PalestineMyHeart

Official Spurs-Suns 2008 Playoffs Thread

77 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

(D'Antoni is a classy guy)

SAN ANTONIO - Nothing but the playoff losses has intensified the talk about Suns coach Mike D'Antoni's job.

There has been no recent discord between him and the front office, other than the lack of a full vote of confidence from management.

D'Antoni met with the media briefly on Wednesday after a team meeting, speaking for only 90 seconds before cutting himself off.

“I'll get with Steve (Kerr) and Robert (Sarver) in a few days and just evaluate everything and make a decision,” D'Antoni said. “We'll make a decision. Hopefully, we go on and get this team over the top.”

Asked if he wanted to return, D'Antoni said, “I'm not going to sit here and explain, guys. I hate to be abrupt but we'll all sit down and talk and evaluate everything and see where we are. I would love to go on but, you know me, I'll keep talking and kill myself.”

Asked if the job speculation was difficult, he said, “It's difficult because we lost. I think it's difficult for everybody in that locker room. We still feel we have as good of a team as they did. We blew Game 1 and after that, we were on our heels. I'm really proud of the guys. I think they played extremely hard. The last two games were exciting and what they should have been the whole time. That first game took the wind out of our sails. That's hard to swallow.”

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/artic...430dantoni.html

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Yeah I read that one too. Of course both D'Antoni and Kerr are a lot classier than Cuban (lol who isn't ?) so if D'Antoni *is* actually on his way out, I would expect them to handle it much differently.

We'll see....

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.