anka

G-325A bio question

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I feel ridiculous asking this question, but me and my fiance are both a bit stumped :help:

My fiance is filling out the G-325A bio form (typing it up online and will then print it out, sign and send to me) and when he gets to "applicants residence of 5 years" section he cannot fit in the entire name of his city (Saint-Petersburg)---it goes "Saint Petersb+"

What is this +-sign?

What should he do?

What have others done in this situation that worked?

Did I miss something in the instructions about this???

Thanks so much and the best of luck to everyone!!!

As of:

June 26, 2012 - The Hubbs received his 10-year Permanent Residency Card (aka THE Greencard) in the mail today!

At long last, this highly stressful leg of our journey has come to a close - for now - and we couldn't be more grateful and appreciative for all the tremendous help and support here on VJ! Without VisaJourney I doubt we would be where my husband and I are today! Thanks to all!

wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

<333

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi everyone!

I feel ridiculous asking this question, but me and my fiance are both a bit stumped :help:

My fiance is filling out the G-325A bio form (typing it up online and will then print it out, sign and send to me) and when he gets to "applicants residence of 5 years" section he cannot fit in the entire name of his city (Saint-Petersburg)---it goes "Saint Petersb+"

What is this +-sign?

What should he do?

Software bug... simple solution is to abbreviate the name of the city... or make sure you have the latest version of adobe

last resort hand write the name

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Hi everyone!

What is this +-sign?

What should he do?

The + sign simply means that there is more information than displayed but obviously that is no good for printing the form. What i would do in this situation is try to make it fit by abbreviating.

example: S. Petersburg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

There is a lot of mistakes like that in the USCIS forms. They really need to qualify forms before.

Its maybe stupid, but, its already hard to fill all those forms as we're all affraid to make mistakes.

And these forms bugs don't help.

Richard & Chantal

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly while embracing each other."

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

in quebec where I came from we use ST for saint ( if there is not enough place to write the full name , for example place calld Saint Hubert will be ST-Hubert

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

Thanks you guys.

Since St. Petersburg is still too long, I'll just tell Vasya to write "S Petersburg."

How irritating that they want us to have the forms so damn perfect, yet their own forms have all kinds of little errors and glitches. Grrr :angry:

As of:

June 26, 2012 - The Hubbs received his 10-year Permanent Residency Card (aka THE Greencard) in the mail today!

At long last, this highly stressful leg of our journey has come to a close - for now - and we couldn't be more grateful and appreciative for all the tremendous help and support here on VJ! Without VisaJourney I doubt we would be where my husband and I are today! Thanks to all!

wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

<333

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have experienced the SAME frustration! For me, the years also don't in the slot, so it will say 200+ intstead of 2008. I found a computer that has the latest version of adobe and so everything fits fine, but when I send it to my fiance for him to print out- he prints it and the + sign shows up!! So annoying, so I'll just be writing (really small) the years and my home city.

"There was a boy with skin as dark as the earth & a girl with eyes as blue as the deep & they loved each other so well that people could not tell them apart, for in their hearts, there was no difference between them." -Brian Andreas

3-20-08: I-129F Petition Sent

3-24-08: NOA1

7-25-08: NOA2

10-27-08: Medical Exam

10-28-08: Interview! Approved!

12-20-08: U.S. Entry (POE Chicago)

1-2-09: Marriage

1-27-09: AOS package sent

2-3-09: NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-131

2-9-09: RFE received (need more income info. for household member)

2-24-09: Biometrics appoinment

2-25-09: RFE information sent back

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I have experienced the SAME frustration! For me, the years also don't in the slot, so it will say 200+ intstead of 2008. I found a computer that has the latest version of adobe and so everything fits fine, but when I send it to my fiance for him to print out- he prints it and the + sign shows up!! So annoying, so I'll just be writing (really small) the years and my home city.

That is what I did, I hand wrote it in - very neat and very small.

Met in France: 2006-7-9

Marlon's 1st visit to USA: 2006-12-26

Marlon's 2nd visit to USA: 2007-6-6

My 1st visit to England: 2007-7-13

I-129F Sent : 2007-10-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-10-29

Touched: 2007-11-9

Touched: 2008-2-26

I-129F NOA2: 2008-2-26

Touched: 2008-2-27

NVC Received: 2008-3-10

My 2nd visit to England: 2008-4-27

Visa Interview: 2008-5-30 APPROVED!

Marlon's Visa and Passport arrive: 2008-6-9

Marlon arrives in California: 2008-7-30

Cool, thanks! :thumbs:

Yeah he has the latest Adobe PDF version (and so do I), but there's still this problem.. I'll tell him to just hand-write it then if the problem pursists.

It is ok to handwrite, though???

As of:

wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

<333

We printed out every box we could that didn't generate a +, then carefully handwrote the remaining ones in small, neat, black capital letters. We had no problems whatsoever.

--------------------

(Full timeline in profile)

25th May 07 - Sent I-129F to TSC

17th December 07 - Interview- APPROVED! :)

17th May 08 - Got married!!!!! :)

18th June 08 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

3rd October 08 - Green card in hand!!

26th August 10 - Sent I-751 to VSC

31st August 10 - NOA1 from VSC

10th January 11 - I-751 approved!

14th January 11 - 10-year green card in hand!!

22nd April 23 - N400 submitted online; NOA available in USCIS account immediately
6th November 23 - Interview; approval same day
28th November 23 - Oath ceremony scheduled

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.