Sky2k

NVC Online payment option

74 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi guys, I just successfully paid both my bills online. Hope this time everthing will go smoothly. Of course, the first AOS cashier's check that USPS delivered to USDA (supposedly NVC AOS payment processing center) still has not been cashed as of now. Nobody knows where that check is. Let's see what happens with this online payment processing.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi guys, I just successfully paid both my bills online. Hope this time everthing will go smoothly. Of course, the first AOS cashier's check that USPS delivered to USDA (supposedly NVC AOS payment processing center) still has not been cashed as of now. Nobody knows where that check is. Let's see what happens with this online payment processing.

Did u just send 2 payments?!

Did you cancel the first check?

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Tried several more times without the payment going through but I noticed that the page comes up funny in Firefox. So I retried in Internet Explorer and was successful! So for anyone trying, use IE and not Firefox!

Thank you. Your request to pay the Department of State from your bank account has been submitted to your bank.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I paid both bills online, AOS and IV Bill. Did not cancel the first AOS cashier's check that was delivered to USDA. If they later find it and deposit it, that's OK. Just don't want to wait any longer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This is great news guys! Hopefully this will speed up the process!

NATURALIZATION
07-03-2013: Eligible to file
07-22-2013: Application sent (Delivered: 07-24-13)
08-05-2013: NOA1 received (Priority date: 07-24-13, Check cashed: 07-29-13)
08-22-2013: Biometrics (Received: 08-06-13, Walk-in: 08-08-13)
09-03-2013: Inline for interview (Yellow letter received: 10-23-13)
11-04-2013: Interview scheduled (Received: 11-09-13)
12-12-2013: Interview (Approved)
01-03-2014: Oath ceremony, passport application and passport received

DONE!

Tried several more times without the payment going through but I noticed that the page comes up funny in Firefox. So I retried in Internet Explorer and was successful! So for anyone trying, use IE and not Firefox!

Thank you. Your request to pay the Department of State from your bank account has been submitted to your bank.

I think I spoke too soon. I got to the continue to the receipt screen and then there was an Application Error, it logged me out and I got back in and the status of my IV bill is Not Paid. Not sure how many times I want to try this since I don't want them taking out $400 multiple times!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I paid both bills online, AOS and IV Bill. Did not cancel the first AOS cashier's check that was delivered to USDA. If they later find it and deposit it, that's OK. Just don't want to wait any longer.

That's awesome! I'm still trying to obtain my IIN before I can try to pay my IV bill online.

I-130 Journey

USCIS

2007-07-17 : Marriage

2007-08-14 : I-130 Sent

2007-10-02 : I-130 NOA1

2008-03-06 : I-130 NOA2

NVC

2008-03-18 : NVC Case # Assigned

2008-04-28 : I-864EZ Cleared at NVC

2008-05-19 : NVC Forwarded Case to HCMC

CONSULATE

2008-05-21 : HCMC Received Electronic File

2008-06-05 : Interview Passed!

2008-06-17 : Visa in Hand

US

2008-06-24 : POE - Newark

2008-07-24 : Received Green Card

2008-08-25 : Received SS Card

2010-04-12 : I-751 and Check Sent

2010-04-21 : I-751 NOA Received - 1 Year Extension

2010-08-20 : 10-Year Green Card Arrived

Naturalization

2012-08-27 : File N-400

2012-08-31 : Check Cashed

2012-09-06 : N-400 NOA

2012-09-19 : Biometric Appointment and Fingerprint

2012-10-15 : Receive Naturalization Interview Date

2012-11-19 : Naturalization Interview Completed

2013-01-14 : Oath Letter received

2013-01-16 : Oath Ceremony / Become US Citizen

I'm posting this in two threads on two different forums because I don't want anyone to make the same mistake I did using this online payment system.

Warning to those of you considering this. I just called Pay.gov with the tracking ID I captured from the confirmation page. Even though the system crapped out on me, the payment did go through on their end, so now the NVC's system shows me as NOT paid, even though the money is now coming out of my account. Subsequently, the system makes you think that it never went through so it will let you pay AGAIN, which I did erroneously just to have the system ####### out again after the confirmation screen. So now I've paid the Department of State $800 and I cannot stop it. I'll have to check with my bank to see if they can order a stop payment which will likely cost me $30 on their end and probably another $30 on the NVC's end for a bounced electronic debit due to the stop payment. Or I can attempt to get the NVC to refund me $400 and then wait for them to send me a cheque in the mail! All this with the IV bill still not showing up as paid! Consider yourself warned!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

But did you payment show up in the NVC system on the second try, or does it still let you pay?

Thanks!

I'm posting this in two threads on two different forums because I don't want anyone to make the same mistake I did using this online payment system.

Warning to those of you considering this. I just called Pay.gov with the tracking ID I captured from the confirmation page. Even though the system crapped out on me, the payment did go through on their end, so now the NVC's system shows me as NOT paid, even though the money is now coming out of my account. Subsequently, the system makes you think that it never went through so it will let you pay AGAIN, which I did erroneously just to have the system ####### out again after the confirmation screen. So now I've paid the Department of State $800 and I cannot stop it. I'll have to check with my bank to see if they can order a stop payment which will likely cost me $30 on their end and probably another $30 on the NVC's end for a bounced electronic debit due to the stop payment. Or I can attempt to get the NVC to refund me $400 and then wait for them to send me a cheque in the mail! All this with the IV bill still not showing up as paid! Consider yourself warned!

Hi

Will they give me the invoce # over the phone?

If not, is the invoice # on the AOS fee the same for the IV fee?

After paying the fees and the payment is processed , what do i do? will they send me the barcoded sheets or am I going to be able to print them from their website?

Can i send in the AOS packect and DS-230 and documents right sfter payment is processed or do i have to wait until they are generated?

Thanks

Edited by Muñequita

May 2006 Met at a friend's birthday party

Sep 2007 Married

I-130

09/28/07 Sent I-130

01/07/08 NOA1

03/24/08 NOA2

NVC

03/27/08 Received

05/06/08 Case Complete

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Everyone:

It will not immediately change to PAID. If you read your receipt, at the bottom it says that it'll take 2-3 days for the payment to go through and to check back at that time as it should show as PAID. Once it does, you can print the Document Cover Sheet to send the DS-230.

Also, do not go through the payment process twice because the status doesn't change. You will be paying the money over and over.

USCIS

12/05/05 - Submitted I-130 as LPR

9/20/07 - Became USC

10/03/07 - Submitted I-129

3/4/08 - Sent CSC request to cancel my I-129

3/6/08 - I-130 Approved

NVC

3/14/08 - NVC Assigned Case Number

3/25/08 - DS-3032 & I-864 Bill Generated

3/25/08 - Sent DS-3032 & I-864 Bill (using James' Shortcuts)

3/31/08 - DS-3032 Received in System

3/31/08 - I-864 Generated

3/31/08 - Sent I-864

4/7/08 - I-864 Received in System

4/7/08 - IV Visa Bill Generated

4/12/08 - IV Visa Bill Received

4/15/08 - IV Visa Bill Paid Online!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

ONE MORE THING

As soon as you pay it, your status will show IN PROCESS.

USCIS

12/05/05 - Submitted I-130 as LPR

9/20/07 - Became USC

10/03/07 - Submitted I-129

3/4/08 - Sent CSC request to cancel my I-129

3/6/08 - I-130 Approved

NVC

3/14/08 - NVC Assigned Case Number

3/25/08 - DS-3032 & I-864 Bill Generated

3/25/08 - Sent DS-3032 & I-864 Bill (using James' Shortcuts)

3/31/08 - DS-3032 Received in System

3/31/08 - I-864 Generated

3/31/08 - Sent I-864

4/7/08 - I-864 Received in System

4/7/08 - IV Visa Bill Generated

4/12/08 - IV Visa Bill Received

4/15/08 - IV Visa Bill Paid Online!!

But did you payment show up in the NVC system on the second try, or does it still let you pay?

NO. The payment didn't show either time. The status DID NOT change to IN PROCESS. It still says NOT PAID, yet I paid twice apparently. If it changed immediately to IN PROCESS like the page says and others have said, I wouldn't have put it through again. I wouldn't think that the system would let you put it through again if it was in process. I can't cancel through the bank because ACH payments are immediate. I'll have to wait and see if/how long it'll take for the NVC/Dept of State to refund the extra $400. We'll see after 3 days after the payment has cleared if they'll even bother to change the status in the system. I'm thinking since the system dumped me out at the receipt screen that their system will show me as never paying even though I payed twice. This is going to be interesting.

In my situation, I had already paid my AOS fee bill via mail, and it was already accepted and the online system reflected such. The status was PAID and the selection box was greyed out. I was trying to pay the IV fee bill so perhaps that's where the difference lies. YMMV!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.