Dr. A ♥ O

A Glimmer of Hope

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Someone told me recently that on the edge of bad news is attached good news coming. Boy were they right! :D

Sorry no new news on the visa process. This whole visa process has me remembering that old adage, "If you can't beat them join them." Something really wonderful happened to me today that may change everything but first...

I've been getting hand written letters from Waleed. I've gotten the 3rd and the 6th letter so far and wondering where the rest are. :huh: I really love these letters because they're pages long and the feeling and energy I get from them is something I don't get from reading emails or talking to him on the phone. I read them over and over again and they quench a thirst for me. In them he talks about getting his Masters after he gets out of the military and if we're still waiting on the visa. You all know I've been shopping graduate programs and looking at the American University in Cairo. I like their Journalism and Mass Media Masters program as well as their Middle Eastern Studies Masters program. Plus I like the idea of studying abroad and getting to be with my Husband while he works on his Masters as well. The idea is fitting and appealing.

The really good news is in addition to my regular student loans, for my last year in college, I just found out I was awarded a $5,000 scholarship!!!! :dance: Whooooohoooo! :dance: That's in addition to the $900 scholarship I got!

Yes I do plan to use some of this money to go to Egypt for my winter break in nine months and see my Husband who I will not have seen for two years by that time. In addition I plan to tour the new American University in Cairo 250 acre campus and meet with the graduate professors in the departments I'm interested in! I'm so flipping excited!!! I'm also going to take a year of Arabic for my last year in college to prepare to make the leap if it comes to me deciding on the AUC.

I am still considering graduate film schools in LA but the books I've read about it say that you don't need to do that and there are two sides to the coin. If I do that I get the prestige of the degree but I also get $100,000 in debt and no guarantee that I'll have a job when I get out to pay back that kind of debt. These books argue the other side of the coin is LA is the only place in the world you can work in the industry and not have a degree and still be able to advance quickly. That in the time it would take me to get my graduate degree I could be learning more through experience and making money and contacts. So... I'm still debating which graduate degree programs to pursue and wondering if maybe I'm having a higher purpose in pursuing diplomacy or government work or journalism.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I wd totally agree with u on the AUC thing just to be closer to ur husband... coz im only looking at it from the marraige side.... everything else sounds good too but i have no experience in this what so ever lol but may God be with u in whichever u choose for urself and may He support u and keep u safe and happy always :star:

lyrics.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Someone told me recently that on the edge of bad news is attached good news coming. Boy were they right! :D

Sorry no new news on the visa process. This whole visa process has me remembering that old adage, "If you can't beat them join them." Something really wonderful happened to me today that may change everything but first...

I've been getting hand written letters from Waleed. I've gotten the 3rd and the 6th letter so far and wondering where the rest are. :huh: I really love these letters because they're pages long and the feeling and energy I get from them is something I don't get from reading emails or talking to him on the phone. I read them over and over again and they quench a thirst for me. In them he talks about getting his Masters after he gets out of the military and if we're still waiting on the visa. You all know I've been shopping graduate programs and looking at the American University in Cairo. I like their Journalism and Mass Media Masters program as well as their Middle Eastern Studies Masters program. Plus I like the idea of studying abroad and getting to be with my Husband while he works on his Masters as well. The idea is fitting and appealing.

The really good news is in addition to my regular student loans, for my last year in college, I just found out I was awarded a $5,000 scholarship!!!! :dance: Whooooohoooo! :dance: That's in addition to the $900 scholarship I got!

Yes I do plan to use some of this money to go to Egypt for my winter break in nine months and see my Husband who I will not have seen for two years by that time. In addition I plan to tour the new American University in Cairo 250 acre campus and meet with the graduate professors in the departments I'm interested in! I'm so flipping excited!!! I'm also going to take a year of Arabic for my last year in college to prepare to make the leap if it comes to me deciding on the AUC.

I am still considering graduate film schools in LA but the books I've read about it say that you don't need to do that and there are two sides to the coin. If I do that I get the prestige of the degree but I also get $100,000 in debt and no guarantee that I'll have a job when I get out to pay back that kind of debt. These books argue the other side of the coin is LA is the only place in the world you can work in the industry and not have a degree and still be able to advance quickly. That in the time it would take me to get my graduate degree I could be learning more through experience and making money and contacts. So... I'm still debating which graduate degree programs to pursue and wondering if maybe I'm having a higher purpose in pursuing diplomacy or government work or journalism.

You don't think you will have his visa before December?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Not unless the Egyptian Military releases him before his due date of March 1st, 2009 with the except of two additional months of service so he might not get out until May 1st, 2009. The Egyptian Military threw a wrench in our process.

You don't think you will have his visa before December?

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Olivia, just.......... your post makes me appreciate a lot of things I take for granted. Thank you.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Yap, dear there is always a glimmer of hope, especially at our worst moments. I am so happy God gave you this. May God give you much more.

With love,

Tammy (F)

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

This is wonderful news! When I was going to egypt the first time there were so many people going to go to AUC that was on the plane ! They were talking that it is such a good college. I wish u the best of luck with ur studies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!!! to you hun!!!

AJ1 :thumbs::dance:

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

Wow, that would be so great if you go. I think it is wonderful idea. If I were you and in your position, it would definitely be something I would consider. Let us know what you decide to do.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

I cherish the handwritten letters my husband wrote to me. As you said, there is something so very special about them -- even more than any email or live chat conversation.

The opportunity to go to American University in Cairo would be the chance of a lifetime ! Your interest in international affairs will be greatly served by the experience of living and learning in a foreign environment. Plus, it's closer to your husband :)

So if there's any way you can pull it off, I'd say -- go for it !!! :thumbs:

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I cherish the handwritten letters my husband wrote to me. As you said, there is something so very special about them -- even more than any email or live chat conversation.

The opportunity to go to American University in Cairo would be the chance of a lifetime ! Your interest in international affairs will be greatly served by the experience of living and learning in a foreign environment. Plus, it's closer to your husband :)

So if there's any way you can pull it off, I'd say -- go for it !!! :thumbs:

(F)

-MK

:thumbs: Definantly. I am so happy I decided to go to school internationally, it puts a new perspective on life. Sorry to sound cheezy :blush: but that really is the way I feel about it. And besides that, you would be close to your husband no matter what happened with the visa without sacrificing your goals and what you want to do in life.

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I would say go with your heart and your heart is in Egypt!!!!!!!!!!!! If it was me and I didn't have anything else absolutely tying me down I would go to AUC to be close to my husband and still persue my studies. Best wishes in all you do!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.