12yrs_inUS

The documentation submitted is insufficient.

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We included evidence from my 'relocation' to the US, as well as through all of our years of marriage. I feel that paying a moving company to bring an apartment full of personal belongings to my new address, as well as bringing my cats to the same house showed a financial and 'familial' commitment to the intent of living together at the same address so I included evidence of those relocations as well. That initial evidence was supported by nearly 4 years worth of co-mingled assets and documentation indicating we both live at this same address - along with 'our' cats, and have joined our lives together in virtually all ways. (hehehe, darn, I just realized I could have included the phytosanitary certificates I got in order to bring some of my houseplants with me - including the one that was started by my grandmother. Now doesn't that prove an intent to create a home with my new husband?! hehehe)

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Unbelievable! I would think that is sufficient evidence.

Similarities that I have seen in other previous RFE posts:

--not enough evidence that spans the entirety of the marriage

--not enough evidence that shows co-mingling of assets and liabilities

The OP's list has both of these problems, so I am not surprised.

I agree. I was lucky and thank the fact that read VisaJourney before submitting our package. Although we had the documention to support co-mingling of assets and liabilities through-out the marriage, I most likely would have submitted our latest bank statements and tax returns and figured it was enough and presumed since it wad a continuation of what we files for AOS. Following the advice here I realized how wrong that was (whew).

Once again..showing how valuable this forum is :thumbs: .

Ok, I have a question ... most of us have come to the US a while - months if not longer than that after gettng married. So i assume the evidence they would refer to is from the time you actually started living together as husband and wife here in the right? I do not think we should provide evidence propr to that ... I am getting my pack ready myself ...

I'm not 100% clear on what you are asking but what I understand they are looking to see you didn't just open accounts and file taxes together recently just to satisfy the USCIS test of a valid marriage. By showing you have long standing accounts together (bank accounts, credit cards, tax filing etc) should satisfy that requirement.

Filed: Country: Gambia
Timeline

I just receieved the same letter yesterday from my lawyer from Vermont, asking me to submit more envidence . i submitted my join tax return for year 2004, and 2005 , statment of account for that period, credit card on the same name , and affidavit , transportation tkt showing back from front from new place she relocated to, The issue now is that, me and my wife we have seperated for almost 18 months, but we jointly filled together llast year, and we did not have joint tax return for 2006 and 2007 we intend to file seperately , we still communicate, but having some marrital problem , she dont leave with me anymore she has moved to another state. The only thing we have together is the Credit card bills that we are still paying... I got in touch with my lawyer and he said I should go and get more evidence, I cannot found any other envidence besides the one i have submitted . I dont know what to do anymore, If you have any good suggesstion please let me know

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

OK, I mailed a package to USCIS yesterday. The "Additional Documents" list are:

1. Original Form I-797

2. Our 2004, 2005 and 2007 joint federal and states tax return (We already submitted 2006 tax return. The I-797 says "Do not send copies of documents previously submitted.")

3. 2007 and 2008 Benefit Confirmation Statement for life and health insurance from my husband's employer (We couldn't find the copy for year 2004 - 2006 since they are too old to keep.)

4. Beneficiary Designation Form for Pension Play from my husband's employer

5. Beneficiary Designation Form from my employer

6. Letter from credit card company stating joint account

7. Letter from auto insurance company stating joint account (Only current company; the company we had when we got married was merged to another company, changing its name, then we switched to another company afterward. We don't have ID for either company. Who keeps all of information you don't think you would need anyway?)

8. Letter from bank stating joint accounts

9. County Department of Parks Registration Card showing two of us under one family name

10. Driver's licence showing the same address

11. Passport pages for vacation abroad in this year (We already submitted up to the year before.)

Also, we explained why we don't have any joint property. Hope it will work this time. If USCIS decides to have an interview, that will be fine! Rather than looking for old papers we might not have!

Conditional Green Card Process at Newark, NJ

Aug 02, 2004: NOA Notice Date

Aug 19, 2004: Biometrics in Hackensack

Oct 28, 2004: EAD approved

Nov 5, 2004: EAD card received

Nov 16, 2004: NJ driver's license renewed (good only for one year)

Oct 4, 2005: Had the interview and AOS approved!!

Oct 8, 2005: Welcome letter arrived

Oct 11, 2005: Green Card arrived & Case Status Service updated

Removing Conditions Process

July 7, 2007 Mailed I-751 application to VSC

Sep 6, 2007 Biometrics appointment letter received - Notice Date: 8/31/07

Sep 17, 2007 NOA extending GC for another year received - Notice Date: 7/30/07

Sep 28, 2007 Biometrics at Hackensack at 8:00 AM

May 15, 2008 Card production ordered

Timeline

Good luck:-). It looks good and should help reassure immigration.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Filed: Timeline
I just receieved the same letter yesterday from my lawyer from Vermont, asking me to submit more envidence . i submitted my join tax return for year 2004, and 2005 , statment of account for that period, credit card on the same name , and affidavit , transportation tkt showing back from front from new place she relocated to, The issue now is that, me and my wife we have seperated for almost 18 months, but we jointly filled together llast year, and we did not have joint tax return for 2006 and 2007 we intend to file seperately , we still communicate, but having some marrital problem , she dont leave with me anymore she has moved to another state. The only thing we have together is the Credit card bills that we are still paying... I got in touch with my lawyer and he said I should go and get more evidence, I cannot found any other envidence besides the one i have submitted . I dont know what to do anymore, If you have any good suggesstion please let me know

From a cursory glance and if I am understanding your post correctly, if you submitted the I-751 a year ago with your now-estranged wife, it could be that USCIS are wondering if the application was jointly-filed, why nothing from 2006 and 2007 was submitted by you to support your sustaining marriage. You say you didn't submit a joint tax return for 2006, but did you file tax returns at all? If so did you both declare that you were still married on those returns? Also, have either of you submitted a Change of Address, since you don't reside together any more? Lastly, if you have been separated for 18 months now, are you headed towards divorce, and what state do you, the alien, reside in at this time?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Country: Gambia
Timeline

From a cursory glance and if I am understanding your post correctly, if you submitted the I-751 a year ago with your now-estranged wife, it could be that USCIS are wondering if the application was jointly-filed, why nothing from 2006 and 2007 was submitted by you to support your sustaining marriage. You say you didn't submit a joint tax return for 2006, but did you file tax returns at all? If so did you both declare that you were still married on those returns? Also, have either of you submitted a Change of Address, since you don't reside together any more? Lastly, if you have been separated for 18 months now, are you headed towards divorce, and what state do you, the alien, reside in at this time?

I submitted the Joint filling together with the joint tax of 2005 and 2006 , the 2007 I have not filed the tax when i submitted this paper, and the 2007 was done married but filed seperately and also 2008. We have consider divorce before, but still trying to work things out. I live here in new york

• 1 month later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello there!

I'm very happy to report that USCIS emailed me on the new card production. :thumbs:

All the time, efforts and money paid off.

Good luck to everyone who is going through the similar situation as I did.

Here is the copy of the email:

Application Type: CRI89 , PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On May 15, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Conditional Green Card Process at Newark, NJ

Aug 02, 2004: NOA Notice Date

Aug 19, 2004: Biometrics in Hackensack

Oct 28, 2004: EAD approved

Nov 5, 2004: EAD card received

Nov 16, 2004: NJ driver's license renewed (good only for one year)

Oct 4, 2005: Had the interview and AOS approved!!

Oct 8, 2005: Welcome letter arrived

Oct 11, 2005: Green Card arrived & Case Status Service updated

Removing Conditions Process

July 7, 2007 Mailed I-751 application to VSC

Sep 6, 2007 Biometrics appointment letter received - Notice Date: 8/31/07

Sep 17, 2007 NOA extending GC for another year received - Notice Date: 7/30/07

Sep 28, 2007 Biometrics at Hackensack at 8:00 AM

May 15, 2008 Card production ordered

Timeline

Congratulations!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.