peejay

(Illegal) Immigrant groups set to march in Houston on May 1

59 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline
There is nothing wrong with enforcing employment verification and one person using one Social Security number. However, my reading of the OP was that the protesters would like to see comprehensive immigration reform - in this instance I understand that to mean making those who are illegal legal. You see this as 'rewarding bad behaviour' - which it may be - however other people see this as a good way of resovling the problem of 12? million illegal immigrants currently in the US. You are entitled to your opinion of course, but so are those protesters who are US citizens.

There has already been numerous "Comprehensive Immigration" reforms. Most Americans are tired of the lies.

Comprehensive Immigration Reform = AMNESTY

Here is the list of the 7 illegal alien amnesties starting in 1986 to present:

Congress has passed 7 amnesties for illegal aliens, starting in 1986.

1. Immigration and Reform Control Act (IRCA) Amnesty, 1986: A blanket amnesty for some 2.7 million illegal aliens

2. Section 245(i) Amnesty, 1994: A temporary rolling amnesty for 578,000 illegal aliens

3. Section 245(i) Extension Amnesty, 1997: An extension of the rolling amnesty created in 1994

4. Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) Amnesty, 1997: An amnesty for close to one million illegal aliens from Central America

5. Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act Amnesty (HRIFA), 1998: An amnesty for 125,000 illegal aliens from Haiti

6. Late Amnesty, 2000: An amnesty for some illegal aliens who claim they should have been amnestied under the 1986 IRCA amnesty, an estimated 400,000 illegal aliens

7. LIFE Act Amnesty, 2000: A reinstatement of the rolling Section 245(i) amnesty, an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens

None of this stupidness has secured the border or stopped illegal immigration. It has only encouraged more illegal immigration and rewarded illegal aliens for breaking numerous US laws. Why go there again?

Insanity is doing the same stupid stuff over and over and over.........and expecting a different result.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine why anyone would think an amensty would secure the border or stop illegal immigration. There are immigration reforms that would, but certainly not amnesty on its own. Whether these amnesties were stupid or not rather depends on who you are I would imagine, certainly I know your view is that amnesty 'rewards bad behaviour' and that may be true. However, there are people out there who are legal US citizens who take a different view.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I can't imagine why anyone would think an amensty would secure the border or stop illegal immigration. There are immigration reforms that would, but certainly not amnesty on its own. Whether these amnesties were stupid or not rather depends on who you are I would imagine, certainly I know your view is that amnesty 'rewards bad behaviour' and that may be true. However, there are people out there who are legal US citizens who take a different view.

Amnesty is also bad for business. Their labor is cheap only because it's illegal. Legalise them

and it won't be cheap anymore. It's best to keep them underground and exploit them until

they've had enough and are ready to go home.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I like illegals they make my life easier and cheaper :)

oops

Why the edit? :whistle:

It was supposed to be a PM.

unless someone has a record of it, it didn't happen.

It happened. It's a record.

if so, then where is it?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

oh lordie lord.. here we go again

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

castro_che.JPG

posted by the vj Commies for Christ....

it is a relevant as this thread

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Timeline
There is nothing wrong with enforcing employment verification and one person using one Social Security number. However, my reading of the OP was that the protesters would like to see comprehensive immigration reform - in this instance I understand that to mean making those who are illegal legal. You see this as 'rewarding bad behaviour' - which it may be - however other people see this as a good way of resovling the problem of 12? million illegal immigrants currently in the US. You are entitled to your opinion of course, but so are those protesters who are US citizens.

Enforce first, resolve later - very simple.

Otherwise 20 years from now we will have to "resolve" another 40 million illegals.

Secure first, then enforce, then resolve. Enforcement without securing the border would be useless as well. If they can get here but only work illegally they will be forced into slavery, crime, poverty, and despair.

What are the motives behind the way our government is currently enforcing immigration laws? Is Ice being stepped up just to make the American public happy that something is being done now unlike before? If the motive is to deport all here illegally then why not just pass a law everyone in the US has to check in with Ice and if you don't they are coming door to door across the US to take you away period.

The government needs to decide what it wants and then do it 100%, doing it little by little is like torture. Or are the doing it the way they are so the public can see how deporting people for all different reasons and then letting the lawmakers determine if there is enough sympathy for certain groups? Should young adults that have been here since they were a baby be allowed to stay? Should a wife of a US citizen that died before their 2nd wedding anniversary be allowed to stay? Maybe these stories of deportation have to come out before our law makers can decide what is acceptable and what is not before the can pass anytype of immigration reform law?

Timeline
:reading:

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
The government needs to decide what it wants and then do it 100%, doing it little by little is like torture. Or are the doing it the way they are so the public can see how deporting people for all different reasons and then letting the lawmakers determine if there is enough sympathy for certain groups? Should young adults that have been here since they were a baby be allowed to stay? Should a wife of a US citizen that died before their 2nd wedding anniversary be allowed to stay? Maybe these stories of deportation have to come out before our law makers can decide what is acceptable and what is not before the can pass anytype of immigration reform law?

Doing it little by little strikes fear in the hearts of illegals everywhere. They fear they will be next.

This strategy is called "enforcement by attrition".

Don't bring wives of U.S. citizens into this - they fall into a completely different immigration category

and you know it.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

Doing it little by little strikes fear in the hearts of illegals everywhere. They fear they will be next.

Don't bring wives of U.S. citizens into this - they fall into a completely different immigration category

and you know it.

But that is still part of immigration reform that is needed. An immigrant wife of a USC who dies before their 2nd wedding anniversary will be deported. Also what about long waits on FBI name checks, what about long visa wait times, what about long delays that cause children to age out before an approval, these are still part of immigration reform that is needed aren't they?

and you know it.

But that is still part of immigration reform that is needed. An immigrant wife of a USC who dies before their 2nd wedding anniversary will be deported. Also what about long waits on FBI name checks, what about long visa wait times, what about long delays that cause children to age out before an approval, these are still part of immigration reform that is needed aren't they?

That isn't true. A wife of a USC that dies can still remove conditions as long as they can prove the marriage was real and in good faith. Shoot, divorced immigrant women still remove conditions every day. The burden of proof is the same as those that are still married.