20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi...

I was wondering if anyone uses comcast as their phone/tv provider..

Any feedback would be great. :)

Feb 5 - lawyer sent in i 130 application.

march 28 -got the I-797 Notice of action for I 129F

May 8 - they sent 797 notice of action -a sking for information

June 20 - I 130 approved

July 31 - Fees paid and 168 affidavit of support sent

October 6 - They request more information - for CR1

October 18 - lawyer sent to them

November 2 case completed from NVC

November 16 - congressman calls - waiting for interview date

December 12 - congressman calls - interview has been set

Jan 29 INTERVIEW IN MONTREAL!!!

Missing some steps.. but getting there :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Use Comcast for Internet, but their TV service in our area doesn't compare to DirecTV for choice and price.

The Internet service has been reliable and no problems.

Edited by Lansbury

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Use Comcast for Internet, but their TV service in our area doesn't compare to DirecTV for choice and price.

The Internet service has been reliable and no problems.

Right on the money. I have Comcast for all 3 services, phone, cable and internet. The phone and internet services are outstanding but their cable T.V. programming and pricing are horrible. I used to have DIRECTV but had to cancel it because in my new house I'm two feet away from getting the single. DIRECTV has by far the best programming for the money.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

I have had so many problems with comcast over the last 2 years. I still have them for cable and internet and vonage for our phone. I think a lot of our problems are because we live in an apartment building. Just be prepared with patience and for people who really don't know what they are doing. I haven't switched to any other provider because I think they are all the same.

Lifting Conditions

01/19/2010 - Mailed I-751 Packet

http://www.comcastmustdie.com/

I don't have them but I've heard horror stories from my coworkers who do.

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Issues and problems could vary widely based on ones region.... I have had all three services and other than price... no issues.....

YMMV

Filed: Timeline

I've had all their services, mostly with no problem. In fact, one time the landlord of the apartment I was living in cut the cable, and Comcast came and repaired it for me for free even though they were supposed to charge me for it (and then I was supposed to try to get the landlord to reimburse me). But I agree that it varies from region to region. I know some people who have been miserable with their service.

Comcast's phone service is really good, but unless having great sound quality is important to you, I would just get a Skype phone. $99 for the phone, $36/year for unlimited calls to any phone in the US/Canada. It's not the best quality but since I use my cell phone primarily anyway it's the perfect solution for a land line for me. (I don't know how Vonage compares, maybe it's even better/cheaper.)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We have the cable/internet/phone bundle as well - and agree with Len and Bren - if the cable goes down we have no phone service, however we have our cells for that. The phone quality is excellent - we used to have vonage and the sound quality deteriorated so badly that our friends told us to stop calling them - they would call us instead on our land line (we used it for local calls only) at their expense! So, we got rid of vonage and were dubious about Comcast's promise about clarity - but they have lived up to it.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

We also have the TV/internet/phone bundle. So far, the only downside is that when the power goes off, so goes your phone :(

Provided Comcast side stays up, which it probably will since they tend to have battery back up. You can get a UPS (Uninterruptible power supply) to run your modem and phone router on. It will probably cost $75 to $150 though.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Hi...

I was wondering if anyone uses comcast as their phone/tv provider..

Any feedback would be great. :)

We have Comcast for TV & Intenet. We use Vonage for phone, but my daughter has Comcast for phone (as well as TV & Computer) and likes it better than Vonage.

choclboxsmiley.gif

Bette

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.