K1inCincy

My hardest post yet... Our last night together

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey K1inCincy,

Believe me, I totally know how you feel. I have been fortunate enough to be able to spend nine out of the past 12 months with my fiance, and it is the greatest thing ever. You get used to waking up next to them every morning, being with them 24/7 and just overall having them be a part of your daily life. Then one day you realize you have one week left until you have to go back home, then finally when that crappy day does come it seems like all the time you guys just spent together went by too quickly. I left her country on March 26th, and it sucks being away from her and only being able to talk on the phone.

I totally know how you feel and it's painful as ****, but yes you are right, we all have to remember that we'll get through it, and that we can all look back on this and laugh...

I don't have a child I have to leave behind like you, but I can imagine that would be very hard as well.

So yea, keep your head up and soon this will all be over for you. What part of the process are you on?

This will be my last post here in Calgary. Tomorrow morning I leave my baby and fiancee. My heart is broken right now. It has been four wonderful months together. I saw my baby being born and woke up every morning next to Portia and my daughter Miyah. This K-1 process has to be one of the hardest things to go through. After tomorrow Portia and I are back to phone calls and emails. The only thing we know is that one day this will be over with, but that one day can't come fast enough. So everyone who reads this...It's tough...very tough, but love...if it is true and strong can survive anything! I don't want to sound corny, but thanks to everyone who has read my post and replied back. It really means a lot to have support. God bless.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hey K1inCincy,

Believe me, I totally know how you feel. I have been fortunate enough to be able to spend nine out of the past 12 months with my fiance, and it is the greatest thing ever. You get used to waking up next to them every morning, being with them 24/7 and just overall having them be a part of your daily life. Then one day you realize you have one week left until you have to go back home, then finally when that crappy day does come it seems like all the time you guys just spent together went by too quickly. I left her country on March 26th, and it sucks being away from her and only being able to talk on the phone.

I totally know how you feel and it's painful as ****, but yes you are right, we all have to remember that we'll get through it, and that we can all look back on this and laugh...

I don't have a child I have to leave behind like you, but I can imagine that would be very hard as well.

So yea, keep your head up and soon this will all be over for you. What part of the process are you on?

This will be my last post here in Calgary. Tomorrow morning I leave my baby and fiancee. My heart is broken right now. It has been four wonderful months together. I saw my baby being born and woke up every morning next to Portia and my daughter Miyah. This K-1 process has to be one of the hardest things to go through. After tomorrow Portia and I are back to phone calls and emails. The only thing we know is that one day this will be over with, but that one day can't come fast enough. So everyone who reads this...It's tough...very tough, but love...if it is true and strong can survive anything! I don't want to sound corny, but thanks to everyone who has read my post and replied back. It really means a lot to have support. God bless.

Thanks you so much. We are waiting for our NOA2. Hopefully soon.

I know just how you feel bro, my wife and I gave birth to our first son in Jan and after about a month and a half i had to return to the states, best case scenario we'll be re-united as a family in June or July I know its hard I miss both of them...I REALLY miss my wife but I miss and MISS OUT on all of my sons firsts so far, anyways I know we'll be together soon and that ill make up for it later but its hard for now I feel for you really man I do Take care and just know when ur together all will be worth it!!! take it easy

Wow we are in the same boat. I got lucky to have Portia all ready in Canada. She was going to go back to the Philippines, but the lawyer said it would be quicker in Canada. Anyway thanks for the post and good luck. My prayers are with you hoping for a fast process!

Timeline

Well everyone I am back in Ohio. I have never cried so hard or felt so helpless and heart broken. I am so thankful for this forum and all of you on it. Thanks to all of you, and everyday when I pray for our case I also pray for all my fellow VJ'ers cases as well. God bless all of you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Just remember....every day that passes, you are one day closer to being with your family!

I am sure the separation is tough, but if it's any consolation, "leaving" seems to be the most heart-wrenching...and next time you are together, you'll be reuniting! Good luck!

Well everyone I am back in Ohio. I have never cried so hard or felt so helpless and heart broken. I am so thankful for this forum and all of you on it. Thanks to all of you, and everyday when I pray for our case I also pray for all my fellow VJ'ers cases as well. God bless all of you!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

01-04-2008 - I-129F Sent

01-09-2008 - I-129F NOA1

03-05-2008 - I-129F NOA2

04-08-2008 - Medical Exam

04-17-2008 - Interview!!!

04-22-2008 - VISA IN HAND!

05-02-2008 - U.S. Entrance

06-14-2008 - MARRIAGE!

Phase 2....

06-19-2008 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06-26-2008 - AOS/EAD/AP NOA1

07-19-2008 - Biometrics

07-22-2008 - Transferred to CSC!

07-28-2008 - Email from CRIS confirming CSC received case

08-25-2008 - Received AP in the mail (NO STATUS CHANGE OR CRIS EMAIL)

08-29-2008 - Received EAD card in the mail (NO STATUS CHANGE OR CRIS EMAIL)

09-22-2008 - Received Email from CRIS for I-485 "CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!"

09-27-2008 - Received Green Card in the mail!

Phase 3....

06-29-2010 - Sent I-751 and package to Remove Conditions

07-06-2010 - NOA1

08-24-2010 - Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

'This will be my last post here in Calgary. Tomorrow morning I leave my baby and fiancee. My heart is broken right now. "

What for? Are you going off too war? For me, that wasn't a bad thing leaving my sweetheart, we were young and we both changed considerably after five years, no longer had an interest in each other.

Family or in-law problems? I don't know how to deal with that.

Immigration problems? If her I-94 is expired, get it extended, get a good immigration attorney and get your I-130 and her I-485 sent in, if that is the case, not sure who is leaving who. Once that is sent in, you or her are here legally, again no details, just moaning. There is no immigration reason why you two should be apart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I hope all goes well and your NOA2 comes quick!

just remember that was your last long term goodbye and the next time you see them you don't have an end to the time your together.

flag45.gif Damian & Kelly 1502.gif

Rugby, England >> Harrisburg, PA.

Summer 2005 -- Met on Pokerstars.com

June 15th, 2006 -- Met in Person

Feb 1st, 2008 -- Filed I-129F

May 2nd, 2008 -- Visa Interview = Approved. (91days)

May 27th, 2008 -- Damian moves to America!

July 23rd - 30th, 2008 -- Damian's Mum Comes to the US for our wedding.

July 25th, 2008 -- Wedding Day!

March 16th, 2009 -- AOS Sent

May 8th, 2009 -- EAD & AP Approved (51days)

July 14th, 2009 -- AOS Approved!! (118days)

July 21st, 2009 -- Green Card Received (125days)

No RFEs the whole process :) All done myself.

December 4th - 30th, 2009 -- Visited England

April 8th - 30th, 2010 -- Damian's Brother visits us here in PA.

January 19th, 2010 -- Damian got his PA license.

December 10th - 19th, 2010 -- Visited England

September 16th - 30th, 2011 -- Damian's Parents came to visit us here in PA.

June 1st, 2011 -- Mailed ROC to Vermont.

February 21st, 2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

April 14th, 2012 -- N-400 Sent to Dallas Lockbox

November 26th, 2012 – Damian Became a US Citizen!!!

I feel for you.

However, look at the positive side. If it gets too unbearable, just meet up in toronto or somewhere closer to ohio!! Many people dont have this option!!

9/2006 Met in Sweden

2/2007 Began Dating in Holland

11/24/2007 Married (nairobi)

Clerk wedding 12/14/2007 (nairobi)

12/21/2007 Filed DCF

2/13/2008 Interview 221g

Waiting

3/26/2008 Approved

3 months 6 days from filing to approval including 221g AP.

It is always very hard to leave a loved one! I know what your going through hang in there! Just recently came back from russia less then a week ago! Was there for over 2 months with my fiancee! Was so hard to leave! This was the second time I had to do this the first time was harder because I did not know when I would see her again! When I left this time I knew are interview date! Just stay busy and call them alot you can even text people 2 from different countries!

Take care

Hope everything works out

THAT WHICH DOES NOT KILL US ,ONLY MAKES US STRONGER!!!!!!

God Bless you and your family. Soon, this is only a temporpary inconveince. You can handle this, you will be able to handle anything. Think of it this way, there are many people who are alone out there who would change places with us in our situations of being apart from our loved ones and our heart aches just so they can have a loved one and a family. We are the lucky ones, we are not alone. We on this forum to have such wonderful people in our lives, even though we are apart now, it wont be long and we will be with our loved ones.

My very best toyou and your family.

Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I know what you're going through. I was away from my husband for 9 months, delivered my daughter on my own. I'm also from Ohio, but have been living in England since last couple months so my daughter can get to know her father. My husband's visa is still in-process.

Best wishes for you and your family!

Iram

Timeline
'This will be my last post here in Calgary. Tomorrow morning I leave my baby and fiancee. My heart is broken right now. "

What for? Are you going off too war? For me, that wasn't a bad thing leaving my sweetheart, we were young and we both changed considerably after five years, no longer had an interest in each other.

Family or in-law problems? I don't know how to deal with that.

Immigration problems? If her I-94 is expired, get it extended, get a good immigration attorney and get your I-130 and her I-485 sent in, if that is the case, not sure who is leaving who. Once that is sent in, you or her are here legally, again no details, just moaning. There is no immigration reason why you two should be apart.

Dude I don't really know what you are talking about. If you notice this is in the K-1 section so it has to be a K-1 visa and I do have a timeline if you are concerned to know my process. I had to leave Canada because my passport time was up and I had to go back to work. I'm not moaning and I'm sorry you see it that way. Also if you knew how to read it say's "I am leaving Calgary for Ohio".

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We've all been there. Some of us have not even had the opportunity of spending that much time with our fiances. You are very lucky.

Hang in there. It will be over soon.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
We've all been there. Some of us have not even had the opportunity of spending that much time with our fiances. You are very lucky.

Hang in there. It will be over soon.

You have a good point. I have been very lucky and fortunate to have Portia in Canada as opposed to her home in the Philippines, and also to be able to be there with her for four months. Thanks for the support Jomo's Girl.

I have received a few private messages that I would like to address here in the forum. I am in no way shape or form saying I have it worse than anyone else or asking for pitty. I am not here whining or crying seeking people to feel sorry for me. I simply thought that in this forum we can post what we are going through and how we feel. Also that we can share and comfort each other like a sort of support group. So I am sorry for those who find my post as whining and crying. I will use this information now for future post.

Edited by K1inCincy

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Well, just to say that Cincy isn't too far from Columbus, so as a fellow Ohioan, I can completely relate.

It was the hardest thing I ever did in my life to walk away from Sarah at the airport. I spent most of my flight home buried nose first in a book just keep try to keep my mind off it. That was two weeks ago, and it is unbearably hard. Some days my heart just breaks, and I still feel as though I left my home when I got back...

I want to say your daughter is gorgeous! And I hope you can find some peace through this very difficult time...keep your faith, and know that it will one day be over, and you and yours will look back at this and laugh and know you can get through anything!

And don't worry about anyone who says you're crying and whining. You left your other half and your baby girl!!!! I'm fairly new here, but should you ever want to chat don't hesitate to ask! Us Ohioans have to stick together eh? :)

K1 Visa Process:

I-129F Sent : 2008-05-23

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-05-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-10-01

NVC Received : 2008-10-03

NVC Left : 2008-10-21

Consulate Received : 2008-10-24

Packet 3 Received : 2008-11-06

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-11-10

Packet 4 Received : 2008-12-04

Interview Date : 2009-01-13 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

Visa Received : 2009-01-19

US Entry : 2009-02-11

AOS:

Date Filed : 2009-04-14

NOA Date : 2009-04-20

Bio. Appt. : 2009-04-30

AOS Transfer: 2009-05-06

Approval / Denial Date : 2009-08-07 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Greencard Received: 2009-08-21

ROC:

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2011-07-22

NOA Date : 2011-07-25

Bio. Appt. : 2011-08-25

Approved : 2011-10-21 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Green Card Received : 2011-10-26

event.png

Timeline
Well, just to say that Cincy isn't too far from Columbus, so as a fellow Ohioan, I can completely relate.

It was the hardest thing I ever did in my life to walk away from Sarah at the airport. I spent most of my flight home buried nose first in a book just keep try to keep my mind off it. That was two weeks ago, and it is unbearably hard. Some days my heart just breaks, and I still feel as though I left my home when I got back...

I want to say your daughter is gorgeous! And I hope you can find some peace through this very difficult time...keep your faith, and know that it will one day be over, and you and yours will look back at this and laugh and know you can get through anything!

And don't worry about anyone who says you're crying and whining. You left your other half and your baby girl!!!! I'm fairly new here, but should you ever want to chat don't hesitate to ask! Us Ohioans have to stick together eh? :)

Thank you for that post. It is very true...Us Buckeyes do have to stick together. Good luck with your process as well.!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.