S and S

Muta marriage in Egypt

293 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

I am going to move this topic away from the thread "non-muslims married to muslim MENA" so we can continue this conversation without disturbing the original topic. Sorry Rocketta that we went so far off topic.

Anyway, as far as "Muta marriage" goes. I will have to do some research and study before I can come to my own conclusions. One question I have for those who did these marriages is how exactly you went about it and what were the stipulations of the contract. It would help me greatly to understand what this kind of marriage is and how it works. I would appreciate any feedback you give.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if the PRE MARRIAGE has so many complications,,,

forget about it.... jeeze...

not rocket science

9/2006 Met in Sweden

2/2007 Began Dating in Holland

11/24/2007 Married (nairobi)

Clerk wedding 12/14/2007 (nairobi)

12/21/2007 Filed DCF

2/13/2008 Interview 221g

Waiting

3/26/2008 Approved

3 months 6 days from filing to approval including 221g AP.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Sunni misyar is not a marriage until it is registered and becomes legal or the contract is declared valid in court. In street venacular, it's known as "fukking papers" because that is the more common use for it.

PS - Nikah means "sexual intercourse" and the nikah contract is a means of validating sexual contact between a male and female. Some have become quite literal about the purpose of the nikah and are trying to legitimize in Sunni Islam the use of the nikah contract to justify sexual contract without the baggage that goes with legal marriage.

Edited by Virtual wife

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Sunni misyar is not a marriage until it is registered and becomes legal or the contract is declared valid in court. In street venacular, it's known as "fukking papers" because that is the more common use for it.
i know u didnt just say that! Somebody really needs to pray for you!

Timeline
i know u didnt just say that! Somebody really needs to pray for you!

Sorry, I don't spend time wrapped up in emotion. I prefer to deal in reality, and give honest information. If you read the Sunnah, you would see that Islam and the early ummah was not shy about sexual matters.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

What I am interested in is exactly what happens in "Sunni misyar". What is written down, how does it work, that sort of thing.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Timeline

In context of Muslim history, this type of marriage was reserved for women who were considered to be of a lessor type - a slave or a captive. In fiqh, the dowries of women are determined by their sexual value. For example, virgins were alloted more dower than a slave or divorcee. In current day, it is considered to be socially unacceptable, but there are scholars who consider misyar to be Islamically valid, even tho they also admit that it reduces marriage to sexual contact. It is the kind of marriage undertaken by men without the means to marry a more "socially worthy" woman.

Edited by Virtual wife

Timeline

PS - The parties give up many of the rights and responsibilites that are inherent in marriage, such as an expectation of inheritance, daily maintenance, and the right to initiate divorce. Sunni misyar is invalidated by the inclusion of an expiration date for the union, but the Shafi’i madhab allows validity of a marriage even if one or both parties has no intent to remain in the marriage when they marry. It is marriage-lite, and reduces the obligations and expectations one may have in a normal Islamic marriage. Sometimes, they are conducted in secret.

Of course, under the regional Islamic courts, the actual nikah provisions will vary from place to place, as will the acceptance of such a union within the community. The burden of social rejection is mostly borne by the women.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:lol::lol::yes: hahahaha typical virtual wife ignorant and just spread wrong information

you know it is waste my time to read your posting and answer it

old mam like you just keep home praying and ask forgivness for what she did allover her life. and after all she still think about her sexual desires and looking for younger strong man to staisfy her

and oh please dont pretend to be angel good muslim while you arenot and show your ugly old face thats all i can say about you . and by sorry i see some new muslim believe her lie about islam it is very sad . but Allah know best

dont you know by marrying non muslim man u admmit shirk and u should say shahada again

i wish you do before you die cause i really wish you die muslim not mushrika .

Timeline

QUOTE(S and S @ Apr 19 2008, 07:17 AM)

I know you addressed Jen, but this post was very helpful to me. I have a friend who is muslim and married to a Christian. She is convinced she is living in sin but can't leave her husband because she loves him so much and knows he is a good Christian man. She wants to have children but she is afraid that it will only add to her sin. I will pass this information to her in the hopes it helps her and comforts her.

you can do what you want and pass those wrong information to her to make her feel comfots as you say . but just know you will be sharing her in sin

quraan is clear and complete and for youe knowledge as new muslim some ayats of quran not any muslim can understand it or explained it . you need some one to help you to understand the right meaning and explaining of it by some shiekh not one explain due to thier personal desire if your hubby is muslim please ask him to explain it for or he can ask some certain shiekh about it. by sorry i am not perfect in english to explain islamic to you in arabic yes i can

Edited by mohamed N melinda

Timeline

اج المتعة هو الزواج الذي يقصد به الطرفان الاستمتاع الجسدي بينهما فترة محددة من الزمان، وهذا النوع من النكاح قد كان موجودا في الجاهلية.

فلما جاء الإسلام تدرج في إلغائه كعادته في فطام النفس عن مألوفاتها كالخمر، فجلعله الإسلام جائزا في نطاق ضيق يصل إلى حد الضرورة، وذلك أثناء سفر الرجال في الغزوات الطويلة، وعدم صبرهم عن النساء فأباح لهم المتعة في هذا الظرف الطاريء.

ثم أعلن الرسول صلى الله عليه وسلم الكلمة الأخيرة فيه فحرمه في كل الأحوال.

وظل سيدنا عبدالله بن عباس يجيزه في حالات الضرورة فلما رأى أن الناس أساؤوا تطبيق فتواه تابع بقية الصحابة على تحريمه في كل الأحوال، فغدا نكاح المتعة حراما إلى الأبد.

وهذا ما أفتى به الشيخ الدكتور يوسف القرضاوي، وإليك نص فتواه :-

الزواج في الإسلام عقد متين وميثاق غليظ، يقوم على نية العشرة المؤبدة من الطرفين لتتحقق ثمرته النفسية التي ذكرها القرآن -من السكن النفسي والمودة والرحمة- وغايته النوعية العمرانية من استمرار التناسل وامتداد بقاء النوع الإنساني (والله جعل لكم من أنفسكم أزواجا وجعل لكم من أزواجكم بنين وحفدة) سورة النحل:72.

أما زواج المتعة، وهو ارتباط الرجل بامرأة لمدة يحددانها لقاء أجر معين، فلا يتحقق فيه المعنى الذي أشرنا إليه. وقد أجازه الرسول صلى الله عليه وسلم قبل أن يستقر التشريع في الإسلام. أجازه في السفر والغزوات، ثم نهى عنه وحرمه على التأبيد.

وكان السر في إباحته أولا أن القوم كانوا في مرحلة يصح أن نسميها (فترة انتقال) من الجاهلية إلى الإسلام؛ وكان الزنى في الجاهلية ميسرا منتشرا. فلما كان الإسلام، واقتضاهم أن يسافروا للغزو والجهاد شق عليهم البعد عن نسائهم مشقة شديدة، وكانوا بين أقوياء الإيمان وضعفاء؛ فأما الضعفاء، فخيف عليهم أن يتورطوا في الزنى، أقبح به فاحشة وساء سبيلا.

وأما الأقوياء فعزموا على أن يخصوا أنفسهم، أو يجبوا مذاكيرهم كما قال ابن مسعود: "كنا نغزو مع رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم وليس معنا نساء فقلنا: ألا نستخصي؟ فنهانا رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم عن ذلك، ورخص لنا أن ننكح المرأة بالثوب إلى أجل".

وبهذا كانت إباحة المتعة رخصة لحل مشكلة الفريقين من الضعفاء والأقوياء، وخطوة في سير التشريع إلى الحياة الزوجية الكاملة، التي تتحقق فيها كل أغراض الزواج من إحصان واستقرار وتناسل، ومودة ورحمة، واتساع دائرة العشيرة بالمصاهرة.

وكما تدرج القرآن بهم في تحريم الخمر وتحريم الربا -وقد كان لهما انتشار وسلطان في الجاهلية- تدرج النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم بهم كذلك في تحريم الفروج. فأجاز عند الضرورة المتعة ثم حرم النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم هذا النوع من الزواج. كما روى ذلك عنه علي، وجماعة من الصحابة رضي الله عنهم. ومن ذلك ما أخرجه مسلم في (صحيحه) عن سبرة الجهني "أنه غزا مع النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم في فتح مكة، فأذن لهم في متعة النساء. قال: فلم يخرج حتى حرمها رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم"، وفي لفظ من حديثه: "وإن الله حرم ذلك إلى يوم القيامة".

ولكن هل هذا التحريم بات كزواج الأمهات والبنات أو هو تحريم مثل تحريم الميتة والدم ولحم الخنزير، فيباح عند الضرورة وخوف العنت؟

الذي رآه عامة الصحابة أنه تحريم بات حاسما لا رخصة فيه بعد استقرار التشريع. وخالفهم ابن عباس فرأى أنها تباح للضرورة. فقد سأله سائل عن متعة النساء فرخص له فقال له مولى له: إنما ذلك في الحال الشديد، وفي النساء قلة أو نحوه؟ قال ابن عباس: نعم.

ثم لما تبين لابن عباس رضي الله عنه أن الناس توسعوا فيها ولم يقتصروا على موضع الضرورة، أمسك عن فتياه ورجع عنها

Timeline

المسيار عقد نكاح كسائر عقود النكاح، لا فرق بينه وبينها في حقيقة العقد، ولا في أركانه وشروطه، وإنما يفترقان في بعض متعلقات العقد، وذلك بتنازل أحد طرفي العقد عن بعض حقوقه المشروعة، ووجه ذلك أن المرأة في نكاح المسيار تتنازل عن بعض حقوقها على زوجها؛ فهي تتنازل عن حقها في النفقة والمبيت بحيث لا يلتزم الزوج بالنفقة عليها ولا المبيت عندها، والإنسان كما يجوز له المطالبة بحقوقه الخاصة به، فإنه يجوز له أن يتنازل عنها أو عن بعضها، وبما أن نكاح المسيار لا يختلف عن غيره من عقود النكاح في الماهية، وإنما يختلف عنها في إسقاط بعض الحقوق؛ فإن كتب الفقه التي تناولت عقد النكاح عموماً تعد من المراجع والكتب التي تتحدث عن نكاح المسيار، وذلك عندما يتعرض مؤلفوها لحقوق الزوج على زوجته وحقوق الزوجة على زوجها، وما يجوز إسقاطه من هذه الحقوق وما لا يجوز ونحو ذلك، ومن الكتب المؤلفة فيما يتعلق بنكاح المسيار بخصوصه كتاب: (زواج المسيار دارسة فقهية واجتماعية نقدية) لعبد الملك بن يوسف المطلق. والله الموفق، وصلى الله وسلم على نبينا محمد وآله وصحبه.

Timeline

If the customary marriage fulfils the conditions and pillars of a correct marriage contract, such as the consent of the guardian, the presence of two witnesses, the proposal and acceptance (between the husband and the wife), and making the marriage public, then it is a correct marriage contract. The only difference is that this marriage is not authenticated in the court, and it is permissible (acceptable). However, the secret marriage which takes place between a man and a woman without fulfilling the above conditions, is not considered a legal marriage, rather it is an illegal relationship for which the man and the woman are sinful.

Timeline

Zawaj al-Misyar ( a kind of marriage) has two forms: 1) Zawaj al-Misyar means contracting a marriage between a man and woman. This contract meets all conditions of normal marriage such as presence of woman's guardian and two honest witnesses. But, as for rights of housing and financial support, a husband is not responsible for them all, since his wife will live in her own home, where he comes to her as a husband. In addition, she is requested to provide for her own needs.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.