Sky2k

NVC Online payment option

74 posts in this topic

In my situation, I had already paid my AOS fee bill via mail, and it was already accepted and the online system reflected such. The status was PAID and the selection box was greyed out. I was trying to pay the IV fee bill so perhaps that's where the difference lies. YMMV!

I actually think it must have just been bad luck. I had already paid my AOS fee bill through the mail and it was also greyed out and stated 'paid'. My payment went automatically to In Process and the money came out of my account the next day. I probably tried once a day before that and right when the payment should have been taken out it just said the system wasn't up yet. I'm sorry it did this, but I am very sure your bank will understand when the money comes out officially(does your online bank statement show the money taken out? If not, regardless of what they said at pay.gov i would almost assume they were wrong and it hasn't been taken out after all) or NVC will help. It must be terrible to have double the amount coming out as it's NOT a small fee. I'll think good thoughts for you!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my situation, I had already paid my AOS fee bill via mail, and it was already accepted and the online system reflected such. The status was PAID and the selection box was greyed out. I was trying to pay the IV fee bill so perhaps that's where the difference lies. YMMV!

I actually think it must have just been bad luck. I had already paid my AOS fee bill through the mail and it was also greyed out and stated 'paid'. My payment went automatically to In Process and the money came out of my account the next day. I probably tried once a day before that and right when the payment should have been taken out it just said the system wasn't up yet. I'm sorry it did this, but I am very sure your bank will understand when the money comes out officially(does your online bank statement show the money taken out? If not, regardless of what they said at pay.gov i would almost assume they were wrong and it hasn't been taken out after all) or NVC will help. It must be terrible to have double the amount coming out as it's NOT a small fee. I'll think good thoughts for you!

It could be. It's good to see that so many others appear to be going through successfully.

I checked my account today with online banking and sure enough, there's two pending $400 ACH transactions. I called the NVC about it today and the person really didn't know what to say as they have been trained to tell everyone that online payment is not available at this time but may be at some time in the future and that the only accepted form of payment at the moment is cashiers cheque or money order via postal mail. I told them that the online system must be at least partially up as it has deducted $400 x2 from my bank account. They put me on hold and talked to a supervisor. I think I've caused a bit of a commotion as I could hear noticeably more people talking in the background! I have to wait for the transactions to come out of pending so that the details show, go to the bank and have them print out something showing those transactions, send it to the NVC to a supervisor requesting that the one payment be applied for my IV bill and the other one be refunded. Just my luck! Hopefully I'll have this taken care of within a week or two. I really hope this doesn't delay my case any more than it would have been just waiting for the paper IV bill!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It could be. It's good to see that so many others appear to be going through successfully.

I checked my account today with online banking and sure enough, there's two pending $400 ACH transactions. I called the NVC about it today and the person really didn't know what to say as they have been trained to tell everyone that online payment is not available at this time but may be at some time in the future and that the only accepted form of payment at the moment is cashiers cheque or money order via postal mail. I told them that the online system must be at least partially up as it has deducted $400 x2 from my bank account. They put me on hold and talked to a supervisor. I think I've caused a bit of a commotion as I could hear noticeably more people talking in the background! I have to wait for the transactions to come out of pending so that the details show, go to the bank and have them print out something showing those transactions, send it to the NVC to a supervisor requesting that the one payment be applied for my IV bill and the other one be refunded. Just my luck! Hopefully I'll have this taken care of within a week or two. I really hope this doesn't delay my case any more than it would have been just waiting for the paper IV bill!

My payment clear today. This is sample of my cover sheet

You MUST RETURN THIS PAGE with the complete forrm and the required docucumets with the following individuals:

"Beneficiary's name" Cap (Last, Firt middle name)

Failure to this my may result delay in processing.Please attact this page

to the front of the documents for this case and mail to

National Visa Center

Attn. CMR

32 Rochester Avenue

Portmouht, NH 03801-2909

HCMxxxxxxxxxx

Barcode here

Edited by xichdu

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
My payment clear today.

Congratulations! I wish I could say the same about my online payment.

Can you print both cover sheets? (I-864 and DS-230)

What format are they in? Are they PDF files?

No, I print DS-230 only because I-864 I sent by mail. Anyways, I-864 and DS 230 are the same cover sheet? Can I sent together in the same envelope? Both are generated over two weeks. Please share your experience. Thank you very much.

Edited by xichdu

Filed: IR-5 Country: Russia
Timeline
But did you payment show up in the NVC system on the second try, or does it still let you pay?

I can't cancel through the bank because ACH payments are immediate. I'll have to wait and see if/how long it'll take for the NVC/Dept of State to refund the extra $400. We'll see after 3 days after the payment has cleared if they'll even bother to change the status in the system. I'm thinking since the system dumped me out at the receipt screen that their system will show me as never paying even though I payed twice. This is going to be interesting.

While you may not be able to stop the payment, your bank can charge it back as a dispute item for being a duplicate.

IR-5 Immediate relative parent of adult U.S. citizen, §201(b)

I-130 [100 Days] (+10 days transiting)

03/30/07 Naturalization oath

03/30/07 I-130 sent to VSC priority mail

04/09/07 NOA "Received Date"

05/08/07 NOA1 issued by CSC, rcvd 05/11/07

07/18/07 I-130 approved!

07/23/07 NOA2 received

NVC [73 Days] (+23 days transiting) ** using James' NVC Shortcuts 2.0 **

08/10/07 NVC received, case number MOS*** assigned

08/20/07 DS-3032 & I-864 fee bill generated

08/23/07 DS-3032 delivered to NVC

08/23/07 I-864 payt delivered to St. Louis

08/27/07 IV fee bill generated

08/28/07 I-864 payt processed

09/03/07 I-864 package generated

09/08/07 IV fee bill received & payt sent

09/11/07 IV payt delivered to St. Louis

09/13/07 I-864 entered onto case

09/17/07 IV payt processed

09/24/07 DS-230 generated

09/25/07 I-864 RFE issued

10/01/07 I-864 RFE & DS-230 delivered to NVC

10/04/07 I-864 RFE & DS-230 entered onto case

10/22/07 Case complete at NVC!

12/10/07 NVC schedules the interview, finally!

12/17/07 Case left NVC

Embassy (Moscow)

12/20/07 Medical exam

01/10/08 Interview APPROVED!

01/15/08 Visa rcvd!

01/26/08 Entered USA

02/04/08 SSN card rcvd (from DS-230 appl./EAE)

02/16,21,25/08 OS155A msg. from TSC

02/28/08 PR card rcvd!

But did you payment show up in the NVC system on the second try, or does it still let you pay?

I can't cancel through the bank because ACH payments are immediate. I'll have to wait and see if/how long it'll take for the NVC/Dept of State to refund the extra $400. We'll see after 3 days after the payment has cleared if they'll even bother to change the status in the system. I'm thinking since the system dumped me out at the receipt screen that their system will show me as never paying even though I payed twice. This is going to be interesting.

While you may not be able to stop the payment, your bank can charge it back as a dispute item for being a duplicate.

Well the status has changed in the system. It never showed in process, went straight to PAID and the online system shows both transactions so at least I know the NVC has record of both taking place. The automated phone system is also saying "A packet of information and documents was generated on April 17th..." so it appears the system is ready to accept my DS-230. At least my case isn't going to get delayed. I guess that was my number one concern. I've talked with the NVC on the phone and they got a supervisor involved so I've emailed them the details of my situation. I'll give them a chance to rectify the situation before disputing the charge through my bank. The problem with that is they could dispute the wrong payment since we don't know which one they're going to keep or have accepted as THE payment for the IV bill. From what the NVC was telling me on the phone, I'm fairly confident they'll have this resolved on their own shortly... My fingers are crossed anyway!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I read a post earlier this weekend and I think they might be right the person posted that the cover letter cannot be printed until the payment is completely processed. Mine said processed then paid but it still hasnt been deducted from my account so I think once the payment has cleared from the bank the cover sheet can be printed Im holding out for that if thats not the problem I have the short cut ready to mail. Has anyones payment cleared the bank yet and if so could you print the cover sheet

Marriage : 2008-01-26

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2008-03-19

NVC Received : 2008-03-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-04-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-04-17

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-04-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-04-22

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-04-07

Receive IV Bill : 2008-04-20

Pay IV Bill : 2008-04-21

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-05-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-05-12

NVC Left : 2008-05-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-05-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-05-31

Interview Date : 2008-07-15

result AP

2009-05-15 case returned to USCIS

2009-06-29 case received at USCIS

2010-03-12 letter from USCIS stating reason for case being returned and asking for additional info of a on going relationship

2010-03-29 sent next day air-2010-03-30 10:30 USCIS signed for package

2010-03-31 USCIS updated accoun

2010-04-10 received email case reaffirmed

2010-08-18 2nd interview

9/2/2010 Visa Received

9/16/2010 Entered USA

10/15/2010 received 10 year GC

:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pGV...s4pIA&hl=en

My payment has cleared days ago and I still can't print the cover sheet. It errors out. It's not because of it not being cleared, it's because the system isn't working completely right yet as it hasn't been publically released yet. I'm really not surprised given all the other trouble I (and some others!) have been having with it. Use James's Shortcuts to create the DS-230 cover sheet.

if you guys printed out of NVC website the coversheet ( after the payment of AOS bill)

do you have to wait for actual mail because there is authorization to release the tax data form?

or that form is not in the packet anymore?

I read a post earlier this weekend and I think they might be right the person posted that the cover letter cannot be printed until the payment is completely processed. Mine said processed then paid but it still hasnt been deducted from my account so I think once the payment has cleared from the bank the cover sheet can be printed Im holding out for that if thats not the problem I have the short cut ready to mail. Has anyones payment cleared the bank yet and if so could you print the cover sheet

After being told, to all intents and purposes, by an NVC automaton that I was lying about the online payment system and the existence of an Invoice ID Number I was told that neither he nor his supervisor could give me the invoice number as it did not exist. Resisting the urge to scream at him, I thanked him for nothing and hung up.

Literally two minutes later I received an email from NVC in reply to my request from 6 days earlier giving me the non existent Invoice ID Number.

The payment went through first time and the cover sheet was printed the next day when the system showed that the apyment had been processed. The only part that doesn't work for me is the option to email the receipt or cover letter - I get a database error.

It appears they've finally got the PDF generator working. Please see my other post about this in another thread. I've attached a sample cover sheet over there. You can even edit it to make it work for yourself. This cover sheet IS different than the one in James's Shortcuts.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=1774978

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.