Heracles

Dutch lawmaker launches anti-Islam film

75 posts in this topic

Dutch lawmaker launches anti-Islam film

March 28, 2008 - 9:10AM

Right-wing Dutch lawmaker Geert Wilders launched a film on Thursday that accuses the Koran of inciting violence, despite government fears that it will offend Muslims worldwide and stoke unrest.

The film was posted on his Freedom Party's website (www.pvv.nl), which crashed soon afterwards. But it could still be viewed on a file-sharing website in English and Dutch.

Titled Fitna, a Koranic term sometimes translated as "strife", the short film started with a warning of "very shocking images". It interspersed images of the September 11, 2001 attacks and other Islamist bombings with quotes from the Koran.

"Prepare for them whatever force and cavalry ye are able of gathering to strike terror, to strike terror in the hearts of the enemies of Allah and your enemies," the first quote read.

The Dutch government has distanced itself from Wilders' views and has expressed fears the film will cause the kind of backlash by Muslims similar to that sparked by cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad in Danish newspapers in 2006.

Before seeing the film, demonstrators have already taken to the streets from Afghanistan to Indonesia to express their anger at the Netherlands, while the governments of Pakistan and Iran have sharply criticised the project.

Earlier this month, Dutch officials raised the national risk level to "substantial" partly because of the Wilders film and perceptions of an increased al-Qaeda threat.

Brahim Bourzik, a spokesman for a Dutch Moroccan group said mosques would open their doors on Friday and several imams would give their views on the film to help defuse tensions.

"It is not a film - it is propaganda. All the elements have been seen before, there is nothing new in it," he said.

He added he did not believe Muslims would find it offensive. "There will not be angry reaction in the Netherlands and I hope also not abroad," he told Reuters.

The film showed a graph of the growing number of Muslims in the Netherlands and Europe. After the words "The Netherlands in the future?" it showed pictures of children with blood on their faces, a woman being stoned and an image of genital mutilation.

The film also showed a picture of the Koran followed by the sound of ripping paper: "The sound just heard was a page being torn from a phone book, as it is not for me but for Muslims themselves to tear out the hate-filled verses from the Koran."

After the words "Stop Islamisation. Defend our freedom", it concludes with the Danish cartoon of the Prophet Mohammad with a bomb under his turban accompanied by the sound of ticking and then images of a lightning strike.

Wilders said his film was not intended to provoke but said it was a warning about the threat Islam posed to the West.

"It is not an explosion of Mohammad's head but the suggestion that Mohammad and his message lead to a lot of thunder and lightning in the West," he told journalists.

Dutch broadcasters refused to show the film and a US-based web service on which Wilders had planned to show his film deactivated the site at the weekend after receiving complaints.

Dutch exporters have expressed fears of a possible boycott in the Muslim world, though trade with such countries makes up only a small amount of total exports. There is also concern for 25,000 Dutch citizens living in Muslim countries.

Wilders said he hoped the film would not put Dutch people at risk at home and abroad: "If something should happen, which I hope won't be the case, then the people who use threats or violence, they are responsible."

Wilders has been under heavy guard because of Islamist death threats since the 2004 murder of Dutch director Theo van Gogh, who made a film critical of Islam's treatment of women.

His killing by an Islamist militant triggered a wave of unrest in the Netherlands, home to almost one million Muslims out of a total population of 16 million

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7d9_1206624103

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I wonder if this is in response to the outrage by Muslims to the dutch cartoon comic of the dog pissing on the flag that says "There is only one God and Muhammad is his prophet."

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Islam is a peaceful religion. I'm sure Muslims will just have a candlelight vigil and letter writing campaign if there are any concerns.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Islam is a peaceful religion. I'm sure Muslims will just have a candlelight vigil and letter writing campaign if there are any concerns.

While there are many good Muslims out there; there are also quite a few with those same indoctrinated beliefs. And we are not talking about a handful or even a few thousand. You have to wonder what is coming when you have an entire country's government, like Iran, backing this ideology.

Lets hope Wright does not team up with these guys..

Edited by Boo-Yah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bCrCsTMokTU

VERY PROVOCATIVE!!!!

Will be interesting to see how riled up and excited people get over this one!!!

Edited by funkyab

9/2006 Met in Sweden

2/2007 Began Dating in Holland

11/24/2007 Married (nairobi)

Clerk wedding 12/14/2007 (nairobi)

12/21/2007 Filed DCF

2/13/2008 Interview 221g

Waiting

3/26/2008 Approved

3 months 6 days from filing to approval including 221g AP.

I wonder if this is in response to the outrage by Muslims to the dutch cartoon comic of the dog pissing on the flag that says "There is only one God and Muhammad is his prophet."

Nah this isn't a response to that cartoon.. as a matter of fact, I do not even know of the existince of such cartoon.. according to the person behind this movie, it is a movie to show the people in the Netherlands how the islam is.

This movie has been being talked about in my country for a lot of months and we were wondering if it would even get released since it took so long for him to do that. We started to think it would be a april 1 joke.

Anyways, the way people respond to this movie before it was released made me think it would be a very bad movie for muslims and such since the guy behind it is obviously against the islam. But, now that I saw the movie, I can only say it is one big joke. If this is how he wants us to warn about the islam then he completely failed in that, and I am glad he failed bigtime as well. All I see in this so-called movie is a bunch of terrorists that use the islam as an excuse to do the things they do, I do not see the Islam/Khoran telling them to do these things (altho there are a few passages in this movie which he says are taken from the Khoran but then again, I'm sure you'll find similar passages in the bible as well).

Also, I cannot really even say it is a movie since it is just (stolen) images of a lot of stuff which we have seen before (any kid using moviemaker could make this). It's just an utter joke if you ask me, he completely failed at what he wanted to do and I think it is a good thing he failed at it.

This guy behind that movie is one of the best guarded persons in my country and with this movie he is putting the integrity of my country on the risk, not to mention the safety of every inhabitant of this country because, like said, you never know what might happen next in response to this movie. Yes, I am for the freedom of speech, but I also think people should keep their mouth shut at certain times and that is something this guy has not learned unfortunately.

Another funny part on the whole movie.. it seems he used a lot of materials without asking for copyright. Like the background music, the danish cartoon, an image of mohammed b (which was not even this guy but a lookalike) and the news footage. From what I have heard last night, they can sue him for all these things and I seriously hope they will as well.. let him pay for these things, he is doing this country wrong with his idiotic release of a so-called movie, giving this country a bad name.

Seriously, the things he said, if you would replace all the things where he says 'Khoran', Muslims' and 'Islam' into the Jewish bible (dunno the name tho), the Jews and their religion, then he would have been sued for anti semitism for a long time already, it is making me kinda sick. He should let those people believe what they want to believe, let them be in their own worthy state of minds. In my eyes he is nothing better then Hitler was back in 1933... both sick f&$ks.

Again another reason why I can't be bothered by leaving this country to live with my sweet wifey.

Sorry for the rant but I seriously dislike the guy behind this movie.

Edited by svache

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Another funny part on the whole movie.. it seems he used a lot of materials without asking for copyright.

How do you know the author used materials without asking for copyright?

Well there are fair use exceptions. But it depends how the materials are used. Is it a parody?

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

OK here's my two cents,and yes I'm well aware of a lot of people disagreeing with me and so forth so again this is MY opinion (and yes some of you may feel the need to call me names again so if it makes you feel better call me a Nazi and whatever else.......):

That "movie" is the truth and nothing but the truth.All of this was done by Islamists .And unfortunatley there is those ppl that will kill in the name of Allah (so they say cause if Allah is something like God then what they do is NOT done in his name) or the ISlam,holy war -whatever.

I can't say about other countries but here in Germany ,young male Muslims are causing A LOT of very serious trouble latley.They are being taken off the streets by Imams (sorry if not spelled correctly) and get "converted" from being a normal young guy into a Islamist.

We had several discussions about the matter on TV here recently,it's all over the news and I have experienced quite a bit myself.........

I say it's about freaking time somebody finally spoke up and tried to open the worlds eyes about them ppl.NOT ALL MUSLIMS are bad ppl,BUT right about now there's a lot going on with especially young Muslim men.And it is dangerous and I'm pretty sure there will be pretty bad reactions to this "movie".

It wasn't a Dutch Man flying them Planes on September 11th,thats for sure and we all here now that NONE of them hijackers ,killers and some other nice words I'd have for them was old.It's the younger generation that freaks out because they have problems and turn to "religion" only that they confuse religion with the ppl they follow,listen to,believe in and take orders from.

Again,if Allah is anywhere like God all this cant be going on in his name............

Natasha

Met on May 17,2005

Got engaged on Sep 15th,2006

Came to the US for good on Jan 27th,2009

and we got married on March 28th,2009

GOD , grant me the serenity

to accept the things I can not change

the courage to change the things I can

and the wisdom to know the difference!

Another funny part on the whole movie.. it seems he used a lot of materials without asking for copyright.

How do you know the author used materials without asking for copyright?

Some of the copyright owners claimed this on Dutch news yesterday.

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
OK here's my two cents,and yes I'm well aware of a lot of people disagreeing with me and so forth so again this is MY opinion (and yes some of you may feel the need to call me names again so if it makes you feel better call me a Nazi and whatever else.......):

That "movie" is the truth and nothing but the truth.All of this was done by Islamists .And unfortunatley there is those ppl that will kill in the name of Allah (so they say cause if Allah is something like God then what they do is NOT done in his name) or the ISlam,holy war -whatever.I can't say about other countries but here in Germany ,young male Muslims are causing A LOT of very serious trouble latley.They are being taken off the streets by Imams (sorry if not spelled correctly) and get "converted" from being a normal young guy into a Islamist.

We had several discussions about the matter on TV here recently,it's all over the news and I have experienced quite a bit myself.........

I say it's about freaking time somebody finally spoke up and tried to open the worlds eyes about them ppl.NOT ALL MUSLIMS are bad ppl,BUT right about now there's a lot going on with especially young Muslim men.And it is dangerous and I'm pretty sure there will be pretty bad reactions to this "movie".

It wasn't a Dutch Man flying them Planes on September 11th,thats for sure and we all here now that NONE of them hijackers ,killers and some other nice words I'd have for them was old.It's the younger generation that freaks out because they have problems and turn to "religion" only that they confuse religion with the ppl they follow,listen to,believe in and take orders from.

Again,if Allah is anywhere like God all this cant be going on in his name............

Natasha

FYI-"Allah" is arabic for "God"... not some different entity.

Many atrocities have been carried out in God's name for centuries, in EVERY religion.

Unfortunatley..young,angry,confused and lost men and women are subjectable to someone telling them they are imprtant and needed for some cause.. this happens with streetgangs,skinheads.. ect. "islamists" as you say are not the only group that are preying on the young people of this world.

My 2 cents

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

You're absolutley right Lisa.

I was just trying to get my point across,that not ALL Muslims are bad ppl but that there's ppl fishers outthere that use young ppl for their evil plans.

Nat

Met on May 17,2005

Got engaged on Sep 15th,2006

Came to the US for good on Jan 27th,2009

and we got married on March 28th,2009

GOD , grant me the serenity

to accept the things I can not change

the courage to change the things I can

and the wisdom to know the difference!