Chris Future

Disparity Between VSC and CSC and

111 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

....general rant...

Is anyone else being driven crazy by this? Why are we out of luck simply because we happen to live on the left side of the Mississippi? Did the chocolate bomb people sent to the VSC in November start this off? I noticed that the VSC kicked up their numbers in November, right after the got sent a bunch of chocolate kisses. Doubt if we do that to CSC that we'll get the same speed increase, eh?

I seem to be seeing a pattern of approvals with UK based visas from VSC seeming to go faster - do you think theres been some special deal struck?

With our luck, President Obama will bring in the North American Union just as our visa is approved and all Canadians and Mexicans will become citizens overnight, and wont need a K1 at all. ;)

Sorry, but I'm frustrated with all of the speedy approvals. It not fair to the rest of us. There should be a standard, across the board, speedy approval rate and total clarity into the process at every step of the way. I read somewhere that it takes about 15 minutes to review an application. If thats the case, why is their "standard" of service 6 months. Some people have postulated that its because they want it it take a long time - they want us to just give up.

I don't want to rain on the lucky VSC folks with their speedy approvals, but I'm sure that the rest of us stuck in the slow line are feeling the frustration and are depressed by all this. Its almost making me want to stop looking at VJ, its that depressing.

Folks, I've been waiting 26 years to be with my fiance, shes my high school sweetheart - we met back in 1980, dated in 1982, lost touch and then reconnected in 2006. Because of the vagaries of all the processes we've had to go through, it might be 3 years before we are together for good. We are very tactile people, and talk every day via Skype and webcam, but its not enough. Its torture not to be together, and I don't think that the processors understand that they are dealing with people here, us and all the other couples on VJ, who love each other deeply and just want to be together and don't understand why they have to suffer through this extended torture of being apart.

I mentioned once to an attorney friend that I was planning on bringing my fiance down - she said - oh now that you are an American citizen it should be really quick. If you ask me, illegal immigrants get more care and support and speedy processing than those of us who want to do everything by the book and honor the laws of the country.

Anyways, sorry for the long rant but the frustrations sometimes get the better of you, don't they?

Thanks...Chris

---

Unucky Left-Coaster - Mailed to CSC 1/30/08 - No touches, no approvals, no rfes, no nuthin'

Edited by Chris Future

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I can't really speak on the current condition of VSC or CSC (we're at the medical then interview stage) it should be noted that they basically rejected the chocolates that were sent to them.

They gave a "Thanks but we can't accept this" reply to the girl who sent them, and yeah.

So I doubt that had anything to do with any increases in their productivity.

Our Immigration Journey!

I-129F

July 27, 2007 - NOA1 Received!!!!!!!!!

July 28, 2007 - Touch

November 28, 2007 - Touch!?

November 28, 2007 - NOA2 Received!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 5, 2007 - Told by NVC that our case has already been forwarded to London!

December 11, 2007 - Packet 3 mailed out by London!

January 08 - Packet 3 lost in the mail, waiting on a new one...

January 14, 2008 - Packet 3 finally received!

March 3, 2008 - Medical Appointment

April 10, 2008 - VISA INTERVIEW!!!!!! - APPROVED!!!!!

April 15, 2008 - Visa in hand!

May 12, 2008 - POE in the US!!!!

June 21, 2008 - Wedding!!!!!!!

I-485

July 30, 2008 - Filed for AOS

August 8, 2008 - NOA's received! (for 485, 765, 131)

August 27th, 2008 - Biometrics Appointment

September 22nd, 2008 - Case transferred to CSC

October 3rd, 2008 - Case at CSC, Touched, Touched again on 7th

October 20, 2008 - AP and EAD Approved!!!

October 27, 2008 - AP and EAD Received!!!

December 19th, and 21st 2008 - Touched

January 26th, 2009 - RFE...

February 27th, 2009 - NOTICE MAILED WELCOMING NEW PERMANENT RESIDENT!!

March 6, 2009 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!! LPR STATUS NOW OFFICIAL!!!

While I can't really speak on the current condition of VSC or CSC (we're at the medical then interview stage) it should be noted that they basically rejected the chocolates that were sent to them.

They gave a "Thanks but we can't accept this" reply to the girl who sent them, and yeah.

So I doubt that had anything to do with any increases in their productivity.

There is a regulation that reads: Gov employees can´t accept gifts from nobody. I didn´t say anything but I was sure they would reject them. Vermont Service Center is fast maybe they use other way of reviewing the petitions or maybe it is just a way of keeping their reputation of being faster than other Centers.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
....general rant...

Is anyone else being driven crazy by this? Why are we out of luck simply because we happen to live on the left side of the Mississippi? Did the chocolate bomb people sent to the VSC in November start this off? I noticed that the VSC kicked up their numbers in November, right after the got sent a bunch of chocolate kisses. Doubt if we do that to CSC that we'll get the same speed increase, eh?

I seem to be seeing a pattern of approvals with UK based visas from VSC seeming to go faster - do you think theres been some special deal struck?

With our luck, President Obama will bring in the North American Union just as our visa is approved and all Canadians and Mexicans will become citizens overnight, and wont need a K1 at all. ;)

Sorry, but I'm frustrated with all of the speedy approvals. It not fair to the rest of us. There should be a standard, across the board, speedy approval rate and total clarity into the process at every step of the way. I read somewhere that it takes about 15 minutes to review an application. If thats the case, why is their "standard" of service 6 months. Some people have postulated that its because they want it it take a long time - they want us to just give up.

I don't want to rain on the lucky VSC folks with their speedy approvals, but I'm sure that the rest of us stuck in the slow line are feeling the frustration and are depressed by all this. Its almost making me want to stop looking at VJ, its that depressing.

Folks, I've been waiting 26 years to be with my fiance, shes my high school sweetheart - we met back in 1980, dated in 1982, lost touch and then reconnected in 2006. Because of the vagaries of all the processes we've had to go through, it might be 3 years before we are together for good. We are very tactile people, and talk every day via Skype and webcam, but its not enough. Its torture not to be together, and I don't think that the processors understand that they are dealing with people here, us and all the other couples on VJ, who love each other deeply and just want to be together and don't understand why they have to suffer through this extended torture of being apart.

I mentioned once to an attorney friend that I was planning on bringing my fiance down - she said - oh now that you are an American citizen it should be really quick. If you ask me, illegal immigrants get more care and support and speedy processing than those of us who want to do everything by the book and honor the laws of the country.

Anyways, sorry for the long rant but the frustrations sometimes get the better of you, don't they?

Thanks...Chris

---

Unucky Left-Coaster - Mailed to CSC 1/30/08 - No touches, no approvals, no rfes, no nuthin'

now now try to stay calm ,if you freak out after 1 month of sending the package , how are you goin to handle not hearing nothing for a few month if it comes down to it ? ,

ok got a question can you check if they recievd your package , ( tracking on line ) , did they cash your check , or did you get a NOA 1 ?

if you answer No to all the questions I would give them a call and see whats going on , ( but keep in mind a month without any news , is nothing new for USCIS wish you luck

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
....general rant...

Thanks...Chris

---

President Obama?? :lol::lol::lol: That's pretty funny! Sorry, but it wont matter who the president is, the Service centers will only work so quickly.

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

well they are government employeesand there fore not worried about their jobs. in the civilian sector there is accountability. 56 months do do 15 minutes of work would not fly

June 2006 Met on Myspace
Sep 21 2007 Proposed and she accepted
Dec 9 2007 Arrived in Manila
Dec 15 2007 Returned home, very sad day
Dec 21 2007 Sent Form I-129F to CSC
Dec 24 2007 Packet received at CSC
Dec 31 2007 NOA 1 received
Jan 02 2008 Check cashed
May 05 2008 NOA2
May 12 2008 Received letter from NVC MNL2008xxxxxx
May 19 2008 Paid Delbros fee at Metrobank
May 20 2008 First day of medical
May 21 2008 Told to return for sputum test
May 21 2008 Delbros confirmed receiving payment
May 27 2008 Delbros sent proof of payment to USEM
May 27,28,29 2008 Sputum test done
June 6 2008 Delbros sent doc ver request to the NSO
June 27 2008 NSO doc ver completed, to be picked up by USEM
July 1, 2008 Called USEM, doc ver is at the embassy
July 30, 2008 Passed the sputum test and finished the physical
Aug 5, 2008 Interview, PASSED received PINK SLIP
Aug 12 2008 VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you God
Aug 16,2008 Flight to US. Manila to Narita, to Chicago
Sept 8, 2008 Civil wedding
Feb 14, 2009 Big fancy wedding
groupresized.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Your other half is in Canada. You can go there almost at will and see her. You two can talk online daily.

You have it so good and don't even know it. I filed for someone in Africa. I can't afford to fly off to see himbecause of my work and kids and there is NO way he can get a visa to visit while we wait. He doesn't have a computer nor money to spend on cafes, which he doesn't trust do to the scammers. Phone service is terrible. I have spent 3 days trying to get through for a connection that lasted 4 minutes. ( Ok I am venting )

I have been waiting since November. And yes it is upsetting to see someone get approved for the same country that filed in Jan but I know there are people that filed in October that are also waiting.

The problem with the process is that being efficient would mean they wouldn't need as many of them. If you take forever then you have a job. I wish I could push them along or do something but it like having a baby. Some arrive earlier than others.

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

I agree the disparity between centers is beyond unfair....and speaking of unfair...I'm on the east of the Missippi and still had to file at the CSC...go figure...

Debbie & Barry

K-1 Timeline:

10-29-2007 Sent I 129-F to CSC

10-31-2007 I 129-F received CSC 9:48 AM

11-02-2007 NOA-1

11-07-2007 check cashed!

11-09-2007 NOA-1 hard copy received

3-11-08 RFE

3-17-08 RFE received by mail

3-22-08 RFE reply sent from England

4-09-08 RFE received CSC case resumed

4-18-08 NOA2 by email (after 172 days)

4-24-08 NOA2 hard copy

5-01-08 NVC received

5-02-08 case forwarded to US Embassy London

5-07-08 received by London Embassy

5-08-08 Packet 3 sent from Embassy

5-15-08 Packet 3 mailed recorded delivery

5-21-08 Packet 3 received US Embassy London

6-02-08 Medical

6-13-08 packet 4 received

7-01-08 Interview London Embassy Approved!

7-04-08 Visa in hand! hurray!

7-13-08 POE Cleveland, OH

9-23-08 (AOS package sent)

9-29-08 NOA received I-485, I-131, I-765

10-21-08 biometrics appt

12-12-08 EAD and AP received by mail!

2-04-2009 AOS approved!

2-12-2009 card received

11-05-2010 I-751 mailed to CSC

11-08-2010 received CS, NOA1 date

12-20-10 biometrics

02-09-11 ROC approved

02-14-11 Greencard received!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

I think it is also unfair. And I live in Michigan and for some reason I need to send my papers all the way across the country to California. It is kinda strange that I filed 9/13 and got my NOA 2 this February but I have seen other people get an NOA 2 that filed to VSC in middle/late December! (over 3 months difference but roughly the same time for a NOA2)

Edited by thegreatgate

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

It's unfair but then, what can we do? I realised CSC would take longer so I accounted for this when I sent the package in (had I been submitting to VSC, I might've delayed it by a couple of months).

I really don't believe UK people are being approved faster than anyone else. It annoys me to hear this - some UK people have been waiting a long time, and of the recent VSC approvals only a couple have been UK people - country of origin really doesn't appear to matter.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

I am a VSC filer and yes, i also feel that the disparity is unfair... but how do you think those VSC filers who have been left behind and have been waiting since june (taking note of the still active VSC june filers) with no NOA2 yet feel?

Yes, VSC have an unfair advantage and yes, it is sometimes hard to sympathize with a VSC whiner but I hope we won't discount the fact that not all VSC filers enjoy lightning speed approval and that makes the wait more frustrating since it has been emphasized again and again that VSC approves petitions really fast.

Even us "lucky VSC" filers are in this for the long haul, most have prepared ourselves for 3-4months waiting period but when say VSC November/December/January filers see fellow November/December/January filers getting approvals left and right, that is another kind of frustration. And of course some of them can't freely vent because they feel that they have not waited longer than CSC filers... but it doesn't make their agony less painful.

I feel for all CSC filers but my heart bleeds for all filers who have been waiting since way back June, and even those from recent months who are being left behind no matter where they filed.

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Timeline

Thanks for all your comments - I think the biggest issue I have with all of this is the whole transparency thing - why not in the 21st century cant we have an open process which lets us know exaclty where our application is how much longer it has to go, what they are doing with it etc. It feels like you just throw things into a big black hole and then you wait and pray that something happens.

The people who file all the forms and dot all the i's and cross all the t's and make sure everything is perfect and follow all the rules like us, seems to be the ones who get the short shrift, whereas illegal immigrants seem to be able to do what they please and get rewarded most of the time.

BTW, I'm not freaking out cause its only been a month. What I'm thinking is that I could be approved right now, just like those VSCers, but I'm not simply because of my location within the country. Everyones approval should be speedy.

And you are totally right - if the government outsourced this process to a private firm I bet things would turn around a lot faster.

I know there are no easy solutions. Well, they are, there is just not enough political will to do anything about it. As a "voting" block, we just don't have enough political clout to make a difference. This is why 12million illegals get noticed, but 100,000 legal visa seekers don't...

Edited by Chris Future

Timeline

what i find the most irritating about this process...yes we have to get in line and wait our turn...but why is that the government charges $455.00 nationwide and gives different degrees of service depending where you are located...disparity?? yes!!! yes i guess it is a lottery...we bought our ticket i guess we are just waiting for our numbers to come up... if it was the case of wanting to move our application quicker...you would think that CSC would not have as many apps and VSC would be the model office of government efficiency...posted government processing times are bunk!!! tell us the real story...like VSC and CSC are really on the same page in processing. ARGH :angry:

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Dear Chris you are so sweet,I agree with you its unfair but there isn't anything we can do about it...it is the GOVERNMENT.I am so upset :( I sent my petition to CSC on July 2008 and still waiting for the approval or denying ,so just be patient don't freak out yet the process just began for you. And rally hope that the process will get shorter in the future .Wish you good luck :)keep us posted :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's very disheartening to see couples that filed only 1 month before you at VSC get approved, knowing full well that I will probably still be waiting for NOA2 AFTER their wedding. The sad part for me is that I served this country with honor. I still wear the scars both physical and emotional. I've never asked for anything in return. I will get to watch other people pass me by in this visajourney, that have no idea the sacrifices I made for this country. It's really a shame how the people that actually defended this country are forgotten about so quickly.

Sorry, just my little addition to the rant

usflag1ex1wu2.gifphflag1cu8ef4.gif

dsc004701cw2.th.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.