pakmani

Affidavit of Support - Household size

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi guys, I am filling out I-864 and wanted to know how to count my wife to figure out the household size. I am the petitioner so I would count her as a beneficiary but there is a box for spouse also.

So should I just count her as a beneficiary and leave the spouse box blank because I shouldn't count anybody twice?

I don't have any dependents so should it just be me and my wife as a beneficiary? If I count her as a beneficiary and a spouse I would be counting her twice.

Thanks!

8/18/07 Sent in I-130

2/17/08 I-130 Approved

3/3/08 NVC assigns case #

3/10/08 Choice of agent and AOS bill generated

3/17/08 AOS bill received

3/19/08 NVC receives money order for AOS bill

3/17/08 Choice of agent email sent

3/21/08 Choice of agent confirmation email received

3/24/08 IV fee bill generated

3/26/08 AOS bill processed in the system

3/31/08 AOS I-864 generated

4/8/08 Received IV bill.

4/13/08 Mailed IV bill, overnight.

4/14/08 Received AOS packet

4/15/08 Mailed AOS, overnight.

4/21/08 AOS approved.

4/22/08 IV payment received.

4/28/08 DS-230 Generated

4/29/08 Mailed DS-230 docs, overnight mail. (James shortcuts)

5/6/08 CASE COMPLETE!

5/29/08 Interview scheduled for second week of July

8/1/08 VISA ISSUED!

8/8/08 POE, Chicago

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi...

I believe that the "spouse" that is referred to on the AOS is of the spouse who is NOT being sponsored on the affidavit. So assuming you only have 1 wife :) you would put the figure from line 10 and leave the other "spouse" box blank.

Hope this helps

NATURALIZATION
07-03-2013: Eligible to file
07-22-2013: Application sent (Delivered: 07-24-13)
08-05-2013: NOA1 received (Priority date: 07-24-13, Check cashed: 07-29-13)
08-22-2013: Biometrics (Received: 08-06-13, Walk-in: 08-08-13)
09-03-2013: Inline for interview (Yellow letter received: 10-23-13)
11-04-2013: Interview scheduled (Received: 11-09-13)
12-12-2013: Interview (Approved)
01-03-2014: Oath ceremony, passport application and passport received

DONE!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hi guys, I am filling out I-864 and wanted to know how to count my wife to figure out the household size. I am the petitioner so I would count her as a beneficiary but there is a box for spouse also.

So should I just count her as a beneficiary and leave the spouse box blank because I shouldn't count anybody twice?

I don't have any dependents so should it just be me and my wife as a beneficiary? If I count her as a beneficiary and a spouse I would be counting her twice.

Thanks!

If you are only petitioning your spouse you already counted her in the part where says about the principal imigrant. So, the next part there is a place for the person that you're sponsoring in the form plus your spouse, but in this case, your spouse and the principal imigrant are the same person. You must put 0 in the space for spouse and 1 for you another 1 for the person that you're sponsoring. The total must be 2. Have you see the guide and theexamples forms

Hope this help you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline

That confused me as well. However, somewhere in the instructions it states that you should not count the beneficiary in that section of the form. You have already counted him/her.

I suppose that section allows for someone filing the affadavit for a son or daughter who is married.

AOS Timeline

4/14/10 - Packet received at Chicago Lockbox at 9:22 AM (Day 1)

4/24/10 - Received hardcopy NOAs (Day 10)

5/14/10 - Biometrics taken. (Day 31)

5/29/10 - Interview letter received 6/30 at 10:30 (Day 46)

6/30/10 - Interview: 10:30 (Day 77) APPROVED!!!

6/30/10 - EAD received in the mail

7/19/10 - GC in hand! (Day 96) .

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
That confused me as well. However, somewhere in the instructions it states that you should not count the beneficiary in that section of the form. You have already counted him/her.

I suppose that section allows for someone filing the affadavit for a son or daughter who is married.

Right, or for parents etc. Don't count anybody twice.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yes, it's correct. Also, you can try the form I-864EZ if you're not using assets.

Thanks!

Hi...

I believe that the "spouse" that is referred to on the AOS is of the spouse who is NOT being sponsored on the affidavit. So assuming you only have 1 wife :) you would put the figure from line 10 and leave the other "spouse" box blank.

Hope this helps

Yes, you can leave the other "spouse" box blank, you can write a small note "same as beneficiary" next to the blank box.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Thist confuses me as well :wacko:

What can i do in my case? Do i have to put 3? Its me, my hubby and my daughter. My hubby is the petitiner.

Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.

Prov. 3:3

REMOVING OF CONDITION

08/02/2010 I-751 sent with K2 & my son

08/12/2010 Check cashed

08/06/2010 NOA (received 08/16/2010)

08/18/2010 My son's check was cashed

09/27/2010 Biometrics appointment

10/26/2010 APPROVED

11/1/2010 10yrs GC in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.