one...two...tree

Got this beautiful rocking chair for $35 on craigslist

34 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
thats a beautiful chair.

I bet you guys are getting really excited for baby. Enjoy these last few quiet weeks!

We are. :D Trying to get ready with last minute things. The baby's crib is in our room but we plan to have the baby sleep with us most of the time. :)

Most health professions will encourage to NEVER have the baby sleep in the same bed as mom/dad!! And have the baby sleep on their back . But ur the parents and of course its ur decision. Nice find on the chair

Really? I used to have my babies sleep in a "wedge" so they'd always be on their side. I was always afraid that if they were sleeping on their back they'd choke on their spit up. Then again they were both projectile vomitters so maybe that makes the difference.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think they are more concerned with sleeping on the stomachs! But they say the back is the safest

http://www.nichd.nih.gov/publications/pubs...e_sleep_gen.cfm

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

a great rocker..i got one ..a darker cheery that was my dad's and mom's favorite for years...i loe the old fashion rockers..and be good for that new baby

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

DO you know if you're having a boy or girl Steven?

I'm guessing 'boy' by her shape... :blush:

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

aaawww I love the chair!! and since it's unfinished, you have the chance to get creative with some painting, and personalize it :) or just the natural wood is beautiful too! :star:

Jinky looks great, and happy!! (F)

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hmm, I guess I need to look at glider more closely. I thought the idea was to do away with the squashing element. Well... they are quieter! :D

I'm partial to the old fashioned styles of rockers. I think the gliders can take little fingers off with all the moving parts

Yup. Rather than smashing a cat's tail with a traditional rocker, a glider will just slice it off. lol

I like traditional chairs as well. Gliders feel "wrong".

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Timeline

Cute chair :)

Likely not a good idea to have baby in bed with you - it's very easy to smother them accidentally when they are small. Totally up to you of course, but I'd be scared of rolling over onto the little one.

Baby on stomach is never a good idea (but we all know that), I believe it's pretty easy to have them sleep on their side, a rolled up blanket does the job of having them roll onto their tummies/back.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Cute chair :)

Likely not a good idea to have baby in bed with you - it's very easy to smother them accidentally when they are small. Totally up to you of course, but I'd be scared of rolling over onto the little one.

Baby on stomach is never a good idea (but we all know that), I believe it's pretty easy to have them sleep on their side, a rolled up blanket does the job of having them roll onto their tummies/back.

Actually from a USA govt report around 2005/2006, only around 35% of parents put their babies on their back to sleep!!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The rocking chair looks beautiful coz of Jinky.

I wonder if Chad will get me one :whistle:

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
thats a beautiful chair.

I bet you guys are getting really excited for baby. Enjoy these last few quiet weeks!

We are. :D Trying to get ready with last minute things. The baby's crib is in our room but we plan to have the baby sleep with us most of the time. :)

The chair is gorgeous and Jinky's gorgeous too, Steven :)

My daughter slept with me and the ex....and it took until she was FIVE before she was comfy sleeping in her own bed. But it made nursing in the early days very convenient.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
thats a beautiful chair.

The chair is gorgeous and Jinky's gorgeous too, Steven :)

My daughter slept with me and the ex....and it took until she was FIVE before she was comfy sleeping in her own bed. But it made nursing in the early days very convenient.

Thanks, Jen. Perhaps it's a cultural difference, but in many countries, the baby sleeps with the parents. :)

Well done Steven :thumbs: Jinky looks adorable :star:

Not much longer till your baby arrives so you can put the chair to good use.

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1