Fandango

Me & D's Visa Journey....

145 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I am sorry to hear that it is not working out. Since there is no acrimony involved and you still love each other, one could say that your realtionship is not ending but being reorganized... (F)(F)(F)

All the best,

Edited by metta

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Lisa, I'm so sorry (F) I really hope you can work things out, take care of yourself (F) (F)

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am so very sorry to hear this. I hope that things work out in the way that is the best for the both of you. I don't come around very often but I always do enjoy reading your insights (and your smackdowns :devil: ), you have a lot of heart to offer people. Wishing the best for you and D.

squidge

Judge Judy rules!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So sorry to hear this. Wishing you and D all the best in whatever you decide to do

(F)

Alison

April A friend told me that she thought my ideal man lived in Wyoming or Montana.

May 17 Did search on match.com. Found no-one in Wyoming. Only wrote to one person in Montana...his name was John. He replied two hours later.

Jun 26 Flew to Missoula to meet him & a weekend trip turned into a five week visit...

Many trips between US, Canada & Europe.

March 31 During a meeting in Vancouver, John proposed & I said YES!!!

Jun 2 Finally sent off our I-129F & a few days later we received NOA1. I am now officially an alien bride-to-be.

Aug 22 Email notification of NOA2.

Sep 12 Received letter to say application would be forwarded to US Embassy.

Nov 23 Returned packet 3 to Embassy

Nov 30 Medical

Jan 5 Got interview date

Feb 1 Interview. APPROVED!

Feb 2 Visa delivered.

Feb 7 Flight to Seattle.

Feb 8 Finally back home in Missoula, MT. I'm happy, John's happy & the cats are ecstatic - together again!

Apr 22 Wedding Day!

May 6 Sent AOS application

May 7 Honeymoon

May 23 NOA date for AOS, EAD & AP

Jun 12 Biometrics

Jun 15 RFE for AOS mailed

Jun 20 RFE received

Aug 16 RFE reply sent

Aug 31 AP approved!

Sep 5 EAD approved

Sep 8 AP received

Nov 13 Interview letter

Dec 14 Interview. Success!

Dec 26 Got green card!

Oct 08 I-751 to remove conditions sent to CSC

Oct 14 NOA

Nov 21 Biometrics

Jan 7 Approval notice

Jan 12 Received greencard

Oh no!!! I've been reading your posts for so long now, I can't believe you're going to be gone :( I'm so sorry that this time you didn't have the ending we were all hoping for you. MISS YOU!!!!!!

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I will miss you, LisaD. My heart is very sad for you.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Lisa I'm sorry I hope you can work things out but really no need to leave VJ right? I mean you still have a lot to offer this board not only in terms of immigration but also in dealing with long distance relationships. (F)

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Timeline

Thank you all for your wishes & mad love! And thank all of you for your PMs as well. I'm sorry but right now I can't reply to them anymore....today has been a very hard day for me, and I can't really deal with all of this right now.

D and I are still talking about where we go from here...personally, I'm not sure where that is, but we've decided we're not yet going to do anything final such as a formal withdrawal of the petition. Maybe we'll ask for an extension, maybe we'll cancel it the week before it expires, maybe we'll sort things out, maybe I'll move to England...I dunno at this point.

I've been with this man for so long, that I really don't know who I am without him. As hard as it may be, I welcome the chance to find out. This will be a v telling month for sure.

I appreciate all your prayers as well! My faith in God is strong and I trust in Him to lead me and D to where we belong. Where that is is anyone's guess atm, but we still have our love that we share, so who knows? So don't stop sendin us some nice prayer mojo, pls!

I promise I'll be back at some point with an update, but right now, I have to focus on myself and my possible life without D. So naturally, VJ is not really helpful at this point because it's too painful right now.

Thank you all again so much. Mad (L) to each and every one of you.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

(F) Thanks, Lisa, for sharing that. I wish you both peace in whatever happens - in knowing that everything in life has a reason and purpose.

Be strong.

Edited by Mister Fancypants

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Lisa, just saw this now and wanted to say how sorry I am to hear about you and D. I know you will find your own path eventually, but in the meantime we are all keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Stay strong. (F)

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

Filed: Other Timeline

Man oh man.

Lisa, I know this is really really hard for you. I hope you CAN work something out. You mentioned going back to England - you always loved it there. I know you have family here that means the world to you - but there are planes, and webcams. Not the same, I know, as being so close by them. But - it's doable, I guess.

This is off the wall as far as a correlation goes, but maybe it will make some sense. Maybe not - but here goes. When we were selling the house, that was a real struggle for me insofar as Zach. He'd grown up in that house. He loved the way it was done inside; he loved his room; he loved the woods out back. He's soooo sentimental - I didn't realize how much until the day of the move. You know how they take drawers out so they can move the heavy furniiture? Well, when they were removing the drawers for one of the chests in Zach's room, I saw on top of some clothes - his old baby blanket. And in a sock drawer - two pairs of his baby socks. He had kept those things - not Mom keeping them for him in a safe place. He had kept them.

I had a terrible time with it all. He came home from college about 10 days before the move, and before he was leaving to go back, he was standing in the driveway looking all around. He went out back and looked up into the woods. My heart broke into a million pieces. I looked at him before he got in the van to drive away, and hugged him. All I could say was "I'm sorry". He said "It's okay. I understand". And he drove off.

What's this got to do with the price of pickles in Pakistan? *sigh* It's about making a choice - a choice I had to make. I had struggled to keep that house too long - for my son. But he was growing up and going on. Soon he would spread his wings, fly - he would have his own life. His own family and his own career. Wes and I could choose to stay in that house; struggle with the payments; the heating bill; the commute and all its costs. Or we could do what was right for us - and I had to do what was right for me and move away from a house and all the memories it contained of a prior broken marriage.

You have to do what is right - for you. For David. If that means a return to England - then godspeed. I know your family will understand. If it means other things - then I wish you healing. And peace.