DeadPoolX

If you could time travel...

Time Travel  

43 members have voted

1. 1. If you could time travel, what would you do? (you can select MORE THAN ONE answer)

• Invent some "new" technology and become rich.
    • Use your knowledge of what happens to bet on sports to win money.
    • Use your knowlege of what happens to invest in stocks to gain money.
    • Attempt to "right" wrongs that happened in the past.
    • Seek revenge on those who hurt you before or stop them from ever doing it in the first place.
    • Kill someone who you know will become a menace or threat at some point (i.e. Hitler)
    • Prevent attacks from happenng (i.e. Pearl Harbor or 9/11)
    • "Acquire" items from the past and sell them in mint condition on eBay.
    • Watch major historical events play out as they happened in real life.
    • Do something I didn't think of (please write down your answer)
  2. 2. What do you think are some of the risks of time travel? (you can select MORE THAN ONE answer)

• Harming your family line somehow (therefore never being born).
    • Getting stuck in the past or dying there somehow.
    • Accidentally being the cause of your own birth (or a family member's birth).
    • Murdering someone important to history (whether on purpose or by accident).
    • Ending up in some sort of disaster (i.e. earthquake, flood, tornado, etc).
    • Some risk I didn't think of (please write down your answer)
  3. 3. Is time travel even possible? (you may only select ONE answer)

• Sure, why not? Just because we haven't invented the means to do it doesn't mean it's impossible.
    • Possibly. There are all sorts of theories that both for and against time travel, so who knows?
    • Absolutely not. Even if you weren't to take the "grandfather paradox" into consideration, according to the laws of physics it's scientifically impossible.
    • I don't really care. If it can't be done, fine; if it can, it'll probably be a government-only operation, so I won't get to use it anyway.
    • None of the above really suit me (please write down your answer)

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, I don't know why I was thinking about this, but I was. Time travel has always interested me and so I've decided to make a poll based on it. Hopefully I've made enough options for everyone. If not, I'm sure someone will be more than happy enough to tell me. :P

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved "the Time Machine". The HG Wells book was good. I did like the 1960 movie with Rod Taylor but think I like the remake with Guy Pearce better.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Timeline

I wouldn't be interested in time travel so much as getting a second chance. There are some things I would have done differently such as paths I have chosen and how I have handled certain situations. While I have not enjoyed some of the challenges I have faced in life, I am appreciative of them for moulding and shaping me into the person I am today.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

mhh get an almanac like in back to the future, and get rich with the lottery, other than that, I couldn't try to correct something, because according to the time travel theories a time paradox might happen and the Universe could be destroyed

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Invent some "new" technology and become rich. - yes

Use your knowledge of what happens to bet on sports to win money. - yes

Use your knowlege of what happens to invest in stocks to gain money. - not much into that so no

Attempt to "right" wrongs that happened in the past. - there would be consequences to that, so no

Seek revenge on those who hurt you before or stop them from ever doing it in the first place. - no

Kill someone who you know will become a menace or threat at some point (i.e. Hitler) - no (I couldn't kill a human being unless its self defense)

Prevent attacks from happenng (i.e. Pearl Harbor or 9/11) - no. I would be seen as a crazy person, they'd probably lock me in a mental institute. Plus, some things happen for a reason. We learn from the past (or we're supposed to, at least)

"Acquire" items from the past and sell them in mint condition on eBay. - no. too much trouble.

Watch major historical events play out as they happened in real life. yes. OMG i'd give everything to watch Pink Floyd back in 79, or Woodstock.

Getting stuck in the past or dying there somehow.

Absolutely not. Even if you weren't to take the "grandfather paradox" into consideration, according to the laws of physics it's scientifically impossible. - ABSOLUTELY NOT! I'm a stronger believer it's impossible. Otherwise people from the future would wind up any day making a mistake and we'd find out about it. Do you really think someone from the future wouldn't have the idea of trying to stop Hitler or something like that?

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Watch major historical events play out as they happened in real life. yes. OMG i'd give everything to watch Pink Floyd back in 79, or Woodstock.

Absolutely not. Even if you weren't to take the "grandfather paradox" into consideration, according to the laws of physics it's scientifically impossible. - ABSOLUTELY NOT! I'm a stronger believer it's impossible. Otherwise people from the future would wind up any day making a mistake and we'd find out about it. Do you really think someone from the future wouldn't have the idea of trying to stop Hitler or something like that?

I wouldn't mind seeing the "PIG blowing up" tour again :P

How would we know if someone in the future did figure out how to time travel and have already fixed some really bad things.......we just don't know about it because they already fixed them in the past......paradox...my head hurts :wacko:

What if one of the people in the future found a way to time travel and came back and killed someone (like Hitler) but as it turns out that someone was their relative and they wouldn't exist if the relative died before they should have so then the person that discovered time travel wouldn't exist..... :wacko:

Edited by jasman0717

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I would try to have very little impact except I'd get rich off of sports betting (sounds easiest). Then I'd travel and write about it.

I wouldn't want to go back too far because I'm nearly blind, and I don't think they could even fully correct my vision until maybe the 50s. So before then I'd have been disabled by my eyes. I'd go back to the year I graduated college, maybe.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
I loved "the Time Machine". The HG Wells book was good. I did like the 1960 movie with Rod Taylor but think I like the remake with Guy Pearce better.

:thumbs: The 2002 movie ends with much more hope, and the Eloi in that version seem much more worth saving.

I'd go back in time and find myself when I was 18, then I'd kick his #######.

:lol:

I would try to have very little impact except I'd get rich off of sports betting (sounds easiest). Then I'd travel and write about it.

That's essentially what I would do. Go back and give myself investment/betting tips, and do historical research and write first-hand eyewitness accounts of historical events, leaving them to be found in the present.

I wouldn't want to go back too far because I'm nearly blind, and I don't think they could even fully correct my vision until maybe the 50s. So before then I'd have been disabled by my eyes. I'd go back to the year I graduated college, maybe.

Well, unless time travel works like in the Terminator movies/series, where only living flesh (or metal encased in living flesh) can travel in time, so you would arrive naked, you could bring your glasses with you.

Edited by Scott & Lai

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
Well, I don't know why I was thinking about this, but I was. Time travel has always interested me and so I've decided to make a poll based on it. Hopefully I've made enough options for everyone. If not, I'm sure someone will be more than happy enough to tell me. :P

I would love to go back to Ancient Rome.This time period had always fascinated me.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I would love to go back to Ancient Rome.This time period had always fascinated me.

Have you ever read Houshold Gods?

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007