• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i'll miss you on vj :cry:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Hope the best for you and Dave. I am happy for you and I know that you will find happiness with His help. (F)

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

Lisa,

All the best to you in whatever life throws your way. Your a strong and determined woman, and it sounds like you are coping well and will be alright. (F)(F)

Take Care

Mary Lou

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

May happiness and joy be with you always.

Best of luck wherever life may lead you Lisa.

(F)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Lisa,

There are people here who really care about you and personally...I love reading your banter with folks here. PLEASE don't let this be the end of you posting here. We've 'bonded' with you via your posts and to not have you post anymore would be a loss for us too. Check in now and again so we know you are OK. I'm glad you are well and sure in your decisions. I wish you much happiness, and peace too. See you around okay!

"The course of true love never did run smooth" - William Shakespeare

K1:

10/29/05...met online

11/23/05...met in person for the first time in London, England

06/29/07...got engaged!

07/19/07...mailed I-129F via certified express overnight mail

08/02/07...check cashed

08/04/07...NOA1 received in mail

12/11/07...NOA2 issued from CRIS email!! YAY!

12/12/07...touch!

12/17/07...received hard copy of noa2

1/14/08.....file reaches NVC

1/28/08.....packet 3 received

2/29/08.....medical interview

4/01/08.....interview

04/03/08...visa in hand!!

04/14/08...POE JFK!

05/17/08...Wedding!

Adjustment of status

06/21/08...Mailed AOS,EAD, and AP paperwork

06/27/08...NOA1

07/17/08...Biometrics

07/29/08...Transferred to CSC

08/21/08...Touch I-485!

08/22/08...Touch I-485!

08/25/08...Received AP in the mail!

08/28/08...Received EAD in the mail!

08/29/08...Email from CRIS welcoming the new permanent resident! YAY!

09/06/08...Green card received in mail!

Oh Lisa, I just do not know what to say, It has been so long since I have been on here with work and the house and the new rotty puppy that I could not believe what I was reading, my heart goes out to you, but knowing you as I feel I do I know that you have not taken this decision lightly and also how much you must be hurting right now.

I had pm'd you before I read this, so in case you read this I will call you this weekend, we'll still have that get together girl!!!!

Lisa you are such a vibrant spirit and you will bounce back and I know that you and D will remain friends, and I hope that one day, he will come to visit you, would love to meet up with you both

You are in my thoughts Lis, will call you this weekend,

To all who I have known on here and who remain to support "newbies" Hi and hope all is well with you and your loved ones. Me!! I am just great, best move we ever made, beautiful house, got the job I wanted, wonderful new rotty puppy clled "Morgan" what else :o) a fitting tribute to a wonderful dog who did not make the big move over the pond with us as I am sure some will remember, we lost him to cancer the week before we flew. But this little beggar is as loved a he was :o)

You all remain in my thoughts, how you are all getting on, I hope that things are all you wanted them to be :o)

Val

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

*hugs*

I'm a firm believer in things happening for a reason and everything working out the way it is meant to. Be strong and know that whatever happens you always have friends here :)

(oh and it doesn't mean you get to go run away either - there is no point in leaving friends behind :D)

Aly

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Lisa,

Your last post was beautiful. I could almost feel the peace and sense of freedom that you talked about. I wish you the best. (F)

-Xenia

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Filed: Timeline
Lisa, I'm pretty sure you'd have to be a monster to *enjoy* watching someone else lose something like that.

I'm so sorry, and I hope you will find a solution, if not now, then down the road.

Oh, I don't know; I got plenty of triumphant "I told you so's" when my marriage ended. Not saying who from; they know who they are. :whistle:

Incidentally, the divorce is still pending but we're near to the end. We're not looking to screw one another financially, which is good because there's a substantial amount of payola involved. Luckily I persuaded him to do the divorce in Texas, so he can't ask for spousal support even though I make twice what he does.

I'd advise LisaD to NOT do a divorce in the UK.

There's life afterwards, by the way. I'm now engaged to someone else; the wedding is later this year.

Peace out.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Lisa, I'm pretty sure you'd have to be a monster to *enjoy* watching someone else lose something like that.

I'm so sorry, and I hope you will find a solution, if not now, then down the road.

Oh, I don't know; I got plenty of triumphant "I told you so's" when my marriage ended. Not saying who from; they know who they are. :whistle:

Incidentally, the divorce is still pending but we're near to the end. We're not looking to screw one another financially, which is good because there's a substantial amount of payola involved. Luckily I persuaded him to do the divorce in Texas, so he can't ask for spousal support even though I make twice what he does.

I'd advise LisaD to NOT do a divorce in the UK.

There's life afterwards, by the way. I'm now engaged to someone else; the wedding is later this year.

Peace out.

i don't think they were married....

I am sorry to hear of this Lisa.... glad things ended friendly though... (F)

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline

It's been so long since I've been here that I honestly can't remember who's applying for what. :P

In any case I'd advise anyone married to a Brit to check both sets of divorce laws. There are some definite stingers in British divorce law, one in particular that had the potential to screw me royally. In my case, Texas divorce law worked out to my advantage so that's the jurisdiction I chose. Just waiting on the final settlement doc to come back from him so I can prove it up in court and be done with him once and for all.

I've been back in America since late June and it's the best thing I ever did. No regrets. None. B)

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Timeline

It's been so long since I've been here that I honestly can't remember who's applying for what. :P

In any case I'd advise anyone married to a Brit to check both sets of divorce laws. There are some definite stingers in British divorce law, one in particular that had the potential to screw me royally. In my case, Texas divorce law worked out to my advantage so that's the jurisdiction I chose. Just waiting on the final settlement doc to come back from him so I can prove it up in court and be done with him once and for all.

I've been back in America since late June and it's the best thing I ever did. No regrets. None. B)

i've missed you on vj :luv:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!