S and S

Muta marriage in Egypt

293 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

Sorry, I'm not voting for Pepsi or Diet Coke, I am truly a Dr Pepper fan. My husband laughs at me when I call it Tabib Filfil (the literal translation for Doctor Pepper in arabic). He didn't get it at first because there is no Dr Pepper in the middle east, but I showed him the bottle on camera so now he gets it when I say that.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
Please, lets keep it calm in this forum or they will lock it up.

she fail to show the evidence which support her accuse.

i think all of you now she is lier and it is shame on her to use islam for personal attack and personal desire. i hope she ask forgivness be4 it is too late for her

where is the brave american mam virtual wife to answer the questions. /////////

?????????

???????????

she better admit she was wrong and aplogize in this time we might forgive her and understand that she was under stress but no more pretend mam

Mohamed, I am not taking sides here. I am just asking to keep it calm so the forum doesn't get locked up. I understand you want to defend your wife. If my husband was on here and thought someone was attacking me, he would do the same. On another site, a guy tried to send me a PM and my husband lost it and attacked him on the forum for trying to PM a muslim married woman. That was an Islamic site so he felt the guy should have known better.

Please, all I am asking is for you to present your case in a calm manner so we can continue this thread.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
Sorry, I'm not voting for Pepsi or Diet Coke, I am truly a Dr Pepper fan.

I C, I once in a while will drink a dr. pepper, but worship at the old mighty diet coke bottle. :whistle:

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Buh bye, Mo. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

lol

Well I think both sides have pretty much presented their arguments.

I'm not quite done. On the other thread, I asked melinda and mohammed a question: Who is in possession of their marriage papers?

the contract is 2 copies one with me and other with her

Mohamed, I would be happy for you to post from the Quran ayat that prove that your unregistered, unenforcable law office nikah is valid in Islam. You have called on me to prove it is not, but you also have not proved that it is, and I would like to see if you can do it. Post from the Quran, not fiqh, where men make the rules for women. Please present God's rules.

Also, Ihaveaquestion asked you about who has the copy of your nikah. Please answer.

It's clear that few of the women here are buying what you're selling, and calling me names hasn't helped you nor stopped my challenges. Try to be constructive and show us where Allah agrees with you.

you better addmit u was wrong virtual wife . it is not shame but the shame when you u know u r wrong and insist u r right it is devile behavior

patiently.gif

....to see Quranic words about this subject. We are all learning so much from this thread.

jJ

u will wait forever jakie lol

Edited by mohamed N melinda

The problems could be avoided if people talked about the principles involved rather than accusing particualar people of having 'bogus marriages' and speculating and injecting their own opinions as to why these particular people have engaged in such a marriage. Education is not about smugly sitting in one's ivory tower and finger pointing.

Conversely, those who might feel threatened by an honest discussion might do well to examine why they feel so threatened.

Edited by Purple_Hibiscus

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
The problems could be avoided if people talked about the principles involved rather than accusing particualar people of having 'bogus marriages' and speculating and injecting their own opinions as to why these particular people have engaged in such a marriage. Education is not about smugly sitting in one's ivory tower and finger pointing.

Very well said !! :thumbs: I agree -- this type of behavior is not conducive to this discussion.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

u will wait forever jakie lol

That's what I was afraid of....so there is no quranic side to these paper marriages?

Jackie

also waiting for the buh-bye party to start

No, there is no Quranic support for the paper marriage. One thing that arguments like Mohamed's fail to consider is that, in the time of the Prophet, he was the arbitor and registrar of contracts. As the ummah grew, others were appointed to share those duties. There was never a time when the contract was not authorized by a legitimate authority.

The development of marriage law in fiqh created schools with differing opinions about what constitutes a valid contract. Fatwas will give you the law, but Islam dictates the morality. In Islam, marriage isn't only about legal mechanisms, how many witnsses, etc, it's about morality. Law without morality is a fascade. That is why the protections for women in marriage is emphasized strongly throughout the Quran, but most specifically in the chapter called Al Nsa - the Women.

As it is, Mohamed and Melinda, knowing nothing about how the law is applied in Egypt, haev a worthless piece of paper. There is nothing besides a lawyer's assurance that it is valid. It is untested in court, the only way to know if it conforms withe law as enforcable is to register it and have it evaluated for validity according to the standards of the regional madhab.

Honorable men give their wives more than material goods and a piece of paper; they give them binding security. From what I understand, the problem with the government barrierrs to foreign spouses has been overcome, yet the contract is still unregistered. Why is that, Mo?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow, just trying to catch up here.

I also am learning alot here. I have asked my husband questions on the entire marriage thing because I really don't know and understand much about it. It is interesting hearing from him after reading about it here. He hasn't come here to read anything, so it is totally unbiased by what is going on in this forum.

I am curious about this marriage contract. Has it been translated in english? If it has, and you have no objections, could you write us the basics? Leaving out of course the personal details. If you would rather not I understand.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

Very well said !! :thumbs: I agree -- this type of behavior is not conducive to this discussion.

If you're focusing on the facts rather than the drama, there is no problem. For the drama oriented, I advise taking the thread at a pace. For the intellectually minded, we are learning.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

when u talk talk about islamic view non of your busniess what law in egypt say even our contract we can register it

talk by quraan and sunnah and hadith

or say nothing

i think u got lost

There is a problem and outsiders can see it very well. Rather than keeping to facts, you keep interjecting references to a particular marriage. That they continue to react to your jibes is regretable because that is the only thing that is keeping steam pouring out of this kettle.

You have very definintly just accused Mohamed of not being an honerable man, that is indefencable if you are trying to educate as apposed to berate.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline
There is a problem and outsiders can see it very well. Rather than keeping to facts, you keep interjecting references to a particular marriage. That they continue to react to your jibes is regretable because that is the only thing that is keeping steam pouring out of this kettle.

You have very definintly just accused Mohamed of not being an honerable man, that is indefencable if you are trying to educate as apposed to berate.

This is a discussion about what constitutes a valid marriage in Islam. Unless you have a substantive contribution to make about this subject, you are merely creating drama.

Edited by Virtual wife

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.