PalestineMyHeart

Official Spurs-Suns 2008 Playoffs Thread

77 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'll give props to Ginobli for last night too. He took a nasty hit there and just got right back up like nothing happened. Most of the top players in the game flop so well they could win an Oscar.

04/04/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority Mail

04/09/07 - Petition Delivered to TSC

04/13/07 - NOA1

04/18/07 - Check Cashed

08/06/07 - NOA2

09/05/07 - Packet 3 Arrives

09/12/07 - Packet 3 Returned

11/24/07 - Packet 4 Received

02/13/08 - Interview

02/20/08 - Approved

04/27/08 - POE @ Detroit

05/20/08 - Married

06/25/08 - Filed I-485/EAD/AP

09/03/08 - EAD Approved

09/08/08 - AP Approved

09/16/08 - I-485 Approved

Next Step: I-751

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:crying: It's over.

We'll have to hope for a (Red) Soxian-style comeback. :)

:( This reminds me of the 1994 Suns that fizzled...sending Barkley to Houston. They're going to be scratching their heads as to whether they made the right personnel changes. The Suns have been forever plagued by one wrong trade or missed opportunity.

The Suns would be unstoppable w/ Marion. I like Shaq, but he's no spring chicken. It was a curious trade.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
The Suns would be unstoppable w/ Marion. I like Shaq, but he's no spring chicken. It was a curious trade.

Hmmmm... weren't they "stoppable" last year when they still *had* Marion ? But yes I think trading him away was definitely a wrong move. What the Suns need to do is get rid of D'Ant and get a real coach. The Litttle General may soon be available :whistle:

But anyway it ain't over yet -- still a lotttt of basketball to be played.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

I think, Spurs will win the series by 4-2.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

It should be quite a game tonight.

Go Suns! (please?)

Perhaps I'll wear my Spliff Robinson shirt leftover from the 2000 season.

K-1

AOS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Go Suns! (please?)

Suns have upheaval task ahead of them. But I know, they will fight hard. I still predict that Spurs will win by 4-2. I am a big fan of Steve Nash, Manu Ginobli.

But Celtics will win the title!

NVC Process of I-130:

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Go Suns! (please?)

Suns have upheaval task ahead of them. But I know, they will fight hard. I still predict that Spurs will win by 4-2. I am a big fan of Steve Nash, Manu Ginobli.

They certainly look good! I wouldn't mind seeing that.

I'd also like to see the Suns wipe that constant injured innocence face off Duncan.

K-1

AOS

Timeline

I'd also like to see the Suns wipe that constant injured innocence face off Duncan.

LOL what you need to worry about is winning a game. Or actually 4. But I think you have a decent chance tonight.

Anyway come on and admit it -- you WISH you could see that look on TD's face (if only he were wearing an orange uniform !) :lol:

2ds2qf5.jpg

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

LOL what you need to worry about is winning a game. Or actually 4. But I think you have a decent chance tonight.

Anyway come on and admit it -- you WISH you could see that look on TD's face (if only he were wearing an orange uniform !) :lol:

2ds2qf5.jpg

If you made a drinking game out of how many times he shakes his head in apparent disbelief regarding every call against the Spurs (and indeed him), you'd be $#itfaced five minutes in. But his specialty is the wounded look, as if the refs have just run over his cat.

K-1

AOS

Timeline
If you made a drinking game out of how many times he shakes his head in apparent disbelief regarding every call against the Spurs (and indeed him), you'd be $#itfaced five minutes in. But his specialty is the wounded look, as if the refs have just run over his cat.

This has been repeated so many times by certain sports writers (and recited so many times by Planet Orange, who have now beaten out the Mavs Pink Ponies as whiniest fans in the NBA) that it has reached mythic proportions.

But actually, looks of disbelief at refs' calls are fairly common with a *lot* of players. I'd be willing to wager that I've watched MANY more Spurs games than the majority, and most of the time TD simply has no expression at all. In fact, plenty of sports writers rag on him for being so "robotic" and "unemotional" -- strangely enough, sometimes these are very same ones who rag on him when he does manage an expression.

:lol: Haterz :jest:

33uvqyg.jpg

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

This has been repeated so many times by certain sports writers (and recited so many times by Planet Orange, who have now beaten out the Mavs Pink Ponies as whiniest fans in the NBA) that it has reached mythic proportions.

But actually, looks of disbelief at refs' calls are fairly common with a *lot* of players. I'd be willing to wager that I've watched MANY more Spurs games than the majority, and most of the time TD simply has no expression at all. In fact, plenty of sports writers rag on him for being so "robotic" and "unemotional" -- strangely enough, sometimes these are very same ones who rag on him when he does manage an expression.

:lol: Haterz :jest:

33uvqyg.jpg

Actually, Kobe has to be the unrivaled champ of the look of disbelief.

K-1

AOS

Kevin Garnett = New MVP. No more MVP award for Tim Duncan.

Edited by simple_male

NVC Process of I-130:

Timeline
Kevin Garnett = New MVP. No more MVP award for Tim Duncan.

Maybe KG. But more likely Kobe. LeBron and Chris Paul have an outside chance.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Timeline

Wow that was a complete and utter beatdown. With Authority.

In the inimitable words of Sean Elliott.... "Spankin', shellacking, smackdown, rape, total pwnage, however you want to put it. Bruce Bowen was clinging to Lil Stevie like a cheap suit... he had Nash in a straight jacket the whole game. The Spurs really threw everything at the Suns this time, including the kitchen sink."

Tony was.... well....

9gekvo.jpg

"Le Magnifique"

Whoa did you see that shot of Amare just staring up at the basket at the half ? I need to get that pic.

The Suns just fell completely apart under the onslaught. I can't believe how Planet Orange were booing their home team, though -- what a bunch of a-holes.

I smell toast.

2aali5s.gif

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
The Suns just fell completely apart under the onslaught. I can't believe how Planet Orange were booing their home team, though -- what a bunch of a-holes.

I smell toast.

2aali5s.gif

Yep. The fans have changed over the years.

I just hope the Suns don't fire D'antoni - he's the best coach we've had in awhile and I think he can take us all the way with the right squad. This was a personnel change issue. Getting rid of a key component to their success, Sean Marion, was a huge mistake.