange year in the NBA. Lots of surprises...I thought Denver would have done better with Iverson. The Lakers look really strong...they've really gelled this year...I give credit to Phil Jackson for that.

Timeline
It's been a strange year in the NBA. Lots of surprises...I thought Denver would have done better with Iverson. The Lakers look really strong...they've really gelled this year...I give credit to Phil Jackson for that.

Very strange. We really thought Dallas would've done better, but Jason Kidd has had a hard time gettin' it going with the Mavs. Actually I think Dallas made an extremely bone-headed move in letting Nash and Michael Finley slip away...

OMG Pau Gasol has been awesome for the Lakers.... we may possibly see a sweep in Denver... ooo the game starts in 10 min....

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

With Shaq out of his prime, I don't see Pheonix making it past the Spurs. Shaq slows a down an offensive known for its speed and quick scoring ability. I think Marion was better for Phoneix then Shaq will ever be.

12-14-07 Sent K-1 petition

12-17-07 Received NOA1

01-06-08 Got engaged!!!

02-21-08 NOA2 Approved

02-27-08 NVC processed petition

02-28-08 Received NOA2 in mail

03-03-08 Consulate in Rio de Janeiro received petition

03-21-08 Received packet for interview

04-22-08 Visa Interview and Visa APPROVED!

05-06-08 Visa received in mail

07-28-08 Wedding Date (Reception was 26th, but forgot to reigster for MC...oops)

10-04-08 Applied for AOS (EAD and AP also)

10-09-08 NOA1 for I-485

10-27-08 I-485 transferred to CSC

11-04-08 I-485 Biometrics appointment

11-13-08 NOA1 for EAD

12-09-08 EAD Biometrics appointment

01-08-09 AP Approved

01-13-09 AP Received

Cost of 3 roundtrip tickets to Brazil in last 3 years...... $2,900+

Cost of filing petitions for K-1 visa & AOS.................... $1,465+

Cost of monthly calling cards to Brazil........................$20

Cost of marrying the woman of my dreams.... PRICELESS

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The Spurs need to be taken down. As long as they retain Bowen and Horry they symbolize dirty basketball. I wish either would be dumb enough to try to rough up Nash this year so the Diesel can show them some love in return. Stern really needs to quit preaching about cleaning up the league and then turning a blind eye to the youtube videos of Bowen doing that crazy jumping karate kick thing to players faces!

But Phoenix made a crucial mistake when Shaq and Nash both chased after the same guy (I forget who!) and left Tim open to land that three. Man, Tim took his time too. Terrible mistake there. You could see on Shaq's face too when he turned around and saw Tim was open. I was screaming in my living room ;)

Anyway, I'm, sadly, an Atlanta fan ;) KG and company embarrassed us this weekend =/ I secretly harbor the hope that we'll shut down Boston ala Golden State last year on the Mavs ;) But we all know that isn't gonna happen. This is the year of KG, I think.

04/04/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority Mail

04/09/07 - Petition Delivered to TSC

04/13/07 - NOA1

04/18/07 - Check Cashed

08/06/07 - NOA2

09/05/07 - Packet 3 Arrives

09/12/07 - Packet 3 Returned

11/24/07 - Packet 4 Received

02/13/08 - Interview

02/20/08 - Approved

04/27/08 - POE @ Detroit

05/20/08 - Married

06/25/08 - Filed I-485/EAD/AP

09/03/08 - EAD Approved

09/08/08 - AP Approved

09/16/08 - I-485 Approved

Next Step: I-751

Timeline
With Shaq out of his prime, I don't see Pheonix making it past the Spurs. Shaq slows a down an offensive known for its speed and quick scoring ability. I think Marion was better for Phoneix then Shaq will ever be.

Trading away Marion was definitely not one of Steve Kerr's smartest moves.

The Spurs need to be taken down. As long as they retain Bowen and Horry they symbolize dirty basketball. I wish either would be dumb enough to try to rough up Nash this year so the Diesel can show them some love in return. Stern really needs to quit preaching about cleaning up the league and then turning a blind eye to the youtube videos of Bowen doing that crazy jumping karate kick thing to players faces!

Bwahahhahhaaa the same old whine from the haterz. If you really want to go down that road, I can post some You Tubes on Nash, too. You WISH you could have go-to guys like these:

2ziv6fn.jpg

14mfmsp.jpg

Anyway, I'm, sadly, an Atlanta fan ;) KG and company embarrassed us this weekend =/ I secretly harbor the hope that we'll shut down Boston ala Golden State last year on the Mavs ;) But we all know that isn't gonna happen. This is the year of KG, I think.

I'm with you on Boston -- it's gonna take a lot more than good luck to shut those guys down. Mahmoud picked Boston to win this year's championship last November... but then again he also picked Cleveland to win in '07 :lol:

Now I have a special pic -- saved this for last -- for Steve :)

2mg2onn.jpg

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Timeline
:crying: It's over.

Hellz, last year's series isn't even over -- not for legions of Suns whiners who are STILL crying about it :lol: "Horry and Bowen are dirty.... Stern cheated by following stupid rules and suspending Amare and Diaw.... Yeahhhh the Suns are the real champs, but the league took it away from them. It's so unfairrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" :lol:

:P

Game 3's gonna be CRAZY -- you know the Suns will fight tooth and nail to stay in this, while the Spurs smell blood and will try to go in for the kill. I expect a blistering battle on Friday.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

go Suns

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Timeline

Where Tony Parker happens....

rsvkau.jpg

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

We'll have to hope for a (Red) Soxian-style comeback. :)

Edited by Big Agnes!

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

We'll have to hope for a (Red) Soxian-style comeback. :)

:( This reminds me of the 1994 Suns that fizzled...sending Barkley to Houston. They're going to be scratching their heads as to whether they made the right personnel changes. The Suns have been forever plagued by one wrong trade or missed opportunity.

Tony Parker was awesome and Manu Ginobli was on fire again. It will be hard for Suns to come back. But I think, Boston Celtics will win the NBA title.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Timeline
2naipup.jpg

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

They started so strong. The first half, Phoenix was playing fabulous. The second half, they just had nothing.

I'm not convinced Shaq was the best move. His defense consists of using his ginormous hands to contest shots. That's not gonna get it done against the Spurs.

Parker and Ginobli are more or less not guardable by the Suns, and that's the issue. The Suns are trying to win at only one end of the court. It's not gonna work for Denver, and it's not gonna work for Phoenix either. If they don't step up the defense next game, they are more or less out of this one.

The only comfort I take is in knowing Chris Paul is gonna shut down the Spurs in a week or so ;)

04/04/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority Mail

04/09/07 - Petition Delivered to TSC

04/13/07 - NOA1

04/18/07 - Check Cashed

08/06/07 - NOA2

09/05/07 - Packet 3 Arrives

09/12/07 - Packet 3 Returned

11/24/07 - Packet 4 Received

02/13/08 - Interview

02/20/08 - Approved

04/27/08 - POE @ Detroit

05/20/08 - Married