12yrs_inUS

The documentation submitted is insufficient.

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

:wacko: I got a letter from Vermont Service Center today. It says "Submit copies of additional documents indicating that the marriage upon which you were granted conditional status was entered in "good faith" and was not the the purpose of circumventing immigtation laws. These documents should demonstrate the circumstances of the relationship from the date of the marriage to the present date (for the entire period of your marriage), and any circumstances surrounding the end of the relationship, if it has ended."

For I-751, I submitted:

1. Copy of our 2006 joint federal and states of New York and New Jersey tax return.
  2. Copy of car insurance policy and ID cards.
  3. Copy of our credit cards showing a joint account.
  4. Copy of our health insurance confirmation statement for the year of 2007 and cards showing a joint policy.
  5. Copy of our bank statements on joint accounts.
  6. Copy of a postcard that my husband's cousin and her husband sent to us from Iceland, addressed to both of our names.
  7. Copy of our passport pages for vacations abroad and pictures that we have had.

We don't have jointly leased property or mortgage. No life insurance policies or no joint utility bills. My husband says, "Send the same documents as you sent before." I beginning to think that I need to submit tax return, auto and health insurance policies for the entire period of our marriage, but we do NOT save the old health or auto insurance polices. What do you think?

Conditional Green Card Process at Newark, NJ

Aug 02, 2004: NOA Notice Date

Aug 19, 2004: Biometrics in Hackensack

Oct 28, 2004: EAD approved

Nov 5, 2004: EAD card received

Nov 16, 2004: NJ driver's license renewed (good only for one year)

Oct 4, 2005: Had the interview and AOS approved!!

Oct 8, 2005: Welcome letter arrived

Oct 11, 2005: Green Card arrived & Case Status Service updated

Removing Conditions Process

July 7, 2007 Mailed I-751 application to VSC

Sep 6, 2007 Biometrics appointment letter received - Notice Date: 8/31/07

Sep 17, 2007 NOA extending GC for another year received - Notice Date: 7/30/07

Sep 28, 2007 Biometrics at Hackensack at 8:00 AM

May 15, 2008 Card production ordered

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

do you have any bills, memberships etc.. that are just in your name and some just in your spouses name...?? these would show that you live at the same address....

I don't think sending more evidence of what you sent in is going to help much.... they want to see a variety of stuff ...

and like it says they want to see stuff that spans the whole marriage....

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
:wacko: I got a letter from Vermont Service Center today. It says "Submit copies of additional documents indicating that the marriage upon which you were granted conditional status was entered in "good faith" and was not the the purpose of circumventing immigtation laws. These documents should demonstrate the circumstances of the relationship from the date of the marriage to the present date (for the entire period of your marriage), and any circumstances surrounding the end of the relationship, if it has ended."

For I-751, I submitted:

1. Copy of our 2006 joint federal and states of New York and New Jersey tax return.
  4. Copy of our health insurance confirmation statement for the year of 2007 and cards showing a joint policy.
  6. Copy of a postcard that my husband's cousin and her husband sent to us from Iceland, addressed to both of our names.
  7. Copy of our passport pages for vacations abroad and pictures that we have had.
We don't have jointly leased property or mortgage. No life insurance policies or no joint utility bills. My husband says, "Send the same documents as you sent before." I beginning to think that I need to submit tax return, auto and health insurance policies for the entire period of our marriage, but we do NOT save the old health or auto insurance polices. What do you think?

I would get the transcripts for all the joint federal taxes filed and submit statements from each year you've had the same joint bank account and credit card account...

If you have no joint leased property or mortgage I'd write an explanation why (eg US Citizen had property before marriage)

I agree sending the exact same stuff will get you nowhere.

good luck

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Most credit cards, utility bills, banks, insurance policies, etc. can get you old statements if you request them--just call them and they can be sent or faxed to you.

Do you have joint tax returns from 2005 or 2007?

How about Affadavits of people who know you?

Maybe old paychecks addressed to your common address?

You could also write some sort of statement about why you didn't show joint ownership of your property (many states are joint property states, so legally it wouldn't be necessary).

Maybe something showing that you are each other's beneficiary on retirement accounts, etc.?

You could also draft a will--there are some places where you can do this quite easily and inexpensively.

Good luck!

Carolyn and Simo

Fell in love in Morocco: March 2004

Welcome to the USA: May 19, 2005 :)

Our Wedding Day: July 9, 2005

AOS interview: March, 2006--Success!

Applied for Removal of Conditions on Residence: March, 2008--Approved August 11, 2008

Baby Ilyas born: August 16, 2008!

rPXNm5.png

Filed: Timeline

Unbelievable! I would think that is sufficient evidence. There is another similar post today about an RFE from Vermont Service Center by "GalyasTorpedo". Hope someone who has gone through this can shed some more light.

Good luck!

Removing Conditioins

02/25/08 Mailed I751

03/05/08 Check cashed by Californice Service Center not Nebraska!

03/07/08 Got NOA1 Dated 02/27/08

03/15/08 Biometrics Letter rec'd

03/31/08 Biometrics Done

06/03/08 Got Approval Email

06/10/08 Gr. Card Received!

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and nothing I say should be taken as legal advice, only an opinion.

Did you submit affidavits from friends? We didn't have a lot of other proof so submitted five affidavits from our close friends and family.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Maybe the key here is from the date of marriage to the present date. Send in statements, tax transcripts from 2004 to the present. You don't have to send in a monthly statement, just sample one for each year (maybe the middle of the year) to show that the accounts are active and had been active since you got married.

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
We don't have jointly leased property or mortgage.

If you don't have jointly leased property or mortgage, then what's your living arrangement? Do your driver's licenses have a common address on it?

Thank you very much for responding to my posting, everybody. I'm trying to collect anything we have; called credit card company and auto insurance company. looked for old insurance policies. We changed auto insurance companies, though.

My husband bought a house just before we got married, so the mortgage is only under his name. A copy of both driver's licenses is good, too? I'll make a copy for that.

I'll keep looking for more documentation and tell you the result.

Conditional Green Card Process at Newark, NJ

Aug 02, 2004: NOA Notice Date

Aug 19, 2004: Biometrics in Hackensack

Oct 28, 2004: EAD approved

Nov 5, 2004: EAD card received

Nov 16, 2004: NJ driver's license renewed (good only for one year)

Oct 4, 2005: Had the interview and AOS approved!!

Oct 8, 2005: Welcome letter arrived

Oct 11, 2005: Green Card arrived & Case Status Service updated

Removing Conditions Process

July 7, 2007 Mailed I-751 application to VSC

Sep 6, 2007 Biometrics appointment letter received - Notice Date: 8/31/07

Sep 17, 2007 NOA extending GC for another year received - Notice Date: 7/30/07

Sep 28, 2007 Biometrics at Hackensack at 8:00 AM

May 15, 2008 Card production ordered

Filed: Timeline

For I-751, I submitted:

I believe you should send in tax returns from 2004, 2005 showing your marital status and some random examples of jointly-commingled financial records for that same period too.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Unbelievable! I would think that is sufficient evidence.

Similarities that I have seen in other previous RFE posts:

--not enough evidence that spans the entirety of the marriage

--not enough evidence that shows co-mingling of assets and liabilities

The OP's list has both of these problems, so I am not surprised.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
We don't have jointly leased property or mortgage.

If you don't have jointly leased property or mortgage, then what's your living arrangement? Do your driver's licenses have a common address on it?

My husband bought a house just before we got married, so the mortgage is only under his name.

What about the deed? Is it still only in his name? While the mortgage may be in his name, your name should be on the deed. It costs relatively little to have the deed transferred from just him to both of you. I would get that done.

This failure to account for shared living arrangements is definitely one of the things they're looking for (along with at least two more years' worth of tax returns).

Meh

Hi,

I got the same problem as yours,I'm starting collecting the requirement from my previous marriage for filing the I-751 and its gonna be hard for me too coz i cant get help from my ex husband..My question is It Is possible to get all the copy that we sent to immigration before coz its all the same requirements?

Marianne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I agree. I was lucky and thank the fact that read VisaJourney before submitting our package. Although we had the documention to support co-mingling of assets and liabilities through-out the marriage, I most likely would have submitted our latest bank statements and tax returns and figured it was enough and presumed since it wad a continuation of what we files for AOS. Following the advice here I realized how wrong that was (whew).

Once again..showing how valuable this forum is :thumbs: .

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I agree. I was lucky and thank the fact that read VisaJourney before submitting our package. Although we had the documention to support co-mingling of assets and liabilities through-out the marriage, I most likely would have submitted our latest bank statements and tax returns and figured it was enough and presumed since it wad a continuation of what we files for AOS. Following the advice here I realized how wrong that was (whew).

Once again..showing how valuable this forum is :thumbs: .

Ok, I have a question ... most of us have come to the US a while - months if not longer than that after gettng married. So i assume the evidence they would refer to is from the time you actually started living together as husband and wife here in the right? I do not think we should provide evidence propr to that ... I am getting my pack ready myself ...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.