Nutty

The little things your husband/wife does

47 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

When we eat fruit, my husband is always taking the first bite and then insisting I eat the remaining fruit. Pushing it my hand and saying, "this one is really delicious!" He always wants to give me his sweetest fruit.

Brings me a glass of water when I go to bed (doesn't sound romantic, but it shows he cares).

Adjusting my clothing to make sure nothing risque (by his standards) was showing. Although I found this habit annoying at times, I knew it was because he cared about me.

When I was very sick a few times, he would bring me food and sit by my side. Sometimes doing Charlie Chaplin-like pantomime things to make me laugh.

How about your spouses???? What do they do???

hey girl,

im a bit pissed at him at the moment...men cannot solve problems lol

but ya, the whole eating fruit thing I always got that from him..i hated apples and pineapples and he made me finsih them

if i get pissed he gives me space

i know what you mean, if they didnt do this stuff they would not deserve so much of our time and attention and love :bonk:

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband rubs lotion on my huge pregnant belly just about every night. I love that, because my muscles are hurting.

One thing that he does that annoys me, is he leaves candy wrappers in the cup holder in the car. :blink:

Can't say that I've ever had him offer me unfinished fruit before though. My husband eats anything that doesn't eat him first, and is usually the one to finish everything before I do. :blush:

Although, he is scolding me about eating healthier now that I'm carrying our son. I can't complain though. At least I know he cares.

100_0979.jpg

Adjustment of Status

June 8th 2007 - AOS packet sent

June 18th 2007 - NOA's recieved

July 18th 2007 - Biometrics Appointment 9am Memphis

September 18th 2007 - 1 year EAD card arrived

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

rubs my feet every night

cooks for me

washes my hair

rubs ben gay on my hands every night

goes grocery shopping without me

he does soooo many nice things for me without me ever asking...so many i can't remember

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

the way she plays with my...

12-14-07 Sent K-1 petition

12-17-07 Received NOA1

01-06-08 Got engaged!!!

02-21-08 NOA2 Approved

02-27-08 NVC processed petition

02-28-08 Received NOA2 in mail

03-03-08 Consulate in Rio de Janeiro received petition

03-21-08 Received packet for interview

04-22-08 Visa Interview and Visa APPROVED!

05-06-08 Visa received in mail

07-28-08 Wedding Date (Reception was 26th, but forgot to reigster for MC...oops)

10-04-08 Applied for AOS (EAD and AP also)

10-09-08 NOA1 for I-485

10-27-08 I-485 transferred to CSC

11-04-08 I-485 Biometrics appointment

11-13-08 NOA1 for EAD

12-09-08 EAD Biometrics appointment

01-08-09 AP Approved

01-13-09 AP Received

Cost of 3 roundtrip tickets to Brazil in last 3 years...... $2,900+

Cost of filing petitions for K-1 visa & AOS.................... $1,465+

Cost of monthly calling cards to Brazil........................$20

Cost of marrying the woman of my dreams.... PRICELESS

.png

When we eat fruit, my husband is always taking the first bite and then insisting I eat the remaining fruit. Pushing it my hand and saying, "this one is really delicious!" He always wants to give me his sweetest fruit.

Brings me a glass of water when I go to bed (doesn't sound romantic, but it shows he cares).

Adjusting my clothing to make sure nothing risque (by his standards) was showing. Although I found this habit annoying at times, I knew it was because he cared about me.

When I was very sick a few times, he would bring me food and sit by my side. Sometimes doing Charlie Chaplin-like pantomime things to make me laugh.

How about your spouses???? What do they do???

Every little thing has a big impact.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: Other Timeline

I had bad allergy attacks in Nepal(not every day but too often) and one time we were in Nagarkot which is an isolated place without a lot of shops and amenities - he went searching everywhere for tissues when I ran out and was so concerned about me - when we are online he is always asking about my allergies.

He remembers little sentimental things like the room number where we spent our wedding night so we plan on going back to the same room for our anniversary... (L)

He always asks about my family and remembers if someone is sick

He asks about the weather here and reminds me to bundle up if it's cold out.

Among other things...

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
she wears this around the house

Where'd you get a picture of my fiancee!?!?

Edited by Jack and Barbara

12-14-07 Sent K-1 petition

12-17-07 Received NOA1

01-06-08 Got engaged!!!

02-21-08 NOA2 Approved

02-27-08 NVC processed petition

02-28-08 Received NOA2 in mail

03-03-08 Consulate in Rio de Janeiro received petition

03-21-08 Received packet for interview

04-22-08 Visa Interview and Visa APPROVED!

05-06-08 Visa received in mail

07-28-08 Wedding Date (Reception was 26th, but forgot to reigster for MC...oops)

10-04-08 Applied for AOS (EAD and AP also)

10-09-08 NOA1 for I-485

10-27-08 I-485 transferred to CSC

11-04-08 I-485 Biometrics appointment

11-13-08 NOA1 for EAD

12-09-08 EAD Biometrics appointment

01-08-09 AP Approved

01-13-09 AP Received

Cost of 3 roundtrip tickets to Brazil in last 3 years...... $2,900+

Cost of filing petitions for K-1 visa & AOS.................... $1,465+

Cost of monthly calling cards to Brazil........................$20

Cost of marrying the woman of my dreams.... PRICELESS

.png

Not very happy with mine right now but he .... well... i know he MUST do SOMETHING that shows he cares......

:huh: ummmmm

oh oh..I got one... he always answers his mobile when he sees its me calling EVEN if he's super busy.

I'll have to get back to ya if I can think of any more..

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Ritesh is a big 'feeder' also - anything he eats or cooks, he loves to share with me...

Head massages with oil...

Complete body massages...

Never missed a day in 2.5 years of calling me, no matter where in the world each of us are...

Took 10 days off of work to be by my side in the hospital through two surgeries, fed me, bathed me, changed my bed pan in emergencies, yelled at nurses and doctors when necessary, spent a day in summer weather (in India, on a motorcycle!) traveling all over town to find my blood type, nursed me back to health for two months...

Hand washed ALL the dishes after a Christmas gathering for 15 people...

Stays in the bedroom when I need some time just to myself/gives me my space...

Always thinks of my comfort and happiness first when planning trips, nights on the town, etc.

Always talks things through and never raises his voice or temper...

Is calm when I am exasperated about things in India, things to do with this process, etc.

Met at work Sept. 2005

Started dating Nov. 2005

Got engaged Oct. 2007

Married January 5, 2008

Submitted I-130 in Delhi February 6, 2008 NOA1

Sent DS 230, DS 2001 to Chennai via courier Feb. 21, 2008

Received Case number from Chennai Consulate Feb. 22, 2008 (Postmarked Feb. 13)

Received Email Confirmation of Interview Date on March 5th: April 3rd!

SUCCESS - VISA APPROVED ON APRIL 3RD!! :) :)

POE Detroit - May 19, 2008

Applied for SSN: June 5th - Received Card: June 12th

Received Green Gard: June 12th

Driver's License: July 28th

Move to St. Louis/Ritesh starts his job: August 5th

Filed: Timeline

Carolynritesh...wow....I think I vote for your hubby!!!! he's a poster man for good behaviour in my book.......

Ritesh is a big 'feeder' also - anything he eats or cooks, he loves to share with me...

Never missed a day in 2.5 years of calling me, no matter where in the world each of us are...

Took 10 days off of work to be by my side in the hospital through two surgeries, fed me, bathed me, changed my bed pan in emergencies, yelled at nurses and doctors when necessary, spent a day in summer weather (in India, on a motorcycle!) traveling all over town to find my blood type, nursed me back to health for two months...

Always thinks of my comfort and happiness first when planning trips, nights on the town, etc.

Is calm when I am exasperated about things in India, things to do with this process, etc.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

There are many, but I will list a few.....

Hachemi will come home on his 30 minute lunch break, just to get a kiss. Then go straight back to work.

He saved his extra money for 4 months to buy a laptop computer for me.

I still have trouble with my neck and back after our bad wreck last year, and when we where in Books a Million, he bought a book on therapeutic massage. He gives a really good massage now.

I will be in the bedroom, and Hachemi in the den. I get a text message from him. "Love U"

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Carolynritesh...wow....I think I vote for your hubby!!!! he's a poster man for good behaviour in my book.......

Aaw, thanks! I think he is pretty special, wouldn't trade him for the world! :blush::star:(L)

Met at work Sept. 2005

Started dating Nov. 2005

Got engaged Oct. 2007

Married January 5, 2008

Submitted I-130 in Delhi February 6, 2008 NOA1

Sent DS 230, DS 2001 to Chennai via courier Feb. 21, 2008

Received Case number from Chennai Consulate Feb. 22, 2008 (Postmarked Feb. 13)

Received Email Confirmation of Interview Date on March 5th: April 3rd!

SUCCESS - VISA APPROVED ON APRIL 3RD!! :) :)

POE Detroit - May 19, 2008

Applied for SSN: June 5th - Received Card: June 12th

Received Green Gard: June 12th

Driver's License: July 28th

Move to St. Louis/Ritesh starts his job: August 5th

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.